I have an omnia 7 on contract with Optus here in Australia. I have had it for a few days now and I've found the data connection to be very patchy, even though I have full reception where I live.
I have noticed the connection icon switching between 3G and 3G+ pretty much constantly when I'm using it.
This is basically what is happening as I try it at the moment:
- Icon says 3G.
- Tried to load the Optus website and the icon changed to 3G+ and the progress bar is just hanging there, wont go any further.
- Icon has changed back to 3G, still hanging.
- Try to load again, now it has changed to 3G+ and the site loaded.
- Icon has changed back to 3G.
- Clicked a link on the website and the icon changed to 3G+, page loaded fine.
- Icon changed back to 3G.
- Tried to load the facebook app, "Unable to connect to Facebook. Please try again later.
- Trying to load optuszoo.com.au again, icon says 3G.. just hanging there again.
- Icon has changed to 3G+, still hanging.
- Icon has changed to 3G, still hanging.
Could this be a fault with my phone? I'm in an area of strong reception, it shouldn't have a problem getting a steady 3G+ connection (I used to have a HTC Diamond which always had a strong HSDPA signal). I can only guess that every time it switches from 3G to 3G+ it loses the connection, which stops things from loading & syncing. Is there anything I can try here before I take it back to the store? I do not have the new firmware, and don't particularly want to try messing with it if I have to return it.