[12 JAN] prj Clean Desire v0.3.2 [Kernel: prj v0.4]

Search This thread

projection

Nov 8, 2008
If you are updating to v0.3.2+ from ANY earlier version read the README.txt file provided with the build!

Please ask all questions in the thread. I will not answer PM's regarding this ROM.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This build is based on Cotulla's build, with the following changes:
* Rom is rooted properly
* Percentage display on battery
* No 60ma drain after call
* Wifi mac individual for every device
* Smartass governor by default
* G-Sensor freeze fixed
* Low volume in-call fixed

The general idea of this build is to create a stable clean base with everything working properly.

Changelog:
Code:
v0.3.2
* Fixed backup, should work for everyone now
* Removed "The most annoying sound in the world" (startup sound)
* Re-wrote ROMinstaller to be easier to use.

v0.3.1
* Fixed boot loop

v0.3
* Fixed in-call volume
* Removed EVO Keyboard
* Added option to keep user data when installing new builds.
* Updated kernel (merged master branch)

v0.2
* Hopefully fixed volume
* Removed: Maps, Youtube, GMail, Flash Player, Facebook.
  Install what you need using Market.
* Squashfs-ed app and framework
* Free space 180MB
* Fixed notification LED

v0.1
* Initial release

Installation:
1. Start ROMInstaller.exe and follow instructions.
2. Boot your device and select in the menu "4. USB Flasher"
3. Flash as usual.

Download:
http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/prj_build_v0.3.2.rar

Not working:
* 720p recording

Recommended apps from market:
* Adfree
* Titanium Backup
* SystemPanel Lite
* Flash Player

Credit:
Cotulla, ocm, Rajko, hastarin.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 66,035
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 64,580
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 17,792
Last edited:

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
Are the camera and GPS working in this build, as I have not tried Cotulla's build.

Please specify what is working and not working for future members.

Thanks for the wonderful work.....
Yes please mention whats working and whats not.
More over can anyone tell how much memory is available after fresh install??

Thanks.

projection

Nov 8, 2008
Everything works except 720p rec and user dictionary.
Free space will be around 80mb.

tinuz97

May 26, 2008
OnePlus 5
Is the compass working?
In other nand builds the direction is verry wrong,not a little....verry wrong direction :(

dddrko

Mar 15, 2005
Everything works except 720p rec and user dictionary.
Free space will be around 80mb.

Great idea projection, because DFT rom was the most stable of NAND roms we seen so far. Free memory is more than 100 mb, what is great, but it would be even better if you removed Gmail, Facebook and YouTube 'cose those are outdated versions and needs to update, so more than 10 mb will be lost! More reports later...

benveq

May 1, 2008
Great idea projection, because DFT rom was the most stable of NAND roms we seen so far. Free memory is more than 100 mb, what is great, but it would be even better if you removed Gmail, Facebook and YouTube 'cose those are outdated versions and needs to update, so more than 10 mb will be lost! More reports later...

yep i agree on him it could be better to update some apps comes with rom like flash 10.1 and facebook these are outdated and it could be nice changing with updated ones. thanks for this rom
by the way anyone tried gsensor?

projection

Nov 8, 2008
I'll keep that in mind...
Keep the ideas coming :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are updating to v0.3.2+ from ANY earlier version read the README.txt file provided with the build!

Please ask all questions in the thread. I will not answer PM's regarding this ROM.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

This build is based on Cotulla's build, with the following changes:
    * Rom is rooted properly
    * Percentage display on battery
    * No 60ma drain after call
    * Wifi mac individual for every device
    * Smartass governor by default
    * G-Sensor freeze fixed
    * Low volume in-call fixed

The general idea of this build is to create a stable clean base with everything working properly.

