FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Free new LG apps

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Yakkaimono, Member on 7th January 2011, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi fellow LG WP7 users!
Just wanted to let you guys know that new free apps in the LG app store are available now. Enjoy!

New apps:
Cocktail Flow
Doodle God
Color Sprouts
envision for Basecamp
Krashlander
Colorize
Weave
Talking Ragdoll
Mobile Sommelier
Mr. Hat and the Magic cube
Network Setup
The Following User Says Thank You to Yakkaimono For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yakkaimono Ad-Free

8th January 2011, 07:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks for the heads up. I can confirm the apps are available in Canada as well.

Wow, LG really knows what they are doing with their apps. And RIGHT on time too. 60 days after launch. I wonder if this will continue. Also, seeing how the last round of apps still remain, here's hoping any new apps won't replace the old ones.

I am really not regretting buying and keeping this phone after all, even if the buttons are still a bit wobbly. If LG comes up with a phone with an IPS panel like they are doing with their Tegra2 based Android phones, but with WP7 on board, then they will have another customer...again.

PS: The total worth of the apps is around 30 dollar US...Respect LG, respect.
9th January 2011, 06:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That's awesome! I was actually considering buying Cocktail Flow, Doodle God and Krashlander. That's 3 quality apps right there!
12th January 2011, 05:24 AM |#4  

More
Well here is the bad news. After installing all the apps, I have discovered a sad truth. Not all the apps are up to date. The corresponding paid version in the Marketplace for an app, let's see Weave, is several releases ahead. Same with Cocktail flow. This was my initial fear as well. LG is basically offering these apps AS IS and probably will not update them past the 60-days offer. If the apps are not tied to the original developer, then basically we are screwed with no updates, and have to stick with out version 1.0 apps from LG. Nothing against LG, but if you promise something, then do it right.
13th January 2011, 02:41 PM |#5  

More
You're right. This issue should be brought up to LG if we want a chance of getting updates. They probably won't do anything about it unless people make it known that it is important.
14th January 2011, 01:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi! I'm one of the developers on Cocktail Flow. The current version in the LG appstore is indeed not the holiday version: this has to do with some issues with the process of getting them over to LG behind the scenes. However I can assure you that the app will soon be updated to the current version (and to other versions that would come out through the 60 days period).

The first update will still probably take some time, but after that there should be shorter delays between the marketplace and the LG store update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gergolovebsz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gergolovebsz Ad-Free
14th January 2011, 03:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gergolovebsz

Hi! I'm one of the developers on Cocktail Flow.

Nice job! Easily one of the best looking apps on the platform.

Quote:

The current version in the LG appstore is indeed not the holiday version: this has to do with some issues with the process of getting them over to LG behind the scenes. However I can assure you that the app will soon be updated to the current version (and to other versions that would come out through the 60 days period).

Do you know what the plan is after the 60 day period? I assume they'd be removed from the app store, which in turn probably means no more updates. hopefully you have info to the contrary.

Quote:

The first update will still probably take some time, but after that there should be shorter delays between the marketplace and the LG store update.

Thanks for the info, LG hasn't communicated how this works very well so far.
14th January 2011, 06:18 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Hi! I'm one of the developers on Cocktail Flow. The current version in the LG appstore is indeed not the holiday version: this has to do with some issues with the process of getting them over to LG behind the scenes. However I can assure you that the app will soon be updated to the current version (and to other versions that would come out through the 60 days period).

Thank you for the information. If only LG was so transparent in communicating with consumers. Cocktail Flow is one of the few apps in the marketplace that is just amazing to LOOK at, and even more impressive to use. I had it purchased before LG put it up. Amazing, and has gotten me some praise on my mixing formulas nowadays (Hehe). My question for you is whether the updates will stop after the 60 days, or will it be tied directly to your actual app...because if it is the former, that is kinda...a downer...
17th March 2011, 06:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What happend to this apps? Two weeks ago they were available to download in LG marketplace, but now they arent.
17th March 2011, 10:45 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektryk

What happend to this apps? Two weeks ago they were available to download in LG marketplace, but now they arent.

+1 My device was reset after entering a pin incorrectly and now that I am trying to reinstall, these apps listed at the top of this thread are no longer on the marketplace. What is going on? Older LG apps are showing, newer ones are showing but not all of those are there:
Cocktail Flow - NO
Doodle God - NO
Color Sprouts - NO
envision for Basecamp - YES
Krashlander - NO
Colorize - NO
Weave - NO
Talking Ragdoll - NO
Mobile Sommelier - NO
Mr. Hat and the Magic cube - NO
Network Setup - YES

Any ideas?
18th March 2011, 01:28 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I know some of the apps said "60 days of free download for lg handset owners" so they probably took them down because it's been 60 days.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)