[MOD] Silent Battery Full Notification CWM3 Compatible

Search This thread

leatherneck6017

Oct 22, 2010
Portland, OR
*Updated 2/6/11 to be flashable with CWM3 or less*

So, after many nights of being awakened by that annoying battery full audio notification I figured I'd do something about it. Here is a flashable zip that replaces the .ogg file that the system uses with a blank one. Will work on any ROM/File System.

Flash through CWM (v3.x or less):

Attachments

• silent_batt_full_mod_cwm3.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

schizopunk

Mar 2, 2010
Mechanicsburg, PA
decembermovement.com
So, after many nights of being awakened by that annoying battery full audio notification I figured I'd do something about it. Here is a flashable zip that replaces the .ogg file that the system uses with a blank one. Will work on any ROM/File System.

Flash through CWM (v2.5.1.2 or less):

I did something similar to this in my newest version of my ROM, I took the original sound files and made the extension FILENAME.ogg.bak

This removes the sound but if you want it back you can just remove the ".bak" portion of the file name.

leatherneck6017

Oct 22, 2010
Portland, OR
I did something similar to this in my newest version of my ROM, I took the original sound files and made the extension FILENAME.ogg.bak

This removes the sound but if you want it back you can just remove the ".bak" portion of the file name.

I had originally wanted to make a flashable zip that did just that (and also one to change it back)! But I wasn't able to figure out how to tell 'update-script' to do that :(.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Flash through CWM (v2.5.1.2 or less):

Worked like a charm! Now I can charge AND sleep!

Qukel

Oct 22, 2010
What is the name of the sound file that makes the battery full notification sound? I'm too sleepy at night to determine which sound just woke me up.

Thanks.

edit: Is it TW_Battery_caution.ogg? I've renamed it with a .bak extension and charging my phone now.

Last edited:

dito33

Jul 13, 2010
Thanks this is great. Can also the blue light and notification be disabled cuz I'm getting disconnected every time when tether or usb tether I forgot which one when notification comes on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

mwebb29

Mar 8, 2011
Installing Silent BatteryFull Notification CWM3

I am a newbie to all of this, but am sick of being awake all night long with the battery notification waking me up and not being able to go back to sleep.
I found your post and attached file.
I have a droid X - global - motorola.
1. Will this work on this phone?
2. Are there any risks of damaging the rest of the operating system?
3. If no - how do I install this on the phone?
Any help to get me back to sleep would be appreciated.
Thank you

leftkidney

Nov 21, 2010
why does the file have to be replaced

why cant it just be removed using some sorta file explorer on the phone?

further more WTF is the reason for this sound other then to wake people up and/or piss them off? - as far as I know all phones stop charging when they get full so you wont over charge the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Updated 2/6/11 to be flashable with CWM3 or less*

Flash through CWM (v3.x or less):
    Is it TW_Battery_caution.ogg? I've renamed it with a .bak extension and charging my phone now.

Yep, that's the one.