FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Unrevoked doesn't work for me!

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nando1983, Junior Member on 7th January 2011, 02:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, everyone. I tried to root the HTC Gratia/Aria.
On windows (NOOBZ: The EASY guide to rooting your Aria and Installing Attn1's ROM (Win XP/Vista)) the program remains on "Waiting for root" and if I reboot manualy it fails. So I have tried with linux: I used a bootable usb (Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer(Guide)). Again no luck : the terminal says "Error: n = -1,errno = 19 (No such device)" and the program gives me "Internal error: failed to unlock nand flash".
Any Hint??How can I root the Gratia/Aria?
Thx for all,
Nando
7th January 2011, 03:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,707

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando1983

Hi, everyone. I tried to root the HTC Gratia/Aria.
On windows (NOOBZ: The EASY guide to rooting your Aria and Installing Attn1's ROM (Win XP/Vista)) the program remains on "Waiting for root" and if I reboot manualy it fails. So I have tried with linux: I used a bootable usb (Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer(Guide)). Again no luck : the terminal says "Error: n = -1,errno = 19 (No such device)" and the program gives me "Internal error: failed to unlock nand flash".
Any Hint??How can I root the Gratia/Aria?
Thx for all,
Nando

There are a couple of things that may be coming into play here.

1. Is this really an HTC Gratia and is it running Android 2.2? If so then Unrevoked can not root this version at this time.

2. If by luck you actually have an Aria and it is still running Android 2.1, then you need to download and use Unrevoked 3.21. The most recent version of Unrevoked 3.31 has an issue with some Android 2.1 devices such as the Aria.
7th January 2011, 03:20 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Ops...I have an HTC Gratia with Android 2.2...I'll be waiting for news.
Thx for all!
10th January 2011, 02:59 PM |#4  

More
Is it just the HTC Aria (S31HT, by Emobile in Japan, running 2.2) that has a write protection on the system folder, or is this the issue with all HTC Aria models running 2.2?
Several Japanese pages contain comments that due to this fact this specific model might never be rootable.
10th January 2011, 04:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,707

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedimon

Is it just the HTC Aria (S31HT, by Emobile in Japan, running 2.2) that has a write protection on the system folder, or is this the issue with all HTC Aria models running 2.2?
Several Japanese pages contain comments that due to this fact this specific model might never be rootable.

It woiuld seem that any HTC Aria/Gratia that is shipped with 2.2 (or more specifically HBOOT 1.0) is not rootable at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tpbklake Ad-Free
10th January 2011, 05:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Yes the hboot is what is holding you up. The hole they used to root the older hboots has been plugged. So you are just going to have to wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to jznomoney For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jznomoney Ad-Free
11th January 2011, 08:41 AM |#7  

More
I see. Thank you both for confirming that for me.
13th January 2011, 01:58 PM |#8  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 13

More
that's happening to me too
12th February 2011, 11:18 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
hi, my friend wants to root his aria but he's got the same NAND unlock problem..

his aria came with 2.1 and he then got the official upgrade to 2.2.

this thread suggests that the hboot is the problem but surely an upgrade to 2.2 wouldnt change the hboot?

pls help

EDIT: he seems to have hboot 1.02.000 which means that he won't be able to root?
13th February 2011, 12:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaav

hi, my friend wants to root his aria but he's got the same NAND unlock problem..

his aria came with 2.1 and he then got the official upgrade to 2.2.

this thread suggests that the hboot is the problem but surely an upgrade to 2.2 wouldnt change the hboot?

pls help

EDIT: he seems to have hboot 1.02.000 which means that he won't be able to root?

yes the official upgrade to 2.2 WILL change the hboot so no, he cannot root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aria, flash, gratia, root, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)