FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[03 JAN] Jaws-MIUI base on MIUI 31-12 [Kernel: Hastarin 8.6oldcam by tytung]

665 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

By lesjaw, Senior Member on 31st December 2010, 08:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is my first try to make a nand build, thanks to OCM for passing the knowledge and giving permissions for his kernel and initrd.gz

base on : MIUI 31-12-10
Kernel : Hastarin 8.6oldcam by tytung

Whats working :
* 3g/HSDPA
* keypad status notification
* Bluetooth
* USB mass storage
* G Sensor
* Facebook sync
* Camera/Camcorder
* Wifi
* GPS
* FM Radio
* Theme Manager
* RMNET

Whats not working:
* Tethering & Portable Hotspot (lack of kernel support), click here for third party app
* Bootanimation cannot be change by theme manager (other theme element works)
* Can't login in to https from app (zynga poker, World War, SwiftFTP etc), known MIUI bug since 2412

Download 02-01 update1
Click Here Please

Update boot.img
Click Here Please
you must reflash to update boot.img
================================================== ====

Download 02-01
Click Here Please

bootloop fix thanks to RaiderX303 , some people still report bootloop, use method below to fix bootloop .. arrrgghhh
edit : WTF..the changes i made in init.rc didn't save, thats why there is still bootloop, sorry guys..

Need Test : Bootloop fix
Download here
put this file inside JawsNand31-12 folder (replace boot.img in that folder)

Tips :
- Use paid Titanium Backup to move all user app to SDCard so you will not running out of internal storage space..
- for Wireless tether use Wireless Tethering Apk
- for USB tether use Wired Tethering.Apk
- I forgot to change Camera.apk, default Camera has no custom Video quality setting, but camcorder does work, for anyone has problem with camcorder and want to change video quality please Download here, push it to system/app or use DroidExplorer

eh, btw..this build is default from MIUI, none of the picture element changed, to make this build like the screen shoot, use EliteProHD theme, Minimalistic Text and System info widget

ISSUE :
since MIUI release date 18-12 there is bootloop issue in HD2 port, futureshock tell me what causing it, i tried to fix it but some user still report bootloop, so while i'm working this nand build, i found a fix, but it will take some work for your self, since this fix must be done on bootloop, in next stable release perhaps i can make this fix automatically .. i need some info how to edit some init file and make chown command run while on firts boot..

so here you go (for windows only) :
1. you need android SDK, so you can do "adb shell", download here, download USB driver from there or you can or download here (you still need android sdk to run "adb shell")
2. boot Jaws MIUI, then connect your HD2 to PC, it will ask driver, point it to USB driver you have download before..(if you have install driver correctly it will look like picture 2)
3. while your HD2 still bootloop, and windows has finish installing android HD2 driver, run command prompt (click start - run, type cmd, click ok)
4. navigate to where you save android sdk files, mine is D:/Android-SDK, so to navigate to that folder u have to type this in command prompt (look at picture 1):
C:\Documents and Settings\LESJAW>d:
D:\>cd android-sdk
D:\android-sdk>cd tools
D:\android-sdk\tools>adb shell
# chown 1000.1000 /data/system
5. it will finally end bootloop and take you to home screen

Picture 1

Picture 2

remember do those step while your android is bootlooping..
================================================== ====
Old release..

Download 01-01
Click here please

================================================== ===

Download 31-12
Click Here Please
================================================== ==

NOTE!
1. Update1 u don't have to edit build.prop, its rmnet, dns update automatically
2. U can used your previous data, when MAGLDR prompt you, don't erase previous data
3. For initial release : u must edit build.prop file and change ppp0.net.dns1 and dns2 to your own provider DNS, default DNS is my provider.. otherwise you will have no data

thanks to : Cotulla - for making all this possible, rajko, ocm, dan1j3l, LeTama, hastarin, huanyu, michyprima, Cass67, darkstone, ElbartoME, gauner1986, Geo411m, mattc, memin1857, NetRipper, MIUI-DEV, XDA-DEVELOPERS,MIUI.com (the Rom) .. sorry if i forget mention ur name..

Change log :
Code:
3-1 Boot.img
- change boot splash screen
2-1 update1
- update language pack to 1c
- fix MIUI Music FC when entering setting
- change kernel to Hastarin 8.6oldcam by tytung to fix Camcorder FC on some people
- Fix Bootloop
2-1
- base on MIUI 31-12
- fix bootloop issue (i test this by flashing almost 10 times) 
1-1
- change kernel to Hastarin 8.6 by OCM
- rmnet connection data (universal now)
31-12
- initial release
DONATION
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to lesjaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lesjaw Ad-Free

31st December 2010, 08:09 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
@reserved for future update
31st December 2010, 08:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ill be trying this soon, i love MIUI builds, hows the speed compared to SD card versions?
31st December 2010, 08:16 AM |#4  

More
Thanks buddy will be the first to try, I have the Cotulla NAND version done how do I go by installing the MIUI version over this one?
31st December 2010, 08:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any screenshots?
The Following User Says Thank You to OmSoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OmSoft Ad-Free
31st December 2010, 08:19 AM |#6  

More
thanks, i'll try
31st December 2010, 08:24 AM |#7  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 295

More
wow
is overclocking possible ?
31st December 2010, 08:29 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbrother

Ill be trying this soon, i love MIUI builds, hows the speed compared to SD card versions?

hmm..i much more prefer this nand :) feel more speedy..just my feelings perhaps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316racing

Thanks buddy will be the first to try, I have the Cotulla NAND version done how do I go by installing the MIUI version over this one?

you just replace it, like the way you install cotulla nand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmSoft

Any screenshots?

same with my sdcard build, need no screen shot here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneMo

is overclocking possible ?

i havent test it yet..
31st December 2010, 08:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
hows the battery life on nand?
31st December 2010, 08:31 AM |#10  
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 316racing

I think it`s only one way - to install stock WM 6.5 and after that you can install new Android rom, am I right?

For Example: If I try to boot in magldr to it`s menu - there is nothing will be, but only auto launching Android. It cant be stop.

Just tried another way: HD2 was connected with a cable to PC, reboot, long pressing key for magldr after it`s show up (with auto-launcher android I think) -> then menu has been shown!
The Following User Says Thank You to aion92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aion92 Ad-Free
31st December 2010, 08:41 AM |#11  

More
How to increase internal phone storage?
Is there anyway to increase the internal phone storage just like we did previously in sd card install?

The internal phone memory sucks in nand versions and we cant install more apps.

anybody has any ideas?

thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)