[8 Mar][DL Desire v4.32][Sense Re-Engineering with RAM][Always FASTER][kernel:freak]

Search This thread

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
snap20110226225607.png
snap20110228132836.png
snap20110227234404.png
snap20110228134506.png

V4.31.44.12

35004728.jpg

80017781.jpg
v4.32.44.12 applied with theme from he_stheone64.

Important note:

I create the Desire Series together with freak, and also got a lot of help from many technical experts, so, please thank them as well if you like the build.

This thread is for discussing the SD builds only.

All the releases, Please check: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962600.

Please discuss the SD builds at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9979611#post9979611

Before flash or install new builds:

1. DON'T expect it will work out of box.
2. DON'T expect it will be as light and fast as Gingerbread.
3. DON'T expect that some legacy problem will disappear
4. Reboot your phone at lease twice after flashing or installing, after 1st boot into setting screen, long press the right button to recall the boot menu, reboot. Can not use /Update_DL method to install app before 3rd reboot.
5. For this version, due to the base has been changed throughly, can not use previous data.img or ext4, remove existing data.img and set data_img=1 to let system generate one for you, or set format_ext4=1 to format your ext4 if you are using ext4
6. DON'T set any config for 1st installation except data_img=1(for data.img) or format_ext4=1(for ext4 user). if your have tmous phone, no need the config.txt.
7. For SD or magldr, if 1st installation failed, must delete the system.ext2 file under /Desire_DL to let system convert it again.
8. Use Windows notepad create a file named config.txt, save it under /Desire_DL, only need to put the necessary config inside it, say:
data_img=1.

Important Release Note
This build is another endeavor by freak and me to improve the performance of our build, now, besides our existing optimization methods: squashfs, ext4, etc, this build has been added in the following features to improve it performance furthermore:

1. Re-Engineering Sense:
All the apps and framework were re-compiled and reduced the size to get the lowest RAM consuming and Highest performance.

2. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD into one.
Merged the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.

3. RAMfs
by default, one 16M RAMfs will be created for app and market cache.
once set ram_data=1, additional 1 RAMfs will be created for most accessed dalvik cache.

4. Re-write the SuperInit
fixed a lot of bugs inside and optimize it again, once set ram_data=1, the boot time should be within 1min, in next version, the boot time will be reduced again.

5. Added a lot of usable functions into SuperInit
- extend the backup/restore to be able to backup &restore to different build.s
- added more repair_mode, to be able to repair the nand system and reset the system.

6. Use own kernel Source: http://www.linux4freak.com/gitweb
- freak kernel v1.2 to perfect fit our builds.
--hence, 2 parameters were added to best control the kernel
---vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
---sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

I dare to say, the performance of this build is unbeatable.

New Features for SuperInit v4.4

-- Buildin with IMG/EXT4/RAM support
--- by default will create a 16M RAMfs and use it as app_cache and cache.
--- once set the ram_data=1, will move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM
--- to roll back to normal status, use the ram_data=11
-- Optimize the nand_data, which will also be able to move the dalvik-cache of framwork into Nand.
-- add new backup_img=2 to back apps from data, which is used for changing the build, the backup_img=1 will back up the whole data, once restore to a new base, will incur the UID inconsistent issue. should use restore_img=2 to restore.
-- add more function for repair_mode
-- repair_mode=1 will rescue the data partition.
-- repair_mode=2 can use the MAGLDR load system to repair the Nand system and mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue
-- repair_mode=3 will reset the system, all the modified app, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin without losing data and settings.

-- Auto detect the phone modal(EU or TMOUS)
--- for EU modal, will auto enable the data.img if the 2nd partition can not be found.
--- for TMOUS, if doesn't have 2nd partition and set the data_img=1, will auto bypass all the relative code to reduce the boot time.

-- Auto detect the boot mode and set the best config (SD/MAGLDR/NAND)
-- Auto partitioning the SDCard if set the format_ext4=9

DOWNLOAD

DL Desire v4.31.44.12
Light themed with power notification and battery percentage.

DL Desire v4.32.44.12
Themed with he_stheone64.

How to ask for help:

1. First, make sure you ask at the proper place, this thread is only for ask the question related to the NAND, please ask questions related to SD or MAGLDR at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881937

2. Please indicate the following information when asking for help:
a. your phone modal: EU or TMOUS modal.
b. your loading mode: NAND, SD or MAGLDR
c. Please post the content of init.log(this file is on the root of your sdcard).

