First off, there is an insanely huge list of guys who are responsible for making this possible.
Thanks to phhusson, dbz, Stinebd, ACL, arrrghhh , viruscrazy, WisTilt2, Klinux, kama, Reefermattness, chkms, davidebeatrice, elroy944, kstephens98, DracoLX, zenulator, Chamonix, Makkonen, Mrpippy, cr2, Markinus, Babijoee and anyone else forgotten!. I WILL ADD MORE
Thanks to those who have already helped, and to those who will. THANK YOU!
thanks Dogsly for this camera drivers
THANKS TO F22 FOR HIS KERNELS
THANKS TO VIRUSCRAZY FOR HIS CAMERA KERNELS
GUYS, I'M NOT A DEV. I JUST HELPING PEOPLE.
FROYO X RED IMPROVED 3D PERFORMANCE
1- the last froyo x red had around 129 libs .so files
the new one has only 118 libs.
2- better gps locations
3- fix youtube
4- less apps
5- new apn xml files
6- add it a few line for mms support on the build.prop for gsm and cdma.
FROYO X RED IMPROVED 3D PERFORMANCE
0-new bootanimation for faster boot in to android
1-add it APN control to save on battery
2-add it taskiller
3-better gps and location.
4-3d, gralloc and camera. VIDEO IS COMING SOON. DID A FEW TEST FOR 5 SECONDS IT WORKED. BUT THEN IT FC ON ME. NEXT RELEASE
5-add it Japanese IME. make sure to unchecked Japanese IME in setting to English (language & keyboard setting)
6- wifi works (only test it on my rhod)
7-modprobe ipv6 support. add it ko driver to modules for support
8-add it launcher2 and zeam launcher
9- add it (rm -f /sdcard/*.rec) to the froyo.user.conf. you will not see those FSCK files any more in wm
10- add it (mount --bind /sdcard/gralloc.msm7k.so /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so) just in case you want to try different gralloc. (FOR ANBOOT USER. mount --bind /sdcard/andboot/gralloc.msm7k.so /system/lib/hw/gralloc.msm7k.so
11- auto backlight for keyboard. need to change kernels camera, 1250 or 1253
12- speaker phone. need to change kernels camera, 1250 or 1253
13-APN- you need to setup manually.
15- flash 10. STILL BUGGY
16- youtube video in high quality. open app, go to setting, click on HIGH QUALITY ON MOBILE.
17- MOD BUILD.PROP
18- fast download. from market and browser
NOT WORKING IN THIS BUILD
1-Bluetooth- still working on this
2-3.5mm headset jack
3-Notification LED-doesn't notify, but just outputs whether device is in sleep or active
4-MMS-can't received but can be sent with the correct carrier settings. STILL WORKING ON THIS. MAYBE IN THE NEXT RELEASE
PREPARE YOUR SD CARD
1-FORMAT YOUR SD CARD TO FAT32. FULL FORMAT
2-DOWNLOAD FROYO X
3-UNZIP IT INTO YOUR SD CARD. ANDBOOT OR TO ROOT SD CARD
4-USE YOUR STARTUP.TXT FOR YOUR DEVICES. ADD THIS COMMAND YOUR STARTUP. rel_path=andboot. OR WITH YOU PUT EVERTHING ON YOUR ROOT SD CARD YOU DON'T NEED TO ADD THIS TO YOUR STARTUP.TXT
5- for cdma devices. add this command for the camera on your startup. board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1
for gsm devices. add this command for the camera on your startup. board-htcrhodium.is_gsm=0.
FOR CDMA PHONES. REMOVE THE SIM CARD
6- for cdma & gsm devices make sure you have this command on your startup for data. force_cdma=1. for gsm devices is force_cdma=0
SETTUP FROYO X FOR THE FIRST TIME
PLEASE DON'T USE O/C ON THE FIRST BOOT
1. On WinMo, navigate to the andboot or root sd card folder on your SD card and launch haret.exe.
2. First boot will take several minutes for the data.img to be created... Be patient... enjoy the animation.
3. Wait for welcome screen setup. Do not touch. Wait for green light, skip everything and you are at the home screen. Wait for green light.
