FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[JAN 25][ROM-ZIP]Stock Desire HD on EU HD2 [A2SD+][CWM][RMNET/PPP][Kernel:MDJ,Gauner]

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By EFyodor, Senior Member on 11th January 2011, 02:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

This is not squashed ROM for EU HD2 which contains all files from the stock RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.72.405.3_R_Radio_12.28e.60.140f_ 26.04.02.17_M2_release_161342_signed. Yes of course some executables(akmd, reboot, vold), some libraries, some config files and kernel were replaced for Leo. The reason of why I do this is my wish to have Desire HD ROM on my EU HD2 which is closest to stock.

The ROM size is about 407M. I do not like squashed ROMs. We all have sdcards and I do not see any sense to make squashed ROM. Therefore this build uses the second partition of sdcard to store dalvik cache, data, system apps, framework. So size of this rom in NAND is 391Mb, and in sdcard is 16Mb. I recommend you to use 1024MB second partition, but not less.

My CWM installation script mounts the second partition of sdcard to /data, creates sysfiles directory and copies /system/etc/clockwidget, and /system/etc/slideshow and /system/etc/soundimage to this second partition into /data/sysfiles directory. After that the script creates symbolic links to these three directories in /system/etc direcory, and copies all other files of ROM to system partition in NAND. So we have 391Mb of files in NAND, and 16Mb of files in the second partition of sdcard.

The kernel mounts the second partition of sdcard to /data before the init.rc script will be run. Therefore android use this partition as internal storage, and we see free space of this partition as free phone storage in info.

The content:
- Full stock Desire HD RUU 1.72.405.3
- Last Gauner's kernel.
- Fixed mms.
- Fixed WiFi MAC.
- Fixed su.
- Fixed sql lib.
- Fixed first and external partition mounting.
- Percent battery.
- Rmnet is ON by default, if you would like to enable ppp you should create ppp file in /system directory and reboot your phone. To create the ppp file you should connect your phone to PC and run this command in a terminal:
adb shell touch /system/ppp
You should delete this file and reboot your phone if you would like to enable rmnet again:
adb shell rm -f /system/ppp

Not worked:
- 720p recording
- bluetooth MAC

Removed apps:
- Ereader. Use the attached archive if you would like to use ereader. Install it by CWM.
Link to ereader

"How to install" is in the readme file of the build. Please, read it! This ROM is only flashable using ClockworkMod. CWM v 1.2 is included into archive of this build. Note, system partition in NAND should be 399Mb.

CWM v 1.2 fix:
If you would like to use CWM backup and restore you should replace CWM initrd.gz file on this file. I fixed CWM to soppurting partition layout without userdata partition..

Update the previous version ROM:
If you would like to update the previous version you should not touch your sdcard. You should do this only: format NAND by task29, install magldr, flash new CWM partition layout, install new ROM.

Recommendations:
- I recommend to format NAND by task29 before install this ROM. After formatting will be done you should install magldr again. All tools are included into the archive.
- I recommend to calibrate G-Sensor. To do it go to Seetings->Display->G_Sensor calibration->, place your phone FACE-DOWN on level surface, press Calibrate button. After calibration will be finished press Ok button.
- If you would like to use the "backup second partition" feature in CWM, the second partition should be labeled as sd-ext.
- Sometimes magldr does copying of data with errors(lost data) in the "USB MassStg" mode, but you do not see these errors. Next you can see that the ROM installation was finished shortly. If it happens you should look into CWM log and you will see some errors of files extraction from archive. If you will copy this archive to sdcard again, but only by CWM or by other cardreader, you will not see these errors in CWM log. Therefore I recommend you to copy ROM zip to sdcard by CWM or by other cardreader.
- To get a CWM log you should do this:
a) Install the ROM
b) After the installation will be completed you should not reboot your phone! Go to "advanced" item of CWM menu.
c) Next select "Report Error" item. CWM will create the clockworkmod directory in root of sdcard.
d) Next copy the recovery.log file from the clockworkmod directory and attach this file to the thread. I will check it.
- The first loading(from the phone rebooting moment to appearance of the language choice screen) is long. Be patient, please.
- Please, setup only that you really need during the first boot. Desire ROM is syncing and configuring a lot of stuff during first boot if you have entered your google account. I recommend to setup all needed accounts after initial setup. And, please, let system sync and configure all stuff, next reboot your phone. After this work will be completed the ROM will be fast. I recommend:
a) disable the sync of accounts which are no needed for you, or change "Update schedule" of these accounts.
b) disable the "Back up my setting" for google account if it is no needed for you.
c) disable Automatic brightness and set Brightness to min value.
- Note, please, you can use CifsManager to mount cifs(samba(ms windows))/nfs network resources to your phone. This tool is available in the Market. It allows you to play music or watch movies from any shared resources which are available in your local network without copying this content to your phone. To use it your phone should be connected to local network by WiFi.

