FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vision (HTC Vision)

6,159 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,726

By Mikey, Retired Senior Moderator on 17th January 2011, 02:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Work In Progress F.A.Q.

No this ROM is NOT an official stable. No support other than community is offered for it so if you cannot live without the features that aren't available, keep the stock ROM. If you ask questions that are covered here then you will be ridiculed relentlessly and admonished, you've been warned.

An important thing to remember is that this is an ALPHA, and as such has some issues which can't be foreseen, others that are actively being worked, and some that have work arounds.

If you are asking yourself the following questions, rethink this, learn some more, then come back:
What is root?
What is a recovery?
What is Cyanogenmod?

What works (besides the obvious stuff):
Most things
Wifi
Bluetooth
Wifi Calling
Wifi tether (built-in or third party)

What doesn't work:
None at this moment

Common issues and FAQs:
  • Recovery version issues:
You MUST use Clockworkmod recovery v3.x. You CANNOT use recovery versions 2.5.x and below as Android 2.2 used ext3 file structure and Android 2.3 uses ext4. If you ask why you can't flash this ROM and you are using Clockwork 2.x, you will be ridiculed relentlessly for not reading thoroughly.

Clockworkmod is the official recovery supported by Cyanogenmod. However, since this is an alpha release, the current 3.x version of Clockworkmod is a little buggy while it's still in development.

If you wish to flash back to Android 2.2, you MUST flash Clockworkmod recovery 2.5.x or below (or compatible). If you try to flash a Android 2.2 version ROM with recovery 3.x, it WILL NOT work!!!

• Wifi Not Working
Reboot
  • If you are sending or receiving blurry photos:
Open Messenger->Settings->Custom User Agent->select Default Android
  • Trackpad wake:
This is currently a hack developed by the CM team while they find a permanent solution. Consequently, it causes some unexpected behavior sometimes. But it mostly works.
Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->Input settings->select Trackball wake
  • CRT (cathode ray tube) Screen-on/Screen-off animations:
In progress of being added

Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->User interface->Screen-on animation/screen-off animation
  • How do I set up ADB/Fastboot?
See thread here for Windows 7:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=897368

See thread here for Linux:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537508

Generalized Windows info:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=500196
  • How can I compile Cyanogenmod for myself?
See gridlock32404's post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915435
  • My [insert favorite app name] doesn't work right, what are you going to do about it?
Probably nothing. If it isn't Cyanogenmod's then they don't offer direct support for it, generally just service level issues that may need code changes. In CM7, it's based off Android 2.3 which some developers haven't offered full support for. Officially there's only one phone running 2.3, the Samsung Nexus S. Some known non-working apps include, but are not limited to:
Quadrant Standard
  • How do I install boot animations/boot splash/any other add on?
See other threads in the theme section.
  • What if I'm having random issues such as freezing, stuttering, force closes, or anything else?
Try these steps before posting a question about any issues to see if any of them fix it:
  1. Reboot
  2. Perform fix permissions, from recovery mode
  3. Do a nandroid backup and then perform a complete data/factory wipe and flash again
  4. Politely ask if anyone has had this issue in the thread
  • Do any overclock (OC) kernels work with this?
There are a few in this thread. Be warned that the CM team offers no support whatsoever for these kernels, you must ask the dev of that particular kernel about any issues you have.
  • What settings should I use in SetCPU?
There's really no reason to overclock your phone on a regular basis, so your safe bet is at a minimum:
Max: 1017, Min: 245, Scaling: ondemand
Screen-off: Max:768, Min. 245, Scaling: ondemand
  • I can't find my random issue/concern/question in this faq, what do I do now?
First, try the “search this thread” function at the top of the screen. Then try a quick google search with the device name and a general idea of what's wrong, it will probably point you back at this thread. Then do what any good tinkerer does and play around with different things and read up a little bit. If none of these gives you any results, politely ask the question on the thread and wait patiently for someone to answer who may have the same problem. It is no one's responsibility to support you in any way. After all, you bought the phone and then started screwing with it. The least you can do is be patient and try to solve the problem yourself. Who knows, you might learn something and be able to help someone else out.

Credits: To the original writer from the Glacier Thread
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mikey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikey Ad-Free

17th January 2011, 02:38 AM |#2  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Wheaton, Il

Donate to Me
More
[ROM][NIGHTLY] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vision (HTC Vision)
Have a question or an issue? Try this before asking something silly:

This thread is reserve for nightly build of @Cyanogen Mod Rom for HTC Vision
You can report and discuss all issue you are having with nightly build here.

What are Nightly build ? : auto compil build from the CyanogenMod github, each time there are new corrections on it. This version change each night, and aren't support officialy, if you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here.

Warning : Not for new user, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps from his roms, after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Gfree is needed to flash a Rom onto your phone!!!!
or
Perm Root with hboot-eng.....is needed to flash a custom ROM (still REQUIRED for the moment):

Lastest version:
Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=vision
MD5Sum: check the md5 under the files named associate with your build version

Google Addon: 20110828: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/
Check the lastest package available on top

Recovery needed: 3.0+
vision-cwm3src3.0.0.5-1-16-11.img

Rename the .img to recovery.img and have it on the root of the sdcard

For reference-More detailed
Code:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery
Wanna follow current modifications to builds?? http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#q,statuspen,n,z
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Mikey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikey Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 02:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,497

Donate to Me
More
Second.

Ah man, I got bumped to third lol.
17th January 2011, 02:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
does it matter which Gapp I get? I don't see HDPI as one of the option for CyanogenMod 7
17th January 2011, 02:59 AM |#5  
Flag NW Indiana
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Is pershoot overclock kernel supported on this from rom manager?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
17th January 2011, 02:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
cant wait to try this!
17th January 2011, 02:59 AM |#7  
Flag Wheaton, Il

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tak.japan

does it matter which Gapp I get? I don't see HDPI as one of the option for CyanogenMod 7

Universal DPI: Tiny

Is the one you are looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikey Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 02:59 AM |#8  
Flag Wilmington!
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Do i use Rommanager to install? Also, which one do i download? Espresso, Sholes, Passion?
17th January 2011, 03:01 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,497

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aad4321

Do i use Rommanager to install? Also, which one do i download? Espresso, Sholes, Passion?

DON'T DOWNLOAD YETT!!!! The one you'll need will say Vision.
17th January 2011, 03:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

None of those. Still waiting for ours to pop up.
17th January 2011, 03:02 AM |#11  
Flag Wheaton, Il

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

CMWorks 3.0+ is needed http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/...ery-image.html Look for VISION or G2.

That's the name of your phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)