3. Please be patient and polite.

4. We(myself and freak) will only answer question that follows the above rules, thanks!!!

Naming convention

1. the 1st digit is for the build base, say DesireZ v4.xxx, is for the v4.0 base which based on the HTC RUU 1.85.
2. the 2nd field is for the subversion, normally, x.0 means the first relase which should based on a totally new base, and from x.0 till x.3, there will be a lot fix and testing, if you want a stable version, DON'T use it, and the build will be stabilized after x.4.
3. the 3rd field is for the init version, currently, our init is at v42, which is also not a stable version.
4. the 4th field will be used for the kernel, currently, freak is working on it, and will have the 1st kernel soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
Bugfix & Enhancement

Bugfix & Enhancement (7 Mar 2011)

PLEASE don't PM me asking for help, you can always post in my SD or nand thread and there are a lot of people willing to help you more promptly.
I can't reply so many PMs everyday, sorry !

- Upgrade to v4.32.45.13 and v4.31.45.13
changelog:
--- bugfixes initrd
--- bugfixes init, removed some debug info
--- modified vdd_mode: now, if the value for undervolting is "more" than -50, only frequency below 576000 are reduced by this value, others only -50.
--- new kernel v1.3 (only change is aufs support inside kernel, this is for testing Jim's Squashfs Cache idea late.)
--- mobile/wifi data.

- - all the stock framework-res.apk:1.72, 1.83, 1.84, 1.85.

- How to change wifi mac address by Terabite7

- Install EVO Keyboard from ehsan76

- More kernel update package

- full Arabic support by jaguaralani and
this

- Optional update for full Arabic support View attachment update.newfeature.Arabic.zip (for both SD&Nand version)
Cautioin: you will lost the boot animation after this update.

- Compulsory update to v2.3 for v2.2 to extend the config.txt and enable Force using the ext4.
View attachment back.update.ext4.1501201103.zip (for both Nand version only)
you need to extract the DLZUPDATE to the root your of SDCARD, and have attached the .data folder with a pre-made config.txt. the data_img and data_ext can not be activated(set to 1) at the same time.
Reboot your mobile twice to activate the data2ext4, after that, you can put your app under /DLZUPDATE/AndroidApps/, to automatically install the app into ext4.

Attachments

• update.animation.2010122901.zip
    506 KB · Views: 1,549
  • install.enhencement.1501201101.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,296
  • install.stockframework.1501201102.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,243
  • install.fm.1301201101.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,840
  • bugfix.nand.2701201101.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,273
  • FDHttpd.apk
    328.7 KB · Views: 1,628
Last edited:

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
Q&A

1. why cannot I get as high score as freak on v3.3
PLEASE read here

2. about ext2/ext3/ext4: (ownhere)

I will provide the feature for format the partition2 to ext4 with block size of 4096 in next update.

3. what's the recommended config for data to sd(data.img)
A:

4. what's the recommended config for data to ext4.
A.
Note1. for 1st installation or if encounter ext4 performance issue, please set the format_ext4=1, it will take some time to format the 2nd partition, after booting into system, please manually change the format_ext4 to 0, otherwise, system will format the ext4 every time when reboot. After re-formatting , lot problems related to ext4 will be eliminated.

Note2. the "nand_data" is for making use of the nand data partition, if your SD card is fast enough, no need to use it. for 1st installation, it is always necessary to set it to 0, after that, you can try to set it to 1 to check. (nand data partition will be mounted to /system/data_internal)

Note3. once set the sd_boost to 1, for ext4, it will be mounted to loop driver without journal, should improve some performance, but may not so stable, you can try.

5. How to enable ClockworkMod .
Thanks nightcraw, please check.

6. Can you make RAM, DHD or Android 2.3 builds .
NO.
1) I don't have time, making current builds perfect already occupied all my free time.
2) There are already enough choices, why bother.
3) My principle is : I will not touch it unless I can make it special, outstanding, and perfect.:D

7. Can you make a unsquashfs build .
Why?
1) squashfs can save a lot of space.
2) it can also improve the performance(read less from low speed sdcard and restore it using high speed CPU )
3) key system files are protected from being malicious modified.
4) you don't lose any flexibility of customize the system as much as you want, by just deleting the existing file and replace with you own file.

