MyTouch 1.2 (aka Fender, aka LE) w/3.5mm headphone jack

Search This thread

pogo189

Apr 20, 2011
Ginger Yoshi for Fender

Hey guys I'm trying to put Ginger Yoshi RC7 on my phone, but I keep getting stuck on the splash screen. I have SPL: 1.33.0013d and Radio: 2.22.28 (confirmed on my HBOOT screen). I flashed the rom ("yes" to EXT, "no" to Zeam, "no" to 60MB swap), then I flashed the kernel: MT3G-Fender-1.2-2.6.35.11-10M-autogroup-test7 as advised at the beginning of the thread for Ginger Yoshi. I then reboot the phone and it says HTC Magic, then goes the the Ginger Yoshi animated splash screen, and it gets stuck there. Any idea why that may be?

cellsafemode

Apr 6, 2011
You literally have to wait 15 minutes the first boot. I timed mine and it was 15 minutes. Just let it sit there and do something else around the house or whatever. it will boot.

the.hagop

Jan 24, 2011
Hey guys I'm trying to put Ginger Yoshi RC7 on my phone, but I keep getting stuck on the splash screen. I have SPL: 1.33.0013d and Radio: 2.22.28 (confirmed on my HBOOT screen). I flashed the rom ("yes" to EXT, "no" to Zeam, "no" to 60MB swap), then I flashed the kernel: MT3G-Fender-1.2-2.6.35.11-10M-autogroup-test7 as advised at the beginning of the thread for Ginger Yoshi. I then reboot the phone and it says HTC Magic, then goes the the Ginger Yoshi animated splash screen, and it gets stuck there. Any idea why that may be?

mytouch 1.2?

pogo189

Apr 20, 2011
sweet i got it to work. it really did take some odd 15 minutes!

I got the Fender, which is basically the same as a 1.2.

crazylilazn

Mar 23, 2010

Hey I've been trying to update the Yoshi ROM on my friend's mytouch 3g 1.2 with the 3.5 mm jack, but I honestly have no idea how to flash the radio. I've read that to update the SPL you require a gold card and whatnot, but I'm not sure if that also applies to the radio.

Is there any simpler way to upgrade the radio to the 2.22.28?

DonJuan692006

Jul 22, 2010
Suffolk, VA
Hey I've been trying to update the Yoshi ROM on my friend's mytouch 3g 1.2 with the 3.5 mm jack, but I honestly have no idea how to flash the radio. I've read that to update the SPL you require a gold card and whatnot, but I'm not sure if that also applies to the radio.

Is there any simpler way to upgrade the radio to the 2.22.28?

What radio is it currently on? Is it rooted? Do you have a custom recovery installed?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

isharabash

May 4, 2010
I have a rooted (amon-ra) mt3g, spl 1.33.0013 and radio 2.22.23.02, can I still flash ginger yoshi, or do I need to upgrade those first?

Where can I find upgrades for that?

Thanks!

anticshree

Jun 15, 2009
READ ME BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE OR STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!!!

The myTouch 1.2/Fender is a rather unique device. If you boot into fastboot you will notice that the following information is displayed:

Code:
Sapphire PVT 32A Ship S-on G
Hboot-1.33.0013 (Sapp31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
Oct 21 2009

Let's break that down a little bit.

You see in the first line 32A...but this is very misleading. The myTouch 1.2 is actually a 32B device, just with 32A memory and controller, but it IS a 32B device for pretty much all intents and purposes.

Secondly, you'll notice S-ON. This means that remote security from the bootloader is enable. What does that mean for the user??? Simple, you'll never be able to run a remote fastboot command.

Second line, 1.33.0013. This is your SPL and the ONLY SPL that will allow the phone to function properly. This, as well as the radio, will always need to be the stock versions or you'll either brick your phone or never get a ROM to work.

Also to note, this is considered a perfected SPL. What does "perfected" mean? Remember the "S-ON"?? That is what makes it perfected.

Lastly, the radio, 2.22.23.02. There is actually now a newer radio, 2.22.28.25 available, however, I personally have noted no real performance gain/loss. Again, along with the SPL, you will never want to change this unless you absolutely know what your doing or an expert tells you to.

Now, on to the good stuff.

How do I root my phone???
The first few posts of this thread are the various methods to go about rooting the myTouch 1.2/Fender. The easiest and least dangerous method would be to use one of the one-click root programs such as Universal Androot or SuperOneClick. These methods will give your phone permanent root permissions (permanent until you do a factory reset or receive certain OTA updates later on down the road). The big deal here is that with root permissions you are able to download a nice little application from the Market called ROM Manager that allows you to flash a custom recovery onto your phone. The custom recovery is the bread and butter of modifying your phone. It allows you to flash custom ROM's, flash new kernel's for overclocking, etc.

