FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need video chat / conference testers

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By reelportal, Senior Member on 11th January 2011, 07:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently published my ReelPortal video chat/conference software for Android 2.2 (using Adobe AIR 2.5) at the AppsLib market:

http://appslib.com/applications/app.html?ida=31520

I don't have a G Tablet, but would like to compile a list of devices that the app works on. So I'm looking for testers out there.

Please provide feedback if you try it. Thanks.

For more info on testing, please visit www.ReelPortal.com.

I just added another version reelportalX.apk (version 1.0.1). This version is working fine now. I suggest using it instead of the older one.

You must get Adobe AIR 2.5.1 from Android Market, or you can download the Adobe AIR SDK (http://www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk/), and get it in subdirectory runtimes\air\android\emulator, or runtimes\air\android\device. I found that Adobe doesn't allow posting the AIR apk on a website. Note: don't use the AIR link in post #6.

If you want to test chat with other folks around the world, please join the "xda" room (all lower case). Capacity is limited .

firewater2003:
Install Adobe Air 2.5.1 from here: http://download.pandaapp.com/?app=so...show&f_id=2291

Beware of TNT dashboard:
MoonPops: I kept getting the black screen while starting up ReelPortal in the TNT dashboard home, but it works fine in the Android Home Classic screen interface.

Firmwares that were confirmed to work:
Stock TNT 3588 (do NOT use TNT dashboard)
TnT 4.1.0
TNT lite 5.01
VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1
Attached Files
File Type: apk reelportalX.apk - [Click for QR Code] (99.4 KB, 1052 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to reelportal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reelportal Ad-Free

11th January 2011, 12:12 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
can not find adobe air in market... running tnt 3.1.2
11th January 2011, 12:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
when I launch reelportal app, it get a blank screen

I did find adobe air 2.5 and installed it from another source.
11th January 2011, 01:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
I installed Adobe Air and your. apk and everything installed fine. Web cam and interface came up and seems to work fine. Only problem is, I don't have anyone to chat with, so I don't know how well that works......lol.
11th January 2011, 01:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
worked between my Droid 1 and my Gtablet.
11th January 2011, 02:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insight3fl

I found an APK for Air here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6571754

I was going to try between my Gtab and emulator.

Air installs ok on my emulator, but reelportal.apk says "application did not install" ...

Jim
11th January 2011, 02:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insight3fl

Same experience here. Stock 3389 with performance pack. Grabbed Air from another XDA post (2.5.15320). It just comes up to a blank screen.

Can those who got it to work link the apk they located?
The Following User Says Thank You to tedlogan42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tedlogan42 Ad-Free
11th January 2011, 02:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelportal

I recently published my ReelPortal video chat/conference software for Android 2.2 (using Adobe AIR 2.5) at the AppsLib market.

I don't have a G Tablet, but would like to compile a list of devices that the app works on. So I'm looking for testers out there.

Please provide feedback if you try it. Thanks.

Enclosed is the apk file. For more info on testing, please visit the ReelPortal website.

Hi,

I found this:

http://reelportal.blogspot.com/

Is this your website?

If I'm understanding how this works (when it works), these chats go through your chat server, and the way that we would do one-to-one video chats would basically to "join" a chat on your chat server?

Thanks,
Jim
11th January 2011, 04:57 PM |#9  
Flag Bessemer City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Installed air and reelportal. Just a black screen for me too, running TnT lite 3.1.3
11th January 2011, 06:11 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
reelportal.com
Jim:

Yes, that's my "readme" page for my ReelPortal dot com site. Sorry I'm not allowed to post any links .

You are correct on the server. It routes the data from the clients to each other. However, the clients can also do peer-2-peer with each other (this is the default mode). When first started, the clients all connect to my server to sign on. The server checks for name conflict and room availability, and authorizes the session. If you are in a room, the server connects you to all the clients in the room automatically. Of course, you can call individual person if you know their name(nick). You can also disconnect from any client you want.

In p2p mode, all video/audio traffic goes directly from client to client(s). The server doesn't have to process it. If you select client/server mode, then the server receives your stream and distribute it to all subscribing clients. This lessen your uplink bandwidth if you have multiple subscribers.

The next version will allow you to specify your own server. And yes, you can run your own server on linux, windows, or macOS. And perhaps other platforms too, if you are inclined to do so. An older server version is currently available from my download page, but I will release the newer version in conjunction with the next client.
11th January 2011, 06:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

More
www.reelportal.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxs783kms

I installed Adobe Air and your. apk and everything installed fine. Web cam and interface came up and seems to work fine. Only problem is, I don't have anyone to chat with, so I don't know how well that works......lol.

To test, you can actually call yourself . Once connected, press button 7 (P2P), and select "Send to Server" mode. Then, press one of the "blue head" on the right, then press the ">" button on the dialog. A list will appear, and your nickname is the always the first one on the list. Click it, and you should see your own stream feeding back to you. Basically:

Your video ----> Server -----> Your device

Or if you have a computer, just run the web client on your computer, join the same room on both devices, or call the other's nick to establish connection. Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to reelportal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reelportal Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
video chat conference

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)