8. can I upgrade to v2.4 from v2.2 or v2.3 without losing my data.
upgrading from v2.2 to v2.3 is possible which I have provided the update package.
upgrading to v2.4 directly is no so straightforward, thus, suggest you flash the v2.4 instead, the data on ext4 should be kept, but it is always advised to format the ext4 using the format_ext4 parameter before installation, after that, you can put all your apps apk to the folder of /DLZUPDATE/AndroidApps, it will be automatically installed to the ext4 or data.img. Fast and clean. :D

Last edited:

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
How to install config the v3 based builds.

How to config SuperInit v4.4(advance user)
the config.txt is now under Desire_DL folder, Normall, no need to config it, system can auto-detect the status and set the config correctly.

You can use windows Notepad to create a text file and save it as config.txt to /Desire_DL, or just refer to this sample View attachment config.txt

The below config are for advanced user only.

For Nand:
=================
format_ext4=1 //will format the 2nd partition with ext4 (recommended for 1st install, if you have 2nd partition, it must be 1 for 1st time installation.)
format_ext4=9 //which will auto-partition your SDCard to 3 partitions, and auto-format to ext4.
// the 2nd partition is for data partition which size is according to the data_size, default is 512M.
//the 3rd partition is for system optimization, system will auto-create it.

swap_mode=1 //will create a vfat swap file to improve the system performance if don't have 3rd partition.
swap_mode=2 //will move the about 160M squashed.sqsh file from system to data partition to release the system space.
but you must manually delete the squashed.sqsh file under /system, and keep the swap_mode unchanged.
swap_mode=3 //will create some cache space in nand part, if encounter the slow response during market download and install, can choose this.

nand_data=1 // will make use of the nand parition to optimize the system performance.

For Nand&SD
=================
ram_data=1 //move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM, it can improve the system performance a lot
ram_data=11 //roll back to normal status

ram_data=0 //by default, system will create a 16M RAMfs to optimize the performance, can use this to disable it.
ram_size=xxx //by default, system will create a 16M RAMfs to optimize the performance, can use this to change the size.
sd_boost=1 //may improve the SD performnace for both data.img and 2nd partition, it is very much depend on the SD situation.

vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

Other config:
=================
data_size=xxx //when create data.img or 2nd partition, will use the size of xxxM.
gps_zone=xxx // your gps zone country code.
ppp_mode= 0 //will be RMNET mode, 1 for PPP. normally, no need to config it, system will auto set it.

backup_img=1 //will back the data part to backup.gz file under /Desire_DL
restore_img=1 //will restore the data part from backup.gz
backup_img=2 //will back the app from /data to backupapp.gz file under /Desire_DL
restore_img=2 //will restore the data part from backupapp.gz
This is used for restore the app to another build.

repair_mode=1 //will rescue the data partition without losing any app or settings.
repair_mode=2 //will use the MAGLDR load system and repair the Nand system, after that mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue for further action.
repair_mode=3 //will reset the system, all the modified app in system, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin status without losing data and settings.

Last edited:

dandiest

May 2, 2007
Singapore
How to play with V3.3 final.

there are a lot of possible combinations to play with this rom, most cool part is that you can boot it from Nand, Magldr or SD with the same data.img or ext4 partition, you cannot even differentiate where it is from after booting into the system. :D

for performance, there are also a lot of combinations to try, I have ever tested some as below, others, need somebody provide the figure.

0. Load from Nand:
1. Load from Nand, ext4: 1860
2. Load from Nand , ext4, with sd_boost: 1180
3. Load from Nand, data.img:
4. Load from Nand, data.img, with sd_boost:

5. Load from Nand with Squashed from data partition(swap_mode=2):
6. Load from Nand with 3rd swap partition:
7. Load from Nand with a VFAT swap file(swap_mode=1):
of course, 5,6,7 can also mix with ext4 or data.img and sd_boost.

8. Load from Magldr, ext4: 1960
9. Load from Magldr, data.image: 2100
10. Load from Magldr, datat.image, sd_boot: 1580

11. Load from SD, ext4:
12. Load from SD, ext4, sd_boost:
13. Load from SD, data.img:
14. Load from SD, data.img, sd_boost:

The sd_boost seems need to do some adjustment as I put all the focus on the normal configuration before.

Last edited:

bigfoots1

Nov 11, 2010
please make it so u can use root uninstaller to remove system apps like u can with mdj cyanogen.
Thank you

Reactions: wolfmania

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
TMOUS Installation...