What radio should I use?/What's the best SPL?
Simply put, don't mess with your radio or your SPL ever except for under very specific circumstances. Those circumstances being, your rooting your phone using the goldcard method or you need an engineering SPL to be able to run a command from fastboot. Even in either of those cases, this should be done very carefully and you will always need to revert back to the original SPL/radio. If you ever need to run something from fastboot and are thinking about flashing an
engineering SPL to do so, make sure you ask an expert first before proceeding. The number one reason for people bricking their phone is because they have taken it upon themselves to try flashing random file they've found via Google.

What ROM's can I use?
This is an easy one. Pretty much any ROM made for 32B phones that does not require a specific radio. I haven't personally tried this out, but I've had reports from a few people that just about every ROM for the G1 not requiring a specific radio works for the 1.2/Fender. Worse case scenario if you flash a ROM that isn't going to work, you'll get stuck in a boot loop and will just need to flash a new ROM or restore a backup.

What is a backup?
A backup essentially saves the state of your phone. For those computer savvy, it's like creating an image of a hard drive. The easiest way to create a backup is via a custom recovery. Both ClockworkMod and Amon Ra's recovery's include backup applications (e.g. Nandroid, Bart, ClockworkMod). Immediately after achieving root, getting your custom recovery installed, and verifying that your ROM boots properly, you should create a backup. This way, if your phone ever starts going down the tube or you manage to hose something up with your ROM, you can simply restore your backup and be back up and running. This will not fix a truely bricked device however, so don't get your hopes up.

Is my phone bricked?
The basic definition of a bricked devices is one that will not boot into a ROM, will not enter the bootloader, and will not enter recovery. If you still are able to boot into any of the three mentioned, your not bricked and there's a chance to save your device. The problem is that when most people get close to this state (they can only get into fastboot for example) they'll go into a panic and start trying any and everything to get their phone back up and running. This is NOT the thing to do. If you ever are stuck in a similar situation, please come ask for help and don't do anything else with guidance.

How do I get into the bootloader/recovery?
All of these steps are to be completed with the phone powered off.

For fastboot - hold back+power until your loaded into a white screen with the Android dude skateboarding.
For hboot - hold Volume Down+power until your loaded into a white screen with the Android dude skateboarding.
For recovery - hold the home button+power until your loaded into your recovery. For the stock recovery it'll be a triangle with an exclamation mark in it and an error pointing to a box. Hitting the home button again will get you the rest of the way into the stock recovery. If you have a custom recovery you will be loaded into a basic menu.

It's essential to familiarize yourself with these menu's. Before you do anything to start rooting, you should boot into fastboot and right down the information there and keep it somewhere. If your run into problems later on and you can still get into fastboot, make sure you get in there and right down what it's showing then. Make sure you include whatever your fastboot information is whenever your posting about a problem in the forums.

That's all I can think of for now. So good luck!
Hi,

while updating RUU my pc goes of due to some power failure problem.
and after that my phone is not booting, whatever you do it goes into boot loder,
I can able to run fastboot commands but not adb. not able to boot into recovery mode via fastboot command or not able to flash anything any rom gold card method is also not working for this. ( i have tried all brands of card ).

my phone stuck in RUU screen.

my phone details are :
Radio version: 2.22.23.02.
SPL/hboot version: 1.33.0013.
product: sapphire.
mid: sapp31000.
security: on.
build-mode: ship.
main version : 2.53.707.2
Handset model is : mytouch 3g US 1.2 fender edition with 3.5mm jack.

when I tried to update radio or boot or hboot I got an error : FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)

when I tried to RUU ( almost all ) I got model id error or main version error.

can you please suggest me the solution

regards
Shri

N3WPV

Jun 19, 2011
Ohio
First some background. I have a MT4G and have successfully rooted it along with my wife's and friends MT4G and my son's MT3G Slide so I'm not a total noob.

Last night I tried to root my daughter's MT3G unsuccessfully. She has the 3.5mm jack version. After some research I determined I should use this procedure: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Full_Update_Guide_-_Fender/1.2 .

Everything went fine until I got to this step:

fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot.nb0
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G-cyan.img

The radio flashed fine. When I tried to flash hboot I got an error. I can't remember what it said but I remember the filed transferred fine but the error occurred during the "writing" phase. I tried to flash hboot again with the same result. Next I tried the recovery image and got the same error message, even after a second try.

