No this ROM is NOT an official stable. No support other than community is offered for it so if you cannot live without the features that aren't available, keep the stock ROM. If you ask questions that are covered here then you will be ridiculed relentlessly and admonished, you've been warned.
An important thing to remember is that this is an ALPHA, and as such has some issues which can't be foreseen, others that are actively being worked, and some that have work arounds.
If you are asking yourself the following questions, rethink this, learn some more, then come back:
What is root?
What is a recovery?
What is Cyanogenmod?
What works (besides the obvious stuff):
Wifi tether (built-in or third party)
What doesn't work:
None at this moment
Common issues and FAQs:
- Recovery version issues:
Clockworkmod is the official recovery supported by Cyanogenmod. However, since this is an alpha release, the current 3.x version of Clockworkmod is a little buggy while it's still in development.
If you wish to flash back to Android 2.2, you MUST flash Clockworkmod recovery 2.5.x or below (or compatible). If you try to flash a Android 2.2 version ROM with recovery 3.x, it WILL NOT work!!!
- Wifi Not Working
- If you are sending or receiving blurry photos:
- Trackpad wake:
Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->Input settings->select Trackball wake
- CRT (cathode ray tube) Screen-on/Screen-off animations:
Menu->Settings->CyanogenMod settings->User interface->Screen-on animation/screen-off animation
- How do I set up ADB/Fastboot?
See thread here for Linux:
Generalized Windows info:
- How can I compile Cyanogenmod for myself?
- My [insert favorite app name] doesn't work right, what are you going to do about it?
- How do I install boot animations/boot splash/any other add on?
- What if I'm having random issues such as freezing, stuttering, force closes, or anything else?
- Perform fix permissions, from recovery mode
- Do a nandroid backup and then perform a complete data/factory wipe and flash again
- Politely ask if anyone has had this issue in the thread
- Do any overclock (OC) kernels work with this?
- What settings should I use in SetCPU?
Max: 1017, Min: 245, Scaling: ondemand
Screen-off: Max:768, Min. 245, Scaling: ondemand
- I can't find my random issue/concern/question in this faq, what do I do now?
Credits: To the original writer from the Glacier Thread