Currently I have 2Gb ext4 second partition on my Transcend 6-class sdcard. I can tell the system works properly and fast:

Performance:
Please, look at my video if you would like to see the performance of this ROM.

Download:
EFP v.2 HD2 Desire HD stock (last Gauner's kernel)

Kernels: (only if you would like to replace a kernel of your already installed ROM to other kernel)
Gauner's kernel with ext4
MDJ's 10.3 kernel
MDJ's 10.4OC kernel

Updates:
Desire HD stock toolbar
Desire HD custom toolbar with percent battery

How to install kernels, updates or fixs:
1. You should have already ClockworkMod(zImage and initrd.gz) on sdcard. If you use ROM-ZIP builds I think you have it already.
2. Copy the update.zip file from an update or a fixs archive to sdcard root.
3. Reboot your phone, hold Power button to access the magldr menu.
4. Next select the "Boot AD SD" item. ClockworkMod will be loaded and you will see ClockworkMod Recovery menu.
5. Select the "apply update from sdcard" item.
6. Select "Yes".
7. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to EFyodor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EFyodor Ad-Free

11th January 2011, 03:21 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 17

More
what working and not working ???
The Following User Says Thank You to mark0+1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark0+1 Ad-Free
11th January 2011, 03:36 AM |#3  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 90

More
It would be nice to have the readme of each build at least posted in the first post, so we don't have to download everything to see if we need it
I am always looking for a PURE/Stock Desire HD build, with no frils and no EXTRA apps, for a TMOUS HD2. But with no readme , i'll wait for someone first.

Greetings Santroph
11th January 2011, 03:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did it Include CM Mod setting?
11th January 2011, 03:48 AM |#5  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Ok, thats what I get for beeing unpacient, downloaded it, before even reading the thread hehehe
So it is what it says, only CWM versions of the sayd rom....
I don't need it synce I don;t use CWM, but, some people might like it. Thanks anyway.

Greetings Santroph.
11th January 2011, 03:48 AM |#6  
Flag the club
Thanks Meter: 138

More
is this ext 2 ,ext 3 ,ext 4 same?
11th January 2011, 03:57 AM |#7  
Flag Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,394

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santroph

Ok, thats what I get for beeing unpacient, downloaded it, before even reading the thread hehehe
So it is what it says, only CWM versions of the sayd rom....
I don't need it synce I don;t use CWM, but, some people might like it. Thanks anyway.

Greetings Santroph.

Wel he did say that in the very first line of his post

But Until I get some sort of details on the builds and whats in it and whats not, I'll download MDJ's and let it sit on my sd card, cause I found CWM yesterday, and personally love it, especially with being able to take most NAND roms and convert them to CWM makes it ideal.
The Following User Says Thank You to AngelDeath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngelDeath Ad-Free
11th January 2011, 07:03 AM |#8  
mumbai
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathara

is this ext 2 ,ext 3 ,ext 4 same?

check www.google.com
11th January 2011, 07:04 AM |#9  
mumbai
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDeath

Wel he did say that in the very first line of his post

But Until I get some sort of details on the builds and whats in it and whats not, I'll download MDJ's and let it sit on my sd card, cause I found CWM yesterday, and personally love it, especially with being able to take most NAND roms and convert them to CWM makes it ideal.

same here.. I also find CWM yest..
11th January 2011, 10:41 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
does anyone have problems with root on gauner's kernel ? titanium backup can't get root permissions on my phone
11th January 2011, 11:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
wtf? i can`t choose CWMREC directory...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)