I tried to reboot the phone to start the process again but it won't respond at all. I've pulled the battery, tried vol down+power, back+power but the phone won't respond at all. I don't even get the charging light when I plug the phone in. I'm thinking it's a lost cause. Anyone have any ideas??

Robz360

Jun 1, 2011
I have

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
OCT 21 2009, 22:33:27

CM 6.1 and Ginger Yoshi 1.5 wont work.

I'm using Cyanogen 5.0.8

lazypc

Jul 12, 2010
Modesto
Certain ROMS will work with a Kernal Flashed Over

So honestly the only part of the forum that I normally read is the development, however, every time I want to thank someone or give my experience I can't because I have not made the 10 post... even after being a member for months.

But I just did want to note that you can use certain ROMS that normally wont work on the MyTouch 1.2 if you flash the correct Kernal after you flash the ROM.

Currently I am using Ginger Yoshi 1.5, and have been using it since 1.2 or 1.3, the key is, after I flash the ROM, I have to flash the Kernal for the MyTouch 1.2 over it, and it works fine... I do have occasional problems with GPS, but it seems that patience works it out in the end.

I don't have the link for the Proper Kernal offhand, but if you PM me I will send it to you.

ll77

Feb 15, 2012
I have the same phone specs you put...
Mine is a mytouch 3g 1.2
I started with cm 6.1 and now have slashdw cm7 on it with ezterry kernel

I am looking now to update my radio and add SD ext partition.

psm321

Nov 9, 2009
Is there a thread that has the latest info on what Radios/SPLs work on the 1.2? The first few posts here say nothing other than stock will work, but then later I see posts about updating and different versions in people's sigs. I did see this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=918438 but was wondering if there is anything more comprehensive.

In particular, I'm trying to run Froyo by Laszlo and need to figure out if I can get a radio/SPL/kernel combo that will allow that to run.

Thanks!

neogaia

Mar 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Easiest method for Rooting this Phone

After reading a lot of instructions I found that DonJuan's instructions are the easiest: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10822185&postcount=1

I wrote a guide on how to root this phone using a Mac based off of H3MLock's instructions in the SuperOneClick thread, and the updated kernel you should use because if you use the kernel DonJuan recommends you'll find yourself in a bootloop: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23699541&postcount=447

If you use this method you do not need to make a goldcard, or change the SPL or the radio so you are a lot less likely to brick your phone.

Remember the keys are recovery and to make a backup. The first 2-3 tries to install a new ROM didn't work but I was able to go restore my old ROM or try to flash a new kernel. Also remember to backup your nandroid to your computer or somewhere else as when I wiped the phone in recovery, I lost the nandroid backup of my OTA (Over the Air) Android 2.2.1. I'm not crying about it but it would be ideal to have that backup available.

I'm happy to note that my phone runs MUCH faster and I've breathed new life into this old phone. [My cousin gave me her old Android and with a new ROM it feels like a new phone!]

JayDino75

Jul 4, 2012
New York
SWEET!!

Thanks to Unlockr, DonJuan, and everyone else here for the EXCELLENT help. I'm just getting around to playing with this phone's "true capability", since all the contracts are up and I now have three different phones if I should "brick" this one. Awesome! :thumbup:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Thoughts and Things to Know

READ ME BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE OR STARTING A NEW THREAD!!!!!

The myTouch 1.2/Fender is a rather unique device. If you boot into fastboot you will notice that the following information is displayed:

Code:
    Sapphire PVT 32A Ship S-on G
    Hboot-1.33.0013 (Sapp31000)
    CPLD-13
    RADIO-2.22.23.02
    Oct 21 2009

Let's break that down a little bit.

You see in the first line 32A...but this is very misleading. The myTouch 1.2 is actually a 32B device, just with 32A memory and controller, but it IS a 32B device for pretty much all intents and purposes.

Secondly, you'll notice S-ON. This means that remote security from the bootloader is enable. What does that mean for the user??? Simple, you'll never be able to run a remote fastboot command.

Second line, 1.33.0013. This is your SPL and the ONLY SPL that will allow the phone to function properly. This, as well as the radio, will always need to be the stock versions or you'll either brick your phone or never get a ROM to work.

Also to note, this is considered a perfected SPL. What does "perfected" mean? Remember the "S-ON"?? That is what makes it perfected.

Lastly, the radio, 2.22.23.02. There is actually now a newer radio, 2.22.28.25 available, however, I personally have noted no real performance gain/loss. Again, along with the SPL, you will never want to change this unless you absolutely know what your doing or an expert tells you to.

