FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

EA Games (Need for Speed Shift, The Sims 3, etc)

3,523 posts
Thanks Meter: 157

By Paul22000, Senior Member on 1st January 2011, 09:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
A) I've purchased these on my phone (Nexus One) but they don't show up on the market on the Nook Color (even with the new Market).

Does anyone know how to make them show up? (I've tried Market Enabler to no success as well).

B) Using Root Explorer, I took the apks from data\app on my Nexus One and put them in data\app on my Nook Color, and changed permissions. They show up in the launcher after reboot. However, on launch, it fails downloading the data saying that it's an unsupported device.

Has anyone gotten these games to work or know of a way to?

1st January 2011, 11:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Are these commercial games authorized/licensed by device? I mean, you DL'd them for your Nexus One and now you seem to want to copy them to another device.

Homer
1st January 2011, 11:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_S_xda

Are these commercial games authorized/licensed by device? I mean, you DL'd them for your Nexus One and now you seem to want to copy them to another device.

Homer

I doubt it. I've used plenty of other paid apps on both devices (such as Root Explorer, Titanium, Robo Defense, etc).
1st January 2011, 11:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well in my last two days of reading this nook color section I have learned allot. One thing I am sure of is that the Market place checks the device connected to it and only shows apps that will or should work on said device. I now games like the ones you have mentions have not been written to work on the resolution of this size screen so they will not show up nor can they install on the device.

I happened to get NOVA HD downloaded but it would only show like half the screen. Most games or apps that are not compatible yet will not even install. I am sure you we will have to wait till these games are supported for the Galaxy Tab.
2nd January 2011, 04:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethegamerz

I happened to get NOVA HD downloaded but it would only show like half the screen. Most games or apps that are not compatible yet will not even install. I am sure you we will have to wait till these games are supported for the Galaxy Tab.

NOVA HD 3.4.2 works full screen with spare parts, some time you've gotta toggle compatibility a couple times ( same for galaxy tab)

sent from a Nook Color using xda-app
3rd January 2011, 04:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I've successfully size loaded both nfs and the sims3, the only problem is it only displays shades.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk
3rd January 2011, 08:07 AM |#7  
Flag Seoul, Korea
Thanks Meter: 167

More
I got NOVA running on mine as well. Believe it's version 3.50, (not positive). Was already running the Spare Parts App and never had to mess with the compatibility mode with it. Game works great.

I tried NFS, got it installed and running, but its a no go. Graphics are reduced to just a couple shadows.
3rd January 2011, 10:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 342

Donate to Me
More
I have Nfs working like a charm on my NC..

Sent from my Nook Color using XDA App
3rd January 2011, 03:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The paid apps follow your gmail account. I got all of the EA games to work on my nook color by buying them on my epic then using mybackup pro to make a backup of them. Then, I would move the backup file and the sd card EA folder over to my NC. Lastly I would restore the backup with mybackup pro on my NC. They all opened perfectly, after the already mentioned spare parts compatability check toggle.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
3rd January 2011, 11:51 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelhalff

I have Nfs working like a charm on my NC..

Sent from my Nook Color using XDA App

How?
3rd January 2011, 11:52 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnuckols1

The paid apps follow your gmail account. I got all of the EA games to work on my nook color by buying them on my epic then using mybackup pro to make a backup of them. Then, I would move the backup file and the sd card EA folder over to my NC. Lastly I would restore the backup with mybackup pro on my NC. They all opened perfectly, after the already mentioned spare parts compatability check toggle.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I tried this with Titanium Backup (paid) but the apps never show up in the list of possible apps I can restore, even when the files are in the correct directory for Titanium Backup.

What does MyBackup Pro do that Titanium Backup doesn't?

And is there a way to do this with Titanium Backup? (I have the paid version if it makes any difference.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rogue leader is awesome

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)