FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[31 MAR] MaesusDroid HD2 Lite v0.4 beta [DATA@NAND + DATA2EXT4][Raf 1.9OC kernel]

931 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By maesus, Senior Member on 18th January 2011, 04:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Finally, I dare to share my works after scrubbing an Android build for my HD2, after developing WM6.5.x ROMs for quite some time.

Key