Now, on to the good stuff.

How do I root my phone???
    The first few posts of this thread are the various methods to go about rooting the myTouch 1.2/Fender. The easiest and least dangerous method would be to use one of the one-click root programs such as Universal Androot or SuperOneClick. These methods will give your phone permanent root permissions (permanent until you do a factory reset or receive certain OTA updates later on down the road). The big deal here is that with root permissions you are able to download a nice little application from the Market called ROM Manager that allows you to flash a custom recovery onto your phone. The custom recovery is the bread and butter of modifying your phone. It allows you to flash custom ROM's, flash new kernel's for overclocking, etc.

What radio should I use?/What's the best SPL?
    Simply put, don't mess with your radio or your SPL ever except for under very specific circumstances. Those circumstances being, your rooting your phone using the goldcard method or you need an engineering SPL to be able to run a command from fastboot. Even in either of those cases, this should be done very carefully and you will always need to revert back to the original SPL/radio. If you ever need to run something from fastboot and are thinking about flashing an
    engineering SPL to do so, make sure you ask an expert first before proceeding. The number one reason for people bricking their phone is because they have taken it upon themselves to try flashing random file they've found via Google.

What ROM's can I use?
    This is an easy one. Pretty much any ROM made for 32B phones that does not require a specific radio. I haven't personally tried this out, but I've had reports from a few people that just about every ROM for the G1 not requiring a specific radio works for the 1.2/Fender. Worse case scenario if you flash a ROM that isn't going to work, you'll get stuck in a boot loop and will just need to flash a new ROM or restore a backup.

What is a backup?
    A backup essentially saves the state of your phone. For those computer savvy, it's like creating an image of a hard drive. The easiest way to create a backup is via a custom recovery. Both ClockworkMod and Amon Ra's recovery's include backup applications (e.g. Nandroid, Bart, ClockworkMod). Immediately after achieving root, getting your custom recovery installed, and verifying that your ROM boots properly, you should create a backup. This way, if your phone ever starts going down the tube or you manage to hose something up with your ROM, you can simply restore your backup and be back up and running. This will not fix a truely bricked device however, so don't get your hopes up.

Is my phone bricked?
    The basic definition of a bricked devices is one that will not boot into a ROM, will not enter the bootloader, and will not enter recovery. If you still are able to boot into any of the three mentioned, your not bricked and there's a chance to save your device. The problem is that when most people get close to this state (they can only get into fastboot for example) they'll go into a panic and start trying any and everything to get their phone back up and running. This is NOT the thing to do. If you ever are stuck in a similar situation, please come ask for help and don't do anything else with guidance.

How do I get into the bootloader/recovery?
    All of these steps are to be completed with the phone powered off.

For fastboot - hold back+power until your loaded into a white screen with the Android dude skateboarding.
    For hboot - hold Volume Down+power until your loaded into a white screen with the Android dude skateboarding.
    For recovery - hold the home button+power until your loaded into your recovery. For the stock recovery it'll be a triangle with an exclamation mark in it and an error pointing to a box. Hitting the home button again will get you the rest of the way into the stock recovery. If you have a custom recovery you will be loaded into a basic menu.

It's essential to familiarize yourself with these menu's. Before you do anything to start rooting, you should boot into fastboot and right down the information there and keep it somewhere. If your run into problems later on and you can still get into fastboot, make sure you get in there and right down what it's showing then. Make sure you include whatever your fastboot information is whenever your posting about a problem in the forums.

That's all I can think of for now. So good luck!
    Does your new MyTouch have a 3.5 mm headphone jack?
    Are you confused on wether it's a 32A or a 32B?
    Do you need to know how to root it?
    Do you need to know how to flash a custom recovery and which one?
    Do you have the right radio?
    Are you afraid that you might brick your phone?

THEN THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU!!!

HURRY!!! HURRY!!! HURRY!!!​

For a limited time only! Get your questions answered without having to post a new thread!*

Good while supplies last!

*XDA-Developers and it's members are not held responsible for any damages and encourages all readers (members and non-members) to read thoroughly before attempting any modification of any device. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.
    Easiest method!

Easiest method!
    This is a guide on how to root your phone and install a custom ROM using Universal AndRoot. It supports several phone models and is the simplest way to root a phone I have ever seen. It features a 1 click root and a 1 click unroot option. Rooting with this method does NOT affect your bootloader, therefore if your phone needs serviced you can (theoretically, I have not verified this to be true) simply unroot and restore to normal.

