STABLE -- Wipe only requiered the first time.
I build GingerBread from AOSP (android 2.3.1/GRH55).
Then I came to an end because I don't have hardware skills in Android (Camera, WiFi, FM Radio)...
So I build what my ROM was missing from CyanogenMod, which includes: cm-kernel, some libs, Camera, large part of the framework etc.
I then kept my LeoParts to setup everything easily from an Interface similar to Settings.
So this ROM is android 2.3.2/GRH78.
Do note that my implementation of OldApp2SD is still work in progress.
I also spent too much time compiling/cooking and now want to spend more of my free time on LeoParts, Mods and Apps.
Thanks to Elegos for his RomUpdater!
Thanks to: CyanogenMod team (Cyanogen, Wysie, ctso, jeagoss, kmobs...), Enomther, chainsdd, paulobrien, clarksonator, Jr33, fitsnugly, lilHermit, britoso, Zaraki...
And thanks to all XDA Community!
- Build from AOSP: Android 2.3.2 / GingerBread / GRH78
- Stim toolkit + Terminal
- Additional languages (system + keyboard)
- cm-kernel 2.6.37
- Stock Launcher2
- busybox 1.18.0 (linked)
- Rooted (su + Superuser 18.104.22.168)
- Reboot options on power button (from eddieringle)
- LeoParts v8
- Video recording HQ
- FM radio
- ROM infos
- Quick commands
- User Interface
- Apps & Addons (built-in kitchen)
- Data storage (a2sd)
- Phone Mod: Trackball answer/hangup etc. from CyanogenMod
- Browser Mod: download any file type etc.
- Contacts Mod: with the dial button etc. from CyanogenMod
- DeskClock Mod: from CyanogenMod
- Lockscreen Mod: MusicControls, etc.
- Status bar Mod: battery percentage, H icon, headset icon etc.
- Messaging Mod: black background, back to all threads etc.
- Browser Mod: incognito, user agent etc.
- Network: supports adhoc, added OpenVPN (not tested yet)
- Old App2sd method (not DT's but mine)
- 180 rotation added (optional)
- Screen ON/OFF animations (both on by default)
- Clear notifications one-by-one by swiping (on by default)
- Custom number of recent apps (8 by default)
- Custom app by long pressing home
- App killer by long pressing back
- Trackball Wake (on by default)
- Trackball Unlock (off by default)
- Trackball Alert support (OpenSource framework)
- Quiet hours
- Disable or change Battery warning level
- GalaS power widget in status bar (and configurable)
- Custom hostname
- SIP not only over WiFi
- Overscroll effects
- FLAC support
- nano, bash, libncurses, htop etc.
- Battery percent on LockScreen
- Transparent notif. bar
- Album art on LockScreen
Check the FAQ in POST #2
Although I'm testing my rom, let's it be clear: Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk !!!
Do NOT download if you haven't read this post entirely.
You need FroYo's radio: 4.06 or above [only requiered once]
LeoGingerBread v0.9.7 AOSP/CM7 (no GApps)
- nanbackup [recommended]
- WIPE ALL (data + dalvik) + EXT
- update HBOOT [if not done yet] (flash in recovery as usual)
- update radio [if not done yet] (flash in recovery as usual)
- flash LeoGingerBread
- flash GingerBread Google Apps
- fix uid_missmatch in recovery
Thank you so much for donating !