FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7 Official Nightlies for Droid (RC4)

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By D8nkE, Senior Member on 11th January 2011, 09:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Official CM7 Nightly Builds - Gingerbread

Quote:

First off I want to say that I'm am not associated with Cyanogenmod in anyway. I merely created this thread because I did not see one like it here. To be clear, I did not write ANY of this code.

All credit to Cyanogenmod team and a huge thank you to gridlock32404 for his unofficial builds before the official nightlies are started.

I will try to keep this thread updated (maybe not EVERY day but as much as I can) as code is updated in preparation for Cyanogenmod 7. Please keep any discussions about the older nightlies in the other "CM Nightlies" topic. So with that, the current CM7 source build:
Quote:

Known Issues:
-Charging LED notifications

Works:
-WiFi
-GPS
-Bluetooth
-Accelerometer
-Camera/Camcorder
-Keyboard Lights
-Pretty much everything else

Installation:
Download ROM
Nightlies can be found Premium Section of ROM Manager
or at
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=n...&device=sholes

Download Gapps
Gapps can be downloaded with ROM when using ROM Manager
or at
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...Latest_Version

Flash files in recovery. Remember to nandroid.

Other Links
Change Log (Merged)
The Build Bot

YouTube video for beginners to install cm7 by tylerwatt12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGxTLaD2s2Q

I will still try to keep the list of known issues up to date with the nightlies so let me know if some bug is either fixed or appears as time goes on.

Rule of thumb: If you are having issues and haven't already, do a clean wipe. Please lets keep bug reports down to what is actually wrong and not issues caused by upgrading from stable, nightly, or and older source build to the newest source build.

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D8nkE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D8nkE Ad-Free

11th January 2011, 09:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
cant wait to try this out!
12th January 2011, 02:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
just saying, i read in a thread on CM forums that you need clockworkmod recovery 3. tried to install 2 different ones (including the unofficial official one that all the mods/well-known peeps at CM forums are running/developing) and kept getting bombarded by force closing upon startup. completely unusable. flashing new recovery now....hope that'll solve everything. also, the new rom supposedly has keyboard light and camera fixes. plus the cool screen on/off animation (i think the on part is custom).
12th January 2011, 04:40 AM |#4  
Flag Nuketown
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Question drop the g1 & on with a droid 1...
Well I see that the nightly has been posted for a while so ill test it out and post a review of the latest build. Cm usually never disappoints so this build should have some nice perks.
12th January 2011, 07:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
A couple of notes...

The CM nightlies that just restarted a couple days ago are still Froyo builds. There is speculation that they are testing things out and GB builds will come within the next week.

CrackFlashers Build #46 is running great. I still lose data after phone calls (and maybe texts too, need to test that). That is the biggest problem right now. I can deal with the small problems (wonky accelerometer, questionable GPU performance, camera FC's).
14th January 2011, 05:03 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any observations as to how this compares with JeffV2 's rom over at DF? Im trying to decide which one to try

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...gapps-154.html
The Following User Says Thank You to aeronauticsrock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aeronauticsrock Ad-Free
14th January 2011, 05:08 AM |#7  

More
this is a nightly, more like a pure build. but i slightly edit the source, probably nothing noticeable just by looking at it though.
14th January 2011, 05:14 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronauticsrock

Any observations as to how this compares with JeffV2 's rom over at DF? Im trying to decide which one to try

i also build google apps into my roms
14th January 2011, 06:05 PM |#9  
Flag Nuketown

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronauticsrock

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...gapps-154.html

I agree, the post over at DF.net says that the gingerbread rom has gingerapps included in the rom.zip and also it shows a temp fix for the keyboard backlight. Are there any comparisons
14th January 2011, 06:11 PM |#10  
Flag Nuketown

More
Ok I see there is no major diference. Its jus the small things that changed between the two rom builds
14th January 2011, 10:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm running #48 now, and it seems great but there are def some issues. The most notable one for me is the crappy market. It's old and has the same app missing problems as early froyo builds. Big misses include twitter and tweetdeck. Can I just flash any other gapps zip (like the CM one)? Or is there a different fix? Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)