FORUMS

Desire HD can't get into bootloader

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By teeskay, Junior Member on 27th December 2010, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings,
I am wondering if anyone has experienced an issue where it's impossible to get the phone to go into bootloader with the Volume - and Power Buttons. My DHD just boots up. I'm on Desire Revolution ROM 2.0.1 with S-Off. The only way I can get into bootloader is with adb.

Am I using the wrong button combinations? I've only had the phone for a few days and I assumed the way to get into bootloader would be the same as my Nexus One.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction if I'm doing something obviously stupid
27th December 2010, 05:12 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,428

More
That is the correct button combination. Are you pressing them at the same time or do you hold Volume Down then press power?
27th December 2010, 05:16 PM |#3  
Retired Senior Moderator
XDA Central
Thanks Meter: 4,370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeskay

Greetings,
I am wondering if anyone has experienced an issue where it's impossible to get the phone to go into bootloader with the Volume - and Power Buttons. My DHD just boots up. I'm on Desire Revolution ROM 2.0.1 with S-Off. The only way I can get into bootloader is with adb.

Am I using the wrong button combinations? I've only had the phone for a few days and I assumed the way to get into bootloader would be the same as my Nexus One.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction if I'm doing something obviously stupid

restart the phone
when the capacitive buttons light is off immediately press and hold volume - button and keep holding until device is in bootloader
cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broncogr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift broncogr Ad-Free
27th December 2010, 05:27 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,428

More
Also remember that your DHD doesn't actually turn off when you turn it off. You need to disable HTC FastBoot, Settings > Applications > Untick "FastBoot".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andy Ad-Free
28th December 2010, 10:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Andy,
That fixed the problem. Thank you very much.
29th January 2011, 08:07 AM |#6  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 163

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Thanks! that did the trick for me 2!!
29th August 2011, 02:35 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyharney

Also remember that your DHD doesn't actually turn off when you turn it off. You need to disable HTC FastBoot, Settings > Applications > Untick "FastBoot".

Worked for me too, but in Settings > Power > Untick "FastBoot"

Thanks again!
11th September 2011, 04:09 AM |#8  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyharney

You'll be surprised how many times you solved the noob fastboot question. And google likes you too. Thanks!
5th August 2012, 04:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I beg u help
I have 2.3.3 i downgraded to root and everythnig went great and i wanted to instal custom rom and i cant go in bootloader i tryeverything volume keyes and power and it just turn on,noo bootloader..;.pls help
5th August 2012, 05:06 PM |#10  
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 798

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefi999

I have 2.3.3 i downgraded to root and everythnig went great and i wanted to instal custom rom and i cant go in bootloader i tryeverything volume keyes and power and it just turn on,noo bootloader..;.pls help

Try removing the battery for a minute. Then volume down + power button.

Was it rooted? Go into the rom first and uncheck fastboot. Settings, power.

Sent from a dream.
5th August 2012, 05:13 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teichopsia

Try removing the battery for a minute. Then volume down + power button.

Was it rooted? Go into the rom first and uncheck fastboot. Settings, power.

Sent from a dream.

Yes its rooted i was looking for fast boot i dont have it.....omg so angy right now am gona try that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)