Some notable changes are the following:
- Auto EXT4 conversion system. If a partition is found to be RFS, but referenced in recovery.fstab as ext4, the system will AUTOMATICALLY convert the filesystem, backing up ALL data on the partition, and restoring it after. This may still have kinks, so if you run into any problems, simply flash your rom over it.
- Removal of Amend script. This is a HUGE change for everyone using the update-script method to create flashable .zip files. ALL developers should begin using Edify scripts (updater-script and update-binary). I will post a few examples of common things below.
- Color contrast changed from green on black to orange on black.
- New mounting system. Partition types are no longer required to be compiled into CWM, and are instead detected from /config/recovery.fstab (Modified path to work with the redirector)
[NEW] FOR EB13:
NOTES FOR EB13: Auto conversion/restore seems to work 100% now. I converted and did NOT have to flash a rom over it. =]
[OLD] FOR DK28:
1. Unzip to your desktop.
2. Go into your phone and Go to settings->Applications->Development and turn on USB Debugging.
3. Now double click run.bat in the folder you unzipped. (If you are on linux ./run.sh from the folder)
4. Wait for everything to happen.
5. Use the THREE BUTTON METHOD to get to CWM3.
6. Wait for the conversion operation to finish.
7. DO NOT REBOOT!!!!
8. IF YOU ARE ON AN ODEXED ROM (DEFAULT OTA) THEN YOU NEED TO REFLASH A ROM AFTER THE CONVERSION!!!!!!! ODEXED ROMS DO NOT GET RESTORED PROPERLY!
9. Flash the Default Stock Dual FS kernel For EB13: http://efragtv.com/android/EB13-DUALFS-KERNEL.zip
10. Enjoy CWM 126.96.36.199/6
See post #2 for Edify examples vs the old Amend style.