FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Calendar draining Battery on SenseHD rom

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By maxupp, Senior Member on 12th January 2011, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey mates,
over the last weeks i noticed that my desire drained itself pretty quickly, even if ha didnt use it.
so i left it in over night and it told me this morning, that its calendar(!) had consumed 76% of the total power usage.
any idea what could be wrong? sync is set to 1h...
please help!

greetings, Max

13th January 2011, 09:15 AM |#2  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxupp

Hey mates,
over the last weeks i noticed that my desire drained itself pretty quickly, even if ha didnt use it.
so i left it in over night and it told me this morning, that its calendar(!) had consumed 76% of the total power usage.
please help!

greetings, Max

have you tried running "adb logcat"? I noticed the same issue on my desire and adb logcat showed the phone kept setting alarms in a sort of loop, maybe you have the same issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=10562384
13th January 2011, 09:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Hey mates,
please help!

greetings, Max

Max,

Are your running a DHD port on a desire?

I experienced a very similar issue. It has something to do with com.htc.bpg. Download "watchdog" lite from the market. If com.htc.bpg is your culprit the only way I know of getting rid of this problem is to DELETE the HTC Facebook application and HTC weather widget + respective widgets.

Let us know how you go.

cs
13th January 2011, 05:51 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
firstly thx for your answers!

i have been googling around and found, that it should be fixed by force closing the calendar app.
i havent tried logcat yet, because after forceclosing this hasnt acorred again. I'm gonna leave my phone on again tonight, lets see if its drained tomorrow.

@celestialspring: yes its a DHD prot rcmix HD v0.13 if i'm not mistaken. i'm not using the weather widget or the facebook app, so i cant really comment on that.

I will report in tomorrow
have a good night
13th January 2011, 11:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

firstly thx for your answers!
@celestialspring: yes its a DHD prot rcmix HD v0.13 if i'm not mistaken. i'm not using the weather widget or the facebook app, so i cant really comment on that.

It doesn't matter if you use them or not. If they are running in the background, they can cause problems.
18th January 2011, 04:25 PM |#6  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 21

More
It turned out it was the google contacts and events calendar that was keep setting alarms,a soon as I deleted it from the synced calendars the issue stopped.

(via Tapatalk)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)