FORUMS

[WARNING] Do not upgrade to the official 2.2, read the explanation, why.

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By reqmon, Senior Member on 4th January 2011, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I created this topic for all, who didn't hear about it.

Upgrading your Wildfire to the new HBOOT and 2.21 Froyo (over the air) will result in total immunity to the tools like Unrevoked3. This means, that after upgrading you will not be able to root your phone, push clockworkmod, custom roms, and even if it was rooted before, it unroots and you will not be able to restore 2.1 from backup.

Those, who haven't done any upgrades, can flash a safe ROM or any other Froyo ROM on the rooted phone from sticky threads.

But those, who were successfully moved to the official 2.2 Froyo, have 3 solutions:

1. Wait patiently for the Unrevoked update, which will root the upgraded hboot. But right now (04 Jan 2011) Unrevoked team do not have Wildfires for testing, so development for this phone is suspended for some (long) time.

2. Downgrade. It is actually possible for conservative people, who liked 2.1.
Unfortunately, i must warn everybody, that this method will not make your phone rootable again because HBOOT doesn't downgrade.
[GUIDE] A Noobs Guide To Downgrade Wildfire/Buzz 2.2 - 2.1

3. Connect to the development and help others. Currently, we need ideas and, first of all, your comments. Any news about rooting upgraded Wildfire are welcome here.

More info on IRC channel: irc.freenode.net#unrevokedtest

-----
Useful URLs:
[GUIDE] A Noobs Guide To Downgrade Wildfire/Buzz 2.2 - 2.1
[GUIDE] One Click How to Root the Wildfire with Unrevoked 3
[ROM] All ROMs for Wildfire (newest version) listed by release date.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to reqmon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reqmon Ad-Free
4th January 2011, 06:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
good post, i agree, should be sticky
4th January 2011, 07:13 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I think you mean 04 Jan 2011 not 04 Dec 2011, hopefully by then 2.2 will have been rooted!
4th January 2011, 07:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vilnius

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireice7

I think you mean 04 Jan 2011 not 04 Dec 2011, hopefully by then 2.2 will have been rooted!

Woops, yeah, ure right
4th January 2011, 07:20 PM |#5  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 247

More
shame
yeah i updated like a fool :(
oh well not long until unrevoked3 release the update for wildfire :) hopefully in the next few weeks or so.
4th January 2011, 07:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
What about donating the Unrevoked team with an e-mail:
Donated xx$ for wildfire root.

So they can buy one/more wildfires?
4th January 2011, 09:38 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vilnius

More
yes, this kind of support would help them buy some wildfires .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reqmon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reqmon Ad-Free
5th January 2011, 12:40 AM |#8  

More
If you ran unrevoked forever on your Wildfire before installing the official Froyo 2.2, would you have a rooted Foyo Wildfire?
5th January 2011, 12:59 AM |#9  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 2

More
TO LATE MATE!!!!! When i said it's nothing new and slows phone, no one believes and celebrates that update is out. Now we only can wait unrEVOked team to fix flasher.
5th January 2011, 01:58 AM |#10  

More
CoaBalboa, I think that you misunderstood my post.

I am still on 1.37 rooted and am looking to upgrade to Foyo but only if I can root it. i.e. it is not too late.

Unrevoked forever is a different product to Unrevoked and my query still stands unanswered:

"If you ran unrevoked forever on your Wildfire before installing the official Froyo 2.2, would you have a rooted Foyo Wildfire?"
5th January 2011, 05:39 AM |#11  
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 0

More
+thanks for the informative post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)