Updated first post with step by step for new Beta2 and DualTouch! +Quick howto for advanced users!
Updated second post with step by step for root and xRecovery!
Quick How-To for advanced users going from Beta1/Beta2 to Beta3:
Dont read this if you don´t know what you are doing! Follow the entire guide instead!
Backup Beta1/Beta2 in xRecovery Flash FreeX10-beta3.zip Flash gapps_1901_FreeX10.zip Boot into Beta3 and wait some time. Reboot to xRecovery Go to Advanced Restore in Backup and Restore Restore only "Data" from Beta1 or Beta2 Wipe Dalvik-Cache and reboot Done ;) For DualTouch see bellow!
If you can´t install Froyo by following this guide you should probably stick to official firmware.
What you need:
Sony Ericsson X10! Not working on: mini, mini pro or x8!!!
Official (or prerooted) firmware version 2.1. Or some custom 2.1+ rom.
xRecovery by zdzihu
Free X10 beta3 by zdzihu
What you do:
1. Make sure you have android 2.1+ on your X10.
2. Root your phone if it´s not rooted! See post 2 for How-To!
3. Install xRecovery if you don´t have it already. See post 2 for How-To
4. Copy following files to the root of your sdcard:
5. Reboot your phone and keep pressing the back button till you enter xRecovery.
6. Go to "Backup and restore" and make a backup of your current system.
7. Then select "Install custom zip" and browse for FreeX10-beta3.zip
8. Then again select "Install custom zip" and browse for gapps_1901_FreeX10.zip
9. Reboot your phone and wait for it to get signal after some automatic reboots!
10. If you are updating from Beta1 or Beta2 and want to restore your data then go to "Backup & Restore" in recovery, select "Advanced restore", Select your Beta1 or Beta2 backup and restore "DATA" only!
It´s not recommended to restore data from 2.1!
Enable DualTouch (Optional):
1. Download FlashTool
2. Download X10_1.0_Bin4ry_Dualtouch.ftf
3. Extract FlashTool on your computer
4. Copy X10_1.0_Bin4ry_Dualtouch.ftf into your Flashtool/firmwares folder
5. Turn off your Phone
6. Remove the battery for 5+ seconds
7. Insert battery but do NOT power on your phone
8. Start X10FlashTool.exe
9. Press "Connect", choose X10 and press "Ok"
10. Press and hold your back button on your phone.
11. Connect your phone to your computer (Still holding the back button)
12. Press "Ok" at flashtool prompt and release the back button
13. Press "Flash" in flashtool and select "Dualtouch"
14. Let it flash and your are done
15. Just boot your phone and enjoy DualTouch
How to update to latest hotfix:
If there is a new hotfix released you just have to apply the new hotfix, no need for reinstalling the whole rom.
1. Download latest hotfix
2. Put it in the root of your SDCard
3. Reboot your phone
4. Press back button untill you enter xRecovery
5. Select ""Install custom zip" and browse for the latest hotfix
6. Reboot your phone and you are done!
If you want to change your theme you can try one of this:
GreenGlow by XperiaX10iUser
Gbread by wesvista
GALAXY by EMPREX 2
BuuFm0d by th4r
X FX10 by SEMPITERNAL
Q: Do I have to wipe anything before installation?
A: No! When you install FreeX10 it will wipe your system, data and cache.
Q: Can i install Jit on this rom?
A: Jit is already activated in Froyo!
Q: Can I dualboot this with my official 2.1?
Q: Will Flash Player work with this rom?
Q: Does this include the latest baseband or does it use whatever version is on the x10?
A: It uses the version that is on the x10!
Feel free to help me improve this guide, just post here and I will update this post with all good tips!
All credits go to zdzihu and everyone involved.
If you want to buy zdzihu a beer click here
I just write the howto so don´t thank me, it´s not my work!