FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[31Jan] Root for 2.0.2.A.0.24 and 2.1.A.0.435 firmwares via SuperOneClick

922 posts
Thanks Meter: 437

By hush66, Senior Member on 9th January 2011, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It seems like we finally have a working root method for the 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware!

It can be found in this X8 thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905183

Can anyone verify? I'm not on the latest firmware so am unable to confirm.

Update 1: Ok, it's confirmed to be working! Just download the SuperOneClickv1.5.5 (for 2.0.2.A.0.24).zip file below!

Update 2: SuperOneClick has been updated to use psneuter for exploit by default. This means easier rooting of SE devices. Original thread here. I have attached the latest version (1.6.1) below

Update 3: Have attached version 1.6.3 of SuperOneClick. Original thread here.

Update 4: This works for those who have updated to 2.1.A.0.435 firmware as well. If you have problems with version 1.6.3, please try version 1.5.5 instead.

Update 5: Attached version 1.7, which works just as well.

Update 6: This does not work on Gingerbread Android 2.3.3! You can either download and flash one of the pre-rooted custom ROMs found in the Development section or follow DooMLoRd's guide.
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hush66 Ad-Free

9th January 2011, 04:13 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,769

Donate to Me
More
One Guy reported on that thread that he successfully rooted his x10 with the. 24. Version....

Good News!!!

Sent from my es209ra
9th January 2011, 04:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Yep i can confirm it works, infact i updated just to try it.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
9th January 2011, 04:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfanboy142

Yep i can confirm it works, infact i updated just to try it.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Could you be so kind as to provide exact instructions on what you did?

Did you use the version posted by bociek1989 found here or did you use the version posted by konio25 which is found here?

And what do we do with the psneuter file that is in the first post of the thread?
9th January 2011, 04:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I posted these instructions for the X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro; I presume they will work for the X10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupineadvocate

1: get SuperOneClick from its original thread if you don't already have it. Latest version is 1.5.5, but most versions seem to work fine.

2: Delete the "rageagainstthecage" file (no filename extension).

3: get psneuter.zip from the Xperia X8 Android Development forum thread.

4: Unzip it. Rename "psneuter" to "rageagainstthecage" (no filename extension), and move it to your SuperOneClick folder, to replace the rageagainstthecage file you deleted in step 2.

5: run SuperOneClick. Mine rooted without looping.

6: reboot your phone. Test your shiny new root!

Remember to put your phone in debugging mode, etc. Someone in the X8 thread claims that X10 Mini can be rooted via this method; I don't have a Mini so I don't know for sure. But I've got a Mini Pro and it just worked.

9th January 2011, 04:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66

Could you be so kind as to provide exact instructions on what you did?

Did you use the version posted by bociek1989 found here or did you use the version posted by konio25 which is found here?

And what do we do with the psneuter file that is in the first post of the thread?

I downloaded the file in the first link, by bociek, and just ran it, it worked. I didn't even use the psneuter file. I had to reboot though.
9th January 2011, 04:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

I posted these instructions for the X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro; I presume they will work for the X10:

I did this:
1º put x10 in usb debug mode

2º run superoneclick(without deleting anything)

3ºRoot and wait

4ºReboot phone

Then tried screenshoot app and terminal app("su - sudo" to gain root ), both worked.
9th January 2011, 05:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
@oXunknownXo

Were you running 2.0.2.A.0.24? Previous firmwares can be updated with the SuperOneClick exploit, yes, but it is 2.0.2.A.0.24 update that stopped many root methods from working.
9th January 2011, 05:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

@oXunknownXo

Were you running 2.0.2.A.0.24? Previous firmwares can be updated with the SuperOneClick exploit, yes, but it is 2.0.2.A.0.24 update that stopped many root methods from working.

Just rooted mine in less than 8 secs and yes it's on 0.24 X10 firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragespeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ragespeed Ad-Free
9th January 2011, 05:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
can also confirm, that it works with the newest firmware..
9th January 2011, 05:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:

@oXunknownXo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)