Welcome to the world of NAND :)

Please also suggest how to install it on TMOUS HD2 without using the SD Card at all.

Thanks in advance :)

Ehsan

kendav911

Dec 15, 2006
Atlanta
Dandiest, Glad to see you on the NAND threads sorry for the how. I will request my thread me removed since you are over here now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    snap20110226225607.png
    snap20110228132836.png
    snap20110227234404.png
    snap20110228134506.png

V4.31.44.12

35004728.jpg

80017781.jpg
    v4.32.44.12 applied with theme from he_stheone64.

Important note:

I create the Desire Series together with freak, and also got a lot of help from many technical experts, so, please thank them as well if you like the build.

This thread is for discussing the SD builds only.

All the releases, Please check: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962600.

Please discuss the SD builds at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9979611#post9979611

Before flash or install new builds:

1. DON'T expect it will work out of box.
    2. DON'T expect it will be as light and fast as Gingerbread.
    3. DON'T expect that some legacy problem will disappear
    4. Reboot your phone at lease twice after flashing or installing, after 1st boot into setting screen, long press the right button to recall the boot menu, reboot. Can not use /Update_DL method to install app before 3rd reboot.
    5. For this version, due to the base has been changed throughly, can not use previous data.img or ext4, remove existing data.img and set data_img=1 to let system generate one for you, or set format_ext4=1 to format your ext4 if you are using ext4
    6. DON'T set any config for 1st installation except data_img=1(for data.img) or format_ext4=1(for ext4 user). if your have tmous phone, no need the config.txt.
    7. For SD or magldr, if 1st installation failed, must delete the system.ext2 file under /Desire_DL to let system convert it again.
    8. Use Windows notepad create a file named config.txt, save it under /Desire_DL, only need to put the necessary config inside it, say:
    data_img=1.

Important Release Note
    This build is another endeavor by freak and me to improve the performance of our build, now, besides our existing optimization methods: squashfs, ext4, etc, this build has been added in the following features to improve it performance furthermore:

1. Re-Engineering Sense:
    All the apps and framework were re-compiled and reduced the size to get the lowest RAM consuming and Highest performance.

2. Merged DesireZ and DesireHD into one.
    Merged the advantage features from both DesireZ and DesireHD into one build.

3. RAMfs
    by default, one 16M RAMfs will be created for app and market cache.
    once set ram_data=1, additional 1 RAMfs will be created for most accessed dalvik cache.

4. Re-write the SuperInit
    fixed a lot of bugs inside and optimize it again, once set ram_data=1, the boot time should be within 1min, in next version, the boot time will be reduced again.

5. Added a lot of usable functions into SuperInit
    - extend the backup/restore to be able to backup &restore to different build.s
    - added more repair_mode, to be able to repair the nand system and reset the system.

6. Use own kernel Source: http://www.linux4freak.com/gitweb
    - freak kernel v1.2 to perfect fit our builds.
    --hence, 2 parameters were added to best control the kernel
    ---vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
    ---sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

I dare to say, the performance of this build is unbeatable.

New Features for SuperInit v4.4

-- Buildin with IMG/EXT4/RAM support
    --- by default will create a 16M RAMfs and use it as app_cache and cache.
    --- once set the ram_data=1, will move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM
    --- to roll back to normal status, use the ram_data=11
    -- Optimize the nand_data, which will also be able to move the dalvik-cache of framwork into Nand.
    -- add new backup_img=2 to back apps from data, which is used for changing the build, the backup_img=1 will back up the whole data, once restore to a new base, will incur the UID inconsistent issue. should use restore_img=2 to restore.
    -- add more function for repair_mode
    -- repair_mode=1 will rescue the data partition.
    -- repair_mode=2 can use the MAGLDR load system to repair the Nand system and mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue
    -- repair_mode=3 will reset the system, all the modified app, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin without losing data and settings.

-- Auto detect the phone modal(EU or TMOUS)
    --- for EU modal, will auto enable the data.img if the 2nd partition can not be found.
    --- for TMOUS, if doesn't have 2nd partition and set the data_img=1, will auto bypass all the relative code to reduce the boot time.

-- Auto detect the boot mode and set the best config (SD/MAGLDR/NAND)
    -- Auto partitioning the SDCard if set the format_ext4=9

DOWNLOAD

DL Desire v4.31.44.12
    Light themed with power notification and battery percentage.

DL Desire v4.32.44.12
    Themed with he_stheone64.

