I create the Desire Series together with freak, and also got a lot of help from many technical experts, so, please thank them as well if you like the build.
This thread is for discussing the SD builds only.
All the releases, Please check: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=962600.
Please discuss the SD builds at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11#post9979611
Before flash or install new builds:
1. DON'T expect it will work out of box.
2. DON'T expect it will be as light and fast as Gingerbread.
3. DON'T expect that some legacy problem will disappear
4. Reboot your phone at lease twice after flashing or installing, after 1st boot into setting screen, long press the right button to recall the boot menu, reboot. Can not use /Update_DL method to install app before 3rd reboot.
5. For this version, due to the base has been changed throughly, can not use previous data.img or ext4, remove existing data.img and set data_img=1 to let system generate one for you, or set format_ext4=1 to format your ext4 if you are using ext4
6. DON'T set any config for 1st installation except data_img=1(for data.img) or format_ext4=1(for ext4 user). if your have tmous phone, no need the config.txt.
7. For SD or magldr, if 1st installation failed, must delete the system.ext2 file under /Desire_DL to let system convert it again.
8. Use Windows notepad create a file named config.txt, save it under /Desire_DL, only need to put the necessary config inside it, say:
Important Release Note
This build is another endeavor by freak and me to improve the performance of our build, now, besides our existing optimization methods: squashfs, ext4, etc, this build has been added in the following features to improve it performance furthermore:
1. Re-Engineering Sense:
All the apps and framework were re-compiled and reduced the size to get the lowest RAM consuming and Highest performance.
2. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD into one.
Merged the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.
by default, one 16M RAMfs will be created for app and market cache.
once set ram_data=1, additional 1 RAMfs will be created for most accessed dalvik cache.
4. Re-write the SuperInit
fixed a lot of bugs inside and optimize it again, once set ram_data=1, the boot time should be within 1min, in next version, the boot time will be reduced again.
5. Added a lot of usable functions into SuperInit
- extend the backup/restore to be able to backup &restore to different build.s
- added more repair_mode, to be able to repair the nand system and reset the system.
6. Use own kernel Source: http://www.linux4freak.com/gitweb
- freak kernel v1.2 to perfect fit our builds.
--hence, 2 parameters were added to best control the kernel
---vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
---sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"
I dare to say, the performance of this build is unbeatable.
New Features for SuperInit v4.4
-- Buildin with IMG/EXT4/RAM support
--- by default will create a 16M RAMfs and use it as app_cache and cache.
--- once set the ram_data=1, will move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM
--- to roll back to normal status, use the ram_data=11
-- Optimize the nand_data, which will also be able to move the dalvik-cache of framwork into Nand.
-- add new backup_img=2 to back apps from data, which is used for changing the build, the backup_img=1 will back up the whole data, once restore to a new base, will incur the UID inconsistent issue. should use restore_img=2 to restore.
-- add more function for repair_mode
-- repair_mode=1 will rescue the data partition.
-- repair_mode=2 can use the MAGLDR load system to repair the Nand system and mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue
-- repair_mode=3 will reset the system, all the modified app, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin without losing data and settings.
-- Auto detect the phone modal(EU or TMOUS)
--- for EU modal, will auto enable the data.img if the 2nd partition can not be found.
--- for TMOUS, if doesn't have 2nd partition and set the data_img=1, will auto bypass all the relative code to reduce the boot time.
-- Auto detect the boot mode and set the best config (SD/MAGLDR/NAND)
-- Auto partitioning the SDCard if set the format_ext4=9
DL Desire v184.108.40.206
Light themed with power notification and battery percentage.
DL Desire v220.127.116.11
Themed with he_stheone64.
How to ask for help:
1. First, make sure you ask at the proper place, this thread is only for ask the question related to the NAND, please ask questions related to SD or MAGLDR at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=881937
2. Please indicate the following information when asking for help:
a. your phone modal: EU or TMOUS modal.
b. your loading mode: NAND, SD or MAGLDR
c. Please post the content of init.log(this file is on the root of your sdcard).
3. Please be patient and polite.
4. We(myself and freak) will only answer question that follows the above rules, thanks!!!
1. the 1st digit is for the build base, say DesireZ v4.xxx, is for the v4.0 base which based on the HTC RUU 1.85.
2. the 2nd field is for the subversion, normally, x.0 means the first relase which should based on a totally new base, and from x.0 till x.3, there will be a lot fix and testing, if you want a stable version, DON'T use it, and the build will be stabilized after x.4.
3. the 3rd field is for the init version, currently, our init is at v42, which is also not a stable version.
4. the 4th field will be used for the kernel, currently, freak is working on it, and will have the 1st kernel soon.