The FIRST Open-Source Custom ROM
Designed and Optimized just for the HD2!
If you have used any of my previous ROM's (HyperROM for WinMo back in the day AND HyperDroid CM6.1 for Android SD), you'll know that I build these to be Clean, Fast, Minimal and as Stable as Realistically Possible. (YMMV, of course)
I built this for my personal use and offer no guarantees except that I personally use this ROM and it's passed my standards for daily use as well as my 4 year old son's since he plays the games I download on the device.
Drawing inspiration from the Desire AOSP based Custom ROMs, which has AdamG and his Oxygen-ROM and ihlades and his Redux Custom ROM, I decided to Open-Source the HyperDroid project with the hope of making it even better than it is now! Contribution isn't only welcomed, its highly encouraged!
This ROM is based on the source code of Redux, a Gingerbread AOSP Desire ROM as originally built by ihlades (Gingerbread / Android 2.3.3), with several useful & special tweaks topped off with a clean theme to make it pop!
This is the first Open Source ROM specifically built and optimized for the HD2! That means you can build based on this one using the source code (as long as you publish your changes as well as this is licensed under GPLv3) The source is built from the following: Base is Pure AOSP, Framework Tweaks and Settings is Redux, Cool Features & Functions from CyanogenMod.
THIS is NOT a PORT... its Completely Built FROM SOURCE, Fully Optimized and Tweaked for the HD2![/B]
Huge props to:
ihlades: for allowing me to build off Redux and helping me figure stuff out (saved me a lot of time)
cyanogen: for the various useful features and functions... Android is better because of you
AdamG: for the tweaks on AOSP and contributions to Android...
charansingh: for his work on the vendor related stuff for the HD2...
tytung: for his work on the kernel and openly exchanging code with me to make both our builds that much better.
Tricalibur: for his generosity in sharing Unlimited FTP Space for these ROM's
doctorcete: for helping me test the ROMs over and above the call of duty. breaking what I don't break myself
D4rk50ul: for helping rework the posts on the first page and being a helpful troubleshooter that has allowed me to fix a lot of small details.
pinDemon: for creating an awesome video guide for HyperDroid! (more to come)
slashas69, FrAsErTaG, MontAlbert, seadersn, fhasovic, karendar: for their time and methods of testing out the !@#$% out of these ROM's and helping make it a True Community Effort
You can find the source to build from the link below. Now you don't JUST have my KITCHEN, you have ALL the ingredients! (except the theme as the images are copyrighted by their owners, so building from this gives you a completely stock looking HyperDroid)
In essence, if you like what you see feel free to download it directly by clicking the appropriate link below!
Upgrading is possible and theoretically safe once on GBXv7 and up, unless stated other wise. However, due to the complexity of different settings, applications installed, and Android system itself this upgrading would be unsupported officialy and in case a bug arises we cannot provide official support other than trying full wipe.
You have been Warned.
Therefore a full wipe is always advisable to minimize errors and get proper support.
You must be running MAGLDR 1.13 and a compatible ClockWorkMod to use this link.
CLICK THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD >>>>>>> GBX-v12-MAGLDR-CWM-ZIP
You must be running cLK and a compatible ClockWorkMod to use this link. Advanced Users Only.
CLICK THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD >>>>>>> GBX-v12-cLK-CWM-ZIP
- Do a Nandroid Backup before Installing or Updating ANYTHING!
- Read the F.A.Q. in Post #2
- Download and Install the file above (CWM)
- Go to the Bottom of the page and Install any updates via CWM (updates will have the prefix *GBX)
- You want to be able to charge when off, use fastboot, reboot to recovery and Rom Manager (for future GBX OTA updates)? Install cLK as shown in the F.A.Q link on page #2 and use the cLK version above.
- Discussion for Latest Release begins HERE...
- Completely Stock Version Discontinued and will be replaced by "Stockify" Option which you can install via CWM. (Stockify CWM)
- Clean, Minimalistic, Dark, Fast UI
- LCD Density at 167 by default (easily changeable using a Root file manager and editing the build.prop; I use and highly recommend 167)
- Built from source Based on Redux Gingerbread for Desire built by ihlades (Huge Props to this guy!!!)
- Lucid + Minimalist Theme by Sonnysekhon and david1171 (mixed version by pongster)
- Apps2sdExt support (install detects ext partition (if available) and installs apk's on sd-ext) (Oxygen ROM apps2sd+ mod by AdamG)
- Dalvik2SD script (works automagically if an Ext partition is detected)
- Auto Zipalign script (ensures your apps use RAM efficiently)
- Fastest Customizable Launcher (ADWLauncher)
- Clean, Readable Font (Zegoe Regular Font)
- Some Apps from Minimalist by david1171 and DarkGinger by djdarkknight
- Boot Animation by Dysgenic
- Shows "H" when connected to a HSDPA network
- So much more... (check the changelog)
- Improved 720p Playback (CM7 Stagefright libs)
- patched libsqlite (faster IO and less Disk Usage) by ownhere
- GPS Fix from gauner1986 and Diem
- GPS.conf tweaks by AngelDeath & D4rk5oul
- SDCard Readahead script by brainmaster
- Various Fixes by ihlades & pongster
- 3G / Data
- BT in standby fixed by Trilu and charansingh (Huge props to both!)
- GPS is working (No 60mA battery drain issue.) (Props to Gauner1986 & Diem)
- Network Location
- FM Radio
- USB Tethering
- USB Mass Storage
- LED Charging Lights (Thanks to iamgpc)
- LED Notification Lights (Thanks to iamgpc & tytung)
- Auto Backlight (Thanks to iamgpc)
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot (thanks to tytung and charansingh)
4. Known Issues
Updates for HyperDroidGBX:
None at the Moment but stay tuned!! HINT: Download Rom Manager and try checking...
ihlades, Cyanogen, Cotulla, AdamG, TYTung, Dr1337, huanyu, Hastarin, Markinus, Letama, Rajko, Gauner1986, Dan1j3l, RaiderX303, Rafpigna, mdeejay, lesjaw, Sonnysekhon, David1171, crawlingcity, charansingh, iamgpc, trilu, tyween, 2000impreza, fhasovic, B.Maximenko, seadersn, brainmaster, AngelDeath, D4rk5oul, doctorcete, arif-ali, the_scotsman, noellenchris, etc.
Hope you Enjoy the ROM as much as I enjoyed building it and sharing it for your Personal Computing!