How to ask for help:

1. First, make sure you ask at the proper place, this thread is only for ask the question related to the NAND, please ask questions related to SD or MAGLDR at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881937

2. Please indicate the following information when asking for help:
    a. your phone modal: EU or TMOUS modal.
    b. your loading mode: NAND, SD or MAGLDR
    c. Please post the content of init.log(this file is on the root of your sdcard).

3. Please be patient and polite.

4. We(myself and freak) will only answer question that follows the above rules, thanks!!!

Naming convention

1. the 1st digit is for the build base, say DesireZ v4.xxx, is for the v4.0 base which based on the HTC RUU 1.85.
    2. the 2nd field is for the subversion, normally, x.0 means the first relase which should based on a totally new base, and from x.0 till x.3, there will be a lot fix and testing, if you want a stable version, DON'T use it, and the build will be stabilized after x.4.
    3. the 3rd field is for the init version, currently, our init is at v42, which is also not a stable version.
    4. the 4th field will be used for the kernel, currently, freak is working on it, and will have the 1st kernel soon.
    How to install config the v3 based builds.

How to config SuperInit v4.4(advance user)
    the config.txt is now under Desire_DL folder, Normall, no need to config it, system can auto-detect the status and set the config correctly.

You can use windows Notepad to create a text file and save it as config.txt to /Desire_DL, or just refer to this sample View attachment config.txt

The below config are for advanced user only.

For Nand:
    =================
    format_ext4=1 //will format the 2nd partition with ext4 (recommended for 1st install, if you have 2nd partition, it must be 1 for 1st time installation.)
    format_ext4=9 //which will auto-partition your SDCard to 3 partitions, and auto-format to ext4.
    // the 2nd partition is for data partition which size is according to the data_size, default is 512M.
    //the 3rd partition is for system optimization, system will auto-create it.

swap_mode=1 //will create a vfat swap file to improve the system performance if don't have 3rd partition.
    swap_mode=2 //will move the about 160M squashed.sqsh file from system to data partition to release the system space.
    but you must manually delete the squashed.sqsh file under /system, and keep the swap_mode unchanged.
    swap_mode=3 //will create some cache space in nand part, if encounter the slow response during market download and install, can choose this.

nand_data=1 // will make use of the nand parition to optimize the system performance.

For Nand&SD
    =================
    ram_data=1 //move the dalvik-cache of framwork into RAM, it can improve the system performance a lot
    ram_data=11 //roll back to normal status

ram_data=0 //by default, system will create a 16M RAMfs to optimize the performance, can use this to disable it.
    ram_size=xxx //by default, system will create a 16M RAMfs to optimize the performance, can use this to change the size.
    sd_boost=1 //may improve the SD performnace for both data.img and 2nd partition, it is very much depend on the SD situation.

vdd_mode= xxx //for under/over volting cpu, [-150,-125,-100,-75,-50,-25,+25,+50]
    sched_mode= xxx // "cfq" or "bfq"

Other config:
    =================
    data_size=xxx //when create data.img or 2nd partition, will use the size of xxxM.
    gps_zone=xxx // your gps zone country code.
    ppp_mode= 0 //will be RMNET mode, 1 for PPP. normally, no need to config it, system will auto set it.

backup_img=1 //will back the data part to backup.gz file under /Desire_DL
    restore_img=1 //will restore the data part from backup.gz
    backup_img=2 //will back the app from /data to backupapp.gz file under /Desire_DL
    restore_img=2 //will restore the data part from backupapp.gz
    This is used for restore the app to another build.

repair_mode=1 //will rescue the data partition without losing any app or settings.
    repair_mode=2 //will use the MAGLDR load system and repair the Nand system, after that mount the Nand system to /mnt/rescue for further action.
    repair_mode=3 //will reset the system, all the modified app in system, framework, lib, fonts that caused the issue will be removed, system will be reset to the origin status without losing data and settings.
    Bugfix & Enhancement

Bugfix & Enhancement (7 Mar 2011)

PLEASE don't PM me asking for help, you can always post in my SD or nand thread and there are a lot of people willing to help you more promptly.
    I can't reply so many PMs everyday, sorry !

- Upgrade to v4.32.45.13 and v4.31.45.13
    changelog:
    --- bugfixes initrd
    --- bugfixes init, removed some debug info
    --- modified vdd_mode: now, if the value for undervolting is "more" than -50, only frequency below 576000 are reduced by this value, others only -50.
    --- new kernel v1.3 (only change is aufs support inside kernel, this is for testing Jim's Squashfs Cache idea late.)
    --- mobile/wifi data.

