[Theme] RedX for Liberty Rom

Search This thread

Natemz

Aug 15, 2010
Nashville, TN
Here is a red theme made for Liberty v1.5. Several apps have been themed including a red themed Facebook and Market 2.2.11.

Installation:
Boot into clockwork and select this zip to install. Please do a backup before you flash this. Better safe than sorry.

Please feel free to post any bugs or suggestions in this thread. Thanks and enjoy.

Recommended install over a clean Liberty 1.5

I have added an alternate version with no Market. Some users experience FC's with themed Markets. This is due to a change in the vending.apk that started with 2.2.7. Some people have issues and some don't. If you want the themed red Market in this zip, please go into Settings>Applications>All and uninstall the Market or Market Updates. Some people will have issues and some won't. Do a Backup before installing. If you have a DX that FC's with the red Market then restore the previous backup and then use the "No Market" version below. Another way to get themed market is to start with a clean .340 install. Install Liberty then this theme. Should work after that.

2/16/11 Updated to work with Liberty 1.5

Download RedX for Liberty 1.5 (Includes Market 2.2.11)
Download RedX for Liberty 1.5 (No Market)

228198671.jpg
snap20110117_191013.png
snap20110117_191026.png
GtalkRed.png
228193100.jpg

Last edited:

bL33d

Mar 6, 2008
Illinois
I hate themed icons ie the red themed icons in this theme cause then they just stick out like a sore thumb from the regular icons.

Explodee

Jan 20, 2008
Boston
I have a red Fancy Widgets if you want to rip it from the guts of my Dynamite theme and add it to this. Don't listen to the haters, this is sick.

Sent from my DROIDX using psychic powers

bL33d

Mar 6, 2008
Illinois
I decided to try it looks reall good but kept causing a boot loop.. Not sure why I tried wiping data and cache and davlik cache and mounted system first.

Natemz

Aug 15, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you install this be aware some users are getting a bootloop. Not sure why some do and others dont. I will try to troubleshoot it and find out the culprit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rion_j

Aug 23, 2010
bootloops fruitloops for me as well. dam, i was really hoping this would fly.

ka911

Jun 15, 2008
If you install this be aware some users are getting a bootloop. Not sure why some do and others dont. I will try to troubleshoot it and find out the culprit.

Ok, I had the same issue with bootloop I had to go into bootload and wipe data/reset then my phone rebooted into Red theme but start to reboot by it self!
this need to go!

for any one need to fix their Droid x to boot into clockworkmod recovery if you're bootlooping follow these instructions:

1. Plug usb into wall charger.
2. Plug phone into usb w/o the battery in the phone.
3. You should be in Clockwork.

Last edited:

snwboard333

Oct 17, 2010
I remember following your work all over crackberry for my storm. Its nice to see you bring your awesome work over to android :)

DroidnOk

Aug 3, 2010
I got the updated version to work flawlessly. If anyone is still having problems try this method of installing:

-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select TheameName.zip
-reboot

It may not be necessary but it worked for me this way.

Any chance that you could theme the "Power Control" widget as well as Twitter?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a red theme made for Liberty v1.5. Several apps have been themed including a red themed Facebook and Market 2.2.11.

Installation:
    Boot into clockwork and select this zip to install. Please do a backup before you flash this. Better safe than sorry.

Please feel free to post any bugs or suggestions in this thread. Thanks and enjoy.

Recommended install over a clean Liberty 1.5

I have added an alternate version with no Market. Some users experience FC's with themed Markets. This is due to a change in the vending.apk that started with 2.2.7. Some people have issues and some don't. If you want the themed red Market in this zip, please go into Settings>Applications>All and uninstall the Market or Market Updates. Some people will have issues and some won't. Do a Backup before installing. If you have a DX that FC's with the red Market then restore the previous backup and then use the "No Market" version below. Another way to get themed market is to start with a clean .340 install. Install Liberty then this theme. Should work after that.

2/16/11 Updated to work with Liberty 1.5

Download RedX for Liberty 1.5 (Includes Market 2.2.11)
    Download RedX for Liberty 1.5 (No Market)

228198671.jpg
    snap20110117_191013.png
    snap20110117_191026.png
    GtalkRed.png
    228193100.jpg
    Any plans to update this theme for Liberty 1.5? I'm holding off upgrading until it is.....

Yes I will try to get it this next week