4. Open Spare Parts and change End button behavior to go to home
5. APN. setting, wireless & network setting, mobile networks, access point names, press menu key, new apn. SPRINT USER. FOR NAME "SPRINT" AND #777 FOR APN NAME
6. Goto to Settings - Call setting and set up your voice mail for sprint,verizon. etc..
7. Goto Settings - Sound. Test the volume settings, test phone ringtones and notification ringtone
8. Goto Settings - Display-Brightness. Make sure you drag the yellow line to the left but do it really slow. This is to save battery.
9. Goto Settings - Location & security- Enable use wireless networks and gps
10. Goto Settings - Applications- Enable unknown sources
11. Goto Settings - Language & keyboard - Set your language or use more locale 2 to add language. Press the menu key and follow the screen.
12. Now you can sync your phone by going to Settings - Setting account & sync
13. Let the phone sync. Do not touch. Wait for green light
14. Open all apps to get full performance. First go to Settings - Display - set screen timeout set it 10 minutes. Make sure all apps fully open.
* DO NOT OPEN VIGNETTE UNTIL YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO THE CAMERA KERNEL ON FUTURE BOOTS
* Open astro, browser, calculator, calendar, car home, clock, contacts, email, gmail.google seach, latitude, maps (if you see update occurring, just cancel it), messaging, music.navigation, news and weather, phone, places, search, talk, tapatalk pro, titaniumbackup
* Open the market app LAST - allow it to do updates for existing apps
15. Boot back to WinMo
16. Open File Explorer; you can now switch to the camera, 1250 or 1253 kernel located in the files folder; just copy the zImage and modules*.tar.gz to the andboot folder level.
* files\first boot zimage and modules 1232 - camera/kb backlight - you can use Vignette with this
* files\zimage and modules 1250 - official kernel - kb backlight
* files\zimage and modules 1253 - official kernel - kb backlight/USB headphone
17. Boot haret, alway wait for green light. Make a test call, send a text, tell someone to call you. Tell someone to send you a text.
* Your WinMo needs to be running at stock speed (528Mhz); DO NOT OVERCLOCK under WinMo before booting to Android, it will just crash. Don't ask how, it just doesn't work. You need to be running WinMo at stock speed since your last boot; you can't just throttle it down to stock speed and then launch Android.
* Optional but recommended: backup the data on your SD card, format it using SD Formatter as FAT32, restore your data on it, and create the Froyo X distribution with the instructions below.
* <LI sizcache="3" sizset="185">Here's how to have multiple Android distributions on your SD card: Have multiple Android builds on your SD card
* Attached contains the ts-calibration file I calibrated for my Sprint TP2. The one that comes with distribution is not accurate for my TP2; I get button misses when I use the soft keyboard (and hence any application that requires your screen to be aligned precisely). You're welcome to use it.
* For the Froyo X distribution, you may be able to overclock (not all TP2s can be overclocked so if this doesn't work, revert the changes) your TP2 to run at 710MHz under Froyo X; here is the setup:
1. DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THE INITIAL SETUP ABOVE COMPLETELY
2. WARNING: YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR PHONE BY OVERCLOCKING IT. AS USUAL, THAT'S THE DISCLAIMER AND I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT.
3. Open up the STARTUP.TXT in the andboot directory
4. Add the string "acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800" to the second to last line and modify the pm.sleep_mode string to "pm.sleep_mode=2". This works for my TP2 and ONLY FOR THIS CAMERA/BACKLIGHT KERNEL.
set cmdline "lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 clock_7x00.grp=0xa99 hw3d.force=1 board-htcrhodium.is_cdma=1 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 rel_path=andboot force_cdma=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 pm.sleep_mode=2 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=716800 physkeyboard=rhod400"
* Get Angry Birds to work with Froyo X
* If you want to add (or fix) anything to this (ONLY SETUP please), please PM me. I won't have time to read everyone's post to figure out if it's meant for me. THANKS and enjoy your Froyo XT!
Many thanks to Tiad8 and the XDAndroid developers (http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Development_Team) for this great work. I, myself, am not a developer so you guys should thank these guys. I know a little Linux but would love to learn about the internals of the Android system and hopefully really contribute one day.