- - all the stock framework-res.apk:1.72, 1.83, 1.84, 1.85.

- How to change wifi mac address by Terabite7

- Install EVO Keyboard from ehsan76

- More kernel update package

- full Arabic support by jaguaralani and
    this

- Optional update for full Arabic support View attachment update.newfeature.Arabic.zip (for both SD&Nand version)
    Cautioin: you will lost the boot animation after this update.

- Compulsory update to v2.3 for v2.2 to extend the config.txt and enable Force using the ext4.
    View attachment back.update.ext4.1501201103.zip (for both Nand version only)
    you need to extract the DLZUPDATE to the root your of SDCARD, and have attached the .data folder with a pre-made config.txt. the data_img and data_ext can not be activated(set to 1) at the same time.
    Reboot your mobile twice to activate the data2ext4, after that, you can put your app under /DLZUPDATE/AndroidApps/, to automatically install the app into ext4.
    \
    guys i think we need a step by step how to partition + config guide as alot of people like my self dont quiet understand :(

Ok here it goes - this guide describes the way I do it to install the NAND+3partitions variation.

1) Download v3.3 and extract it on your desktop
    2) Download Panasonic SD Formatter and GPARTED Live CD ISO (google)
    3) Shut down your HD2 and remove the SDCard - place the SDCard in a card reader and BACKUP your files (photos etc).
    4) Format the SDCard in your laptop or PC using the Panasonic SD Formatter (Full Format)
    5) Boot GParted Live CD and choose the SDCard from the drop down menu
    6) Resize the FAT32 partition (Original Size minus [-] 1536MiB) and set the new 1536Mib partition to Primary and ext4
    7) Resize this new partition again and leave 512MiB for 2nd ext4 so now you have one ext4 with 1024MiB and one ext4 with 512MiB space.
    8) Apply

At this point your SDcard has 3 partitions FAT32, ext4 1024MiB, and ext4 512MiB - EXIT Gparted and boot into Windows again.

9) Go to your desktop where you extracted the rom and open config.txt
    10) Change gps_zone to your country's zone (=gr for Greece) - leave the rest of the settings intact for NAND+3partitions SDcard variation of this rom - save file.
    11) Before you remove the SDcard from your laptop or PC make a folder Desire_DL and copy in there ONLY the config file you just saved.
    12) Safely remove the SDCard and place it in your HD2.
    13) Turn on HD2 and hold power key to get into MAGLDR 1.11
    14) Choose USB Flasher and press phone key
    15) Connect your HD2 to your computer
    16) Go to your desktop and from the rom folder you extracted run Install.
    17) Wait
    18) Wait
    19) Wait
    20) Now that HD2 has booted do the basic settings and REBOOT again. DO NOT INSTALL APPS etc etc at this point
    21) Now that you have rebooted for 2nd time you can do whatever you want - maybe do a 3rd reboot to see that everything is stable

NOTE: When the rom boots wait for a while before using the phone until various system services load in the background after the SD card is prepared... wait 30-40 seconds

hope this helps...
    How to play with V3.3 final.

there are a lot of possible combinations to play with this rom, most cool part is that you can boot it from Nand, Magldr or SD with the same data.img or ext4 partition, you cannot even differentiate where it is from after booting into the system. :D

for performance, there are also a lot of combinations to try, I have ever tested some as below, others, need somebody provide the figure.

0. Load from Nand:
    1. Load from Nand, ext4: 1860
    2. Load from Nand , ext4, with sd_boost: 1180
    3. Load from Nand, data.img:
    4. Load from Nand, data.img, with sd_boost:

5. Load from Nand with Squashed from data partition(swap_mode=2):
    6. Load from Nand with 3rd swap partition:
    7. Load from Nand with a VFAT swap file(swap_mode=1):
    of course, 5,6,7 can also mix with ext4 or data.img and sd_boost.

8. Load from Magldr, ext4: 1960
    9. Load from Magldr, data.image: 2100
    10. Load from Magldr, datat.image, sd_boot: 1580

11. Load from SD, ext4:
    12. Load from SD, ext4, sd_boost:
    13. Load from SD, data.img:
    14. Load from SD, data.img, sd_boost:

The sd_boost seems need to do some adjustment as I put all the focus on the normal configuration before.