FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which type of memory chip?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ruslan88, Junior Member on 16th January 2011, 06:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I bought this phone last week and I absolutely love it. I've been searching the forums and can't wait to upgrade Android and install apps. This is my first android phone and I like how it can be customized. Before I do anything, I want to purchase a memory chip for the phone. I want to install and run apps from the chip but unsure of which to get. What size, brand, and class do you recommend? I have a 8gb class 2 from my old phone. Is that good enough? I'm thinking about getting either a 16-32 gb. Thanks.

16th January 2011, 07:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I have a 8GB Sandisk Class2 for ~12€ from eBay. Works perfectly, even with Apps2SD.
18th April 2011, 11:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I think a memory card class 4 or higher is reasonable!
19th April 2011, 07:57 AM |#4  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 416

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan88

Hello. I bought this phone last week and I absolutely love it. I've been searching the forums and can't wait to upgrade Android and install apps. This is my first android phone and I like how it can be customized. Before I do anything, I want to purchase a memory chip for the phone. I want to install and run apps from the chip but unsure of which to get. What size, brand, and class do you recommend? I have a 8gb class 2 from my old phone. Is that good enough? I'm thinking about getting either a 16-32 gb. Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=10
19th April 2011, 09:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm using a 16 GB Class 6 (14 GB free memory and 700 MB for Link2SD).
I bought a Class 6 because i heard that there might be some problems with Link2SD/App2SD and Classes less than 6...
I haven't any problems with it -> Ebay 40 €
24th April 2011, 08:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
If you are going to install a custom ROM then I would be careful about using a 32Gb card as I have heard of people having problems with them. As vqt907 has said, I would go for at least a class 4 card.
26th April 2011, 08:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
I have a Kingston 8GB Class 2.
Works very fast, also with app2sd.
29th April 2011, 08:17 PM |#8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

More
16 gig speed 6, with two adapters USB and normal memory card size for 25 pounds from Amazon....works well....d

MY ANDROIDSKY
29th April 2011, 08:18 PM |#9  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Ps get sd speed increase from market it's a must.....d

MY ANDROIDSKY
24th May 2011, 11:21 AM |#10  
Flag Xian, China (陕西,西安)
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I was considering upgrading my SD card from a class 4 to a class 10, for the speed improvement. So, I first tested my card to see what it's current speed was.

My card is an LD ( class4 8GB, bought off the street in China:
Write: 11.7 MB/s
Read: 18.0 MB/s

If my understanding of speed class correctly, this is class10 speed, not class4.

So I tested my Chinese "Kingston" - mostly likely a "ghost shift" chip, also class4 8GB:
Write 7.1 MB/s
Read 14.7 MB/s

This is class6 speed, not class4.

So, if you buy counterfeit chips in China (or online from China), you can get a class10 chip for very cheap, I paid $13 for my 8GB card. Just test the speed before you buy.

So check the speed of your card before you buy a new one.
24th May 2011, 01:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typci

...So, if you buy counterfeit chips in China (or online from China), you can get a class10 chip for very cheap, I paid $13 for my 8GB card. Just test the speed before you buy.

So check the speed of your card before you buy a new one.

... and check out if there is the right memory on the chip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)