As always myself, XDA, ROM developers, your friends, your mom, the rulers of the world and the developers of this app are NOT responsible for any bricks YOU create by taking the risk of rooting your phone. Also there are no guarantees that your warranty will not be null and void. If you NEED your warranty, DO NOT root your phone. Use at your own risk!

First we will gather the items needed to complete this process.
    Universal AndRoot Version 1.6.1 is the newest STABLE release. The newest version is 1.6.2 beta 5, which is where the updated list above comes from and is said to be very close to the final release version.
    Next go to the Android Market and install AppInstaller (there are a few versions including appsInstaller by modmymobile, all are free)
    While in the market, also grab ROM Manager (also free)
    Next download the ROM you would like to use. I personally recommend CyanogenMod 6.0.0 DS - stable. This link will take you to the Cyanogen downloads section where you will have to select your phone and search for the ROM you want.
    While you are there, also grab the Google Addon pack for your phone.
    Of course it is up to you to choose a ROM you like. You can also keep your stock ROM if you choose.

Lets Begin!
    Install the Universal AndRoot .apk file, the ROM you chose and the Google Addon to the root of your microSD card

Open AppInstaller and let it locate your AndRoot .apk on your microSD. Select it and install it to your phone.

Open Universal AndRoot from you app menu. It should read your phone and show your firmware version. Click the "Root" button and let it do it's thing. It really only takes a minute or 2. When finished it will let you know. Congratulations, at this point you are now rooted.

Now for a custom ROM!

Open ROM Manager. Install Recovery. The default recovery for ROM Manager is ClockworkMod Recovery (which is what I am using) but a lot of people seem to like RA Recovery. This option is at the bottom of ROM Manager under "Flash Alternate Recovery". Whichever you choose, let the Recovery flash.

Next choose "Backup Current ROM", then "Reboot Into Recovery" (for future reference, you can also get into recovery mode by turning your phone off, then hold down the "home" button hit the power button. continue hold home as it powers on.)

Chose "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition". This step is important. I know from personal experience if you don't do this you may end up in a bootscreen loop!

Choose "install zip from sdcard". Navigate to the ROM you loaded on your microSD and flash it.

After the phone reboots (which can take a few minutes the first time after flashing a new firmware version) go back to ROM Manager and again choose "Reboot Into Recovery". Once in recovery, again choose "install zip from sdcard". Navigate to the Google Addon pack on your microSD and install it.

Once you are rooted and running your new ROM, go into ROM Manager and partition your sd card. This is optional.

That is it. You should be good to go! Way easier and faster than the old goldcard method!

This is my first XDA guide. I hope it is up to your standards!
    Will all 32a/nr roms work on the 1.2?

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

NO! 32A roms WILL NOT WORK!!!!
    Could anyone help with two (or four) nagging questions I've been trying to find answers to?

1.a. what is the difference between droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/17/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-120810.zip
    and
    droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/17/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b_radio2708-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-120810.zip
    ?

1.b. I have successfully flashed the first one on my device to fix the green hue issue on CM6.1. Is there any benefit to flashing the second?

2.a. I would like to change my splash1, but can't use fastboot because I don't have the Engineering SPL. Is there any easy way to change the splash1 without having to do the 3-step process of a) flash to Engineering, b) update the splash screen, and c) flash back to stock SPL?

2.b. OK this may be a long shot, but as a programmer, I'm kind of curious: if the answer to 2.a. is "no", then, is the "splash1" image saved in any recovery files anywhere when you do a backup (e.g. if I go into ClockWordMod ROM Manager and choose "Backup Current ROM", does the backup include the splash1 data?), and, if so, would it be feasible to search the recovery image for the splash1 data (e.g. with a program that looks for a binary string matching the raw data of the current splash screen)-- of course, the data would have to be raw and unencrypted and uncompressed-- replace it with the new splash1 data, and then do a restore from the resulting modified recovery file, in order to change the splash screen?

-------
    Androot + ClockworkMod ROM Manager + CM6.1
    SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
    HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
    CPLD-13
    RADIO-2.22.23.02
    Oct 21 2009, 22:33:27

droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/17/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b_radio2708-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-120810.zip is for the 2708 radio which you DON'T have so don't flash it.

No. Flash the Engineering SPL, flash the splash screen, flash the stock spl back. Only way.

No. Splash files are not saved or effected by nandroid. So you can flash the splash screen and restore a nandroid backup (or clockwork backup, whatever) and you'll still have your splash screen.