This is the latest version of Desire HD Sense FRG83D (very close to stock). Basically everything is working and I have been using it for a while now.
It's a little slower than most Desire ROMs (though you get neat benchmark scores; NOTE: Benchmark scores are usually lower than the ones from SD builds,
because NAND writes are slower), but that pays off feature wise in my opinion. See for yourself.
I have squashfsed the app and framework directory, which saves a lot of space. (Desire HD ROMs are very space hungry). Finally got it down to use only 230 MB + (6MB free in /system, because mkyaffs2image does strange stuff), which means you will have 184MB of storage space available for your user files (if you use the partitioning layout I supplied with the DFT flasher and depending on if you chose to use the EXTROM area/last 24 MB of NAND space in MAGLDR - if you have a TMOUS LEO you will of course have more).
Things i have removed (i can remember..):
- Maps (it's an outdated version anyway - download a new version from Market)
- eReader stuff + eBooks (takes 50 MB or so - WTF, not worth it)
Not sure if all languages are working, because I removed some of the language dependend stuff, except for German and English.. Has to be tested.<- should be working according to users.
- This ROM comes as ODEX-ROM, because that again saves a lot of space, which would otherwise be taken twice (once in davlik cache and once in /system/app / system/framework)
If you want SuperUser, install the superuser app from market. I'm not sure if i am allowed to just include it in my ROM.(0.2 has superuser app pre-installed)
- My own kernel is included, based on the latest linux_on_wince_htc git. It has the SMARTASS and INTERACTIVE governor
as well as an undervolt (925 mV)(no UV in 0.2 anymore).
- Of course this ROM comes with RMNET enabled. My version of the libhtc_ril_wrapper allows you to choose between PPP and RMNET by file. If /system/ppp exists (create it with touch /system/ppp) then PPP will be used, otherwise RMNET. RMNET is working quite well, so i would suggest you use that.
- If you want notifications working, install Led me know from market. I had battery drainage issues with it, so i removed it.
- If you still experience problems with the Browser just closing, or crashing, install Flash player from Market
- Due to the squashfsed app and framework directory you will NOT be able to write into /system/framework and /system/app. If you want to change sth there you need to extract my ROM and unpack squashed.sqsh, make your changes and put everything back. I won't explain it in detail here. Use google if you want to know more, or search the forum.
The MAC address of the WIFI interface can't be read correctly, nor changed at the moment. We need to wait for Cotulla to implement it in MAGLDR.<- MAC address can be changed temporarily. See here. Thanks to clio94 for posting this.
- There is some issue with dexopt running for the apk's in /data/app on every boot atm, which i was not able to solve yet.. (You see a lot of Pruning dalvik file.... in logcat, making bootup slow, if you have a lot of apps installed)
Maybe someone else can help out on this?
- On some languages you can't add cities to the weather widget/app. Switch to English if you want to do that as a workaround, you can switch back afterwards again.
- htcsense.com features are not working currently - dunno what causes this; Maybe it's HTCs fault
- If you think the ROM is slow.. Wait at least one hour after you installed and configured all your stuff before judging! ROM is syncing and configuring a lot of stuff after initial setup!
Version 0.3 -> Multiupload; BACK UP YOUR STUFF BEFORE FLASHING if you use a previous version to be sure!
Changelog in v 0.3: - Squashfsed more directories - gives us a LOT of space.. System footprint now is 209 MB; you should have more userdata space available! - Fixed issues with browser closing while loading flash vids - test it please - Added HTC Location widget - Added News reader widget - Standard kernel included; optional overclock kernel (1113 Mhz) in the release package; if you want to use it, replace the zImage in /system with the zImage in release package
Mirrors (thanks to fakker/noobhands):
Changelog in v 0.2: - Removed undervolting - Superuser app now pre-installed; Any crashes or other problems with this should be fixed now! - RMNET module now is no longer loaded if you chose to use PPP (to use PPP instead of RMNET create an empty file ppp in /system)
To all those having trouble flashing the ROM with Cotulla's flasher
Please go to Cotulla's thread and ask for help there, this is not the place for this.
Instructions taken from Cotulla:
1. download MAGLDR 1.10
2. download NAND Android ROM
3. Install MAGLDR to your LEO (ROMUpdateUtility.exe)
4. Boot LEO and select in the menu "4. USB Flasher"
5. Run DAF.exe on your computer. Do all steps.
6. Wait while it's flashing.
7. After flashing device will make auto-reset.
8. It should boot directly to Android.
9. If any errors happens, please report in Cotulla's thread, which is here.
* Cotulla: for his great MAGLDR and trusting me while testing it.
* mdeejay: for supplying me with userspace stuff.
* Markinus, LeTama, Rajko and all the other great devs from #htc-linux who contributed
* Everyone else I forgot
If you want to buy me a beer you can do so by clicking the link in my signature. I put a lot of time in all this.
And of course buy Cotulla a beer, without him we wouldn't have come so far in that little time! :P