(based on excellent http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_Boot_Images )
I included compiled tools mkbootfs , mkbootimg and perl scripts unpack-bootimg.pl and repack-bootimg.pl.
Repack-bootimg.pl is edited and the needed parameters for our folio are included ([email protected] [email protected] vmalloc=192M video=tegrafb console=ttyS0,115200n8 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 tegraboot=sdmmc tegrapart=recovery:122000:a00:800,linux:a0e00:1000 :800,loader:300:400:800,mbr:700:200:800,system:900 :20000:800,cache:20900:80000:800,misc:a0900:400:80 0,userdata:a1f00:80000:800 boardtype=PR)
1) unpack attachement mytools.tgz into your home, in your home the folder ~/mytools is created:
tar -xzf mytools.tgz
2) copy existing boot.img into ~/mytools (from foliomod update.zip)
3) ./unpack-bootimg.pl boot.img
- old kernel from boot.img is extracted: boot.img-kernel.gz
- content of contained ramdisk is extracted in folder: boot-img.ramdisk
4) copy new compiled kernel (zImage) into ~/mytools (from <source>/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage , you have to compile yourself with the weeds2000 quide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post10331797)
5) make all desired changes into ramdisk folder
6) repack new boot.img with a new kernel and changed ramdisk
./repack-bootimg.pl zImage boot.img-ramdisk boot-new.img
7) new boot image is created as boot-new.img
8) if you want just to experiment, you can take any full foliomod dexter's update.zip (1.3d), put the new boot image inside instead original one.
It is possible to remove the other 2 images (recovery and system) if you want just to flash kernel. NOTE! But you have to remove the extrating command for recovery and system from update.zip/meta-inf/com/google/android/update-script.
p.s. Feel free to correct me, if something wrong with the steps. It's my first attempt to compile kernel :)
I am on FolioMod 1.3d and I use the kernel built without patches from http://tegramid.com/wiki/Main_Page(Full GPL source bundle including framework) for a day without problems. I had to do a full wipe. It's meant for testing, I don't say that kernel from source is better or worse.
Many thanks to Dexter because everything is based on his release, weeds2000 because of his kernel compile quide and tsh who placed the sources on the git and to all who try hacking our folio :)