Changelog:
    Code:
    v0.3.2
    * Fixed backup, should work for everyone now
    * Removed "The most annoying sound in the world" (startup sound)
    * Re-wrote ROMinstaller to be easier to use.

v0.3.1
    * Fixed boot loop

v0.3
    * Fixed in-call volume
    * Removed EVO Keyboard
    * Added option to keep user data when installing new builds.
    * Updated kernel (merged master branch)

v0.2
    * Hopefully fixed volume
    * Removed: Maps, Youtube, GMail, Flash Player, Facebook.
      Install what you need using Market.
    * Squashfs-ed app and framework
    * Free space 180MB
    * Fixed notification LED

v0.1
    * Initial release

Installation:
    1. Start ROMInstaller.exe and follow instructions.
    2. Boot your device and select in the menu "4. USB Flasher"
    3. Flash as usual.

Download:
    http://gm.mainframe.no/stuff/prj_build_v0.3.2.rar

Not working:
    * 720p recording

Recommended apps from market:
    * Adfree
    * Titanium Backup
    * SystemPanel Lite
    * Flash Player

Credit:
    Cotulla, ocm, Rajko, hastarin.
    Today... just testing if keeping data works on my phone or not.
    He means the little green led that flashes when you get a message. Currently it stays on permanently, causing battery drain.

Sent from my HD2 NANDroid using XDA App
    It does not cause more battery drain. Hell, do you even have an idea just how little power a such small LED draws?
    From a power drain perspective it makes no difference if it's on or flashing.

I am experiencing wake up lag while wifi is on... I wonder if the wifi lag patch being
    applied to the kernel??
    Yes.

Hey guys,

Love this ROM, it's smooth, fast and battery drain is kept to a minimum. However, if i enable Wifi, the drain increases from 2/3 mA (on 3G, stand by) to 65/75 mA. I noticed this on several other ROMs.

Do you know what causes this and how it can be fixed?
    Go to Wifi advanced settings, set sleep policy to "after 15 minutes" and in "location" disable wifi based location.

А когда новая версия будет?
    А чего тебе сейчас нехватает?

@ Projection

I'm not normally one for asking but would you consider adding the DSP manager to the build. I've tried adding it manually but it doesn't work that way. I think it needs to be built in with the lib file.
    It basically adds the option to enhance the sounds on the phone, something similar to the audio booster on the winmo roms.
    I tried it on one of the recent clean builds and it improved the sounds to my headphones dramatically.

http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/
    You know, I really like manipulating sounds, Ableton and the like. But doing it on a phone? Sorry, but I am not convinced. It'll just take space and less than 1% of people will ever use it.

---

As for people asking for a new version - there will be one once there will be a big fix available that affects a lot of things.
    Right now, there is no reason to. The phone works well, I get 2 days of battery life (better than I got in winmo) and everything except the LED works for me.
    So, I am watching the general developments of Android, and if there is something that is of big benefit, don't worry, I will implement it and release a build that will allow you to keep your current stuff.
    Until then, I have a list of things - GPS, T-Mobile settings, MMS - but they are things that everyone can fix themselves if needed and I don't think there is a point to release a new build for that yet. I will wait until there is a bigger change.

Remember - the core point of this build is to have daily usable Android on the HD2. It's not the point to have the most features at the expense of speed or stability.
    That's why there is no undervolting or overclocking in the kernel, no ext4 support etc. It's all done for a reason, not because I can't do it.
    If you want to live on the "bleeding edge", then it is probably better to use a different build. This build will always be about having the phone in your pocket and not worrying that it reboots or crashes or lags or something generally does not work.
    Keeping data works.
    But it needs a special initrd that my 0.2 build does not have.

Starting from build 0.3 it will be possible to keep data. For 0.2 you will have to update your initrd prior to flashing, or you won't be able to.

I will post instructions with the build.
    Projection i love your build, however i have the above problem. Both my girlfriend's phone and my phone have the same mac address...any thoughts on that?
    I will look into it, but it is a kernel issue.

I have been working on a way to flash NAND builds easily while keeping data.
    I have been successful, so starting from the next build, you won't lose data when upgading.

Expect another update in the weekend.
    So far changelist:
    * Possibility to update without losing data
    * Fixed low in-call volume
    * Fix for notification LED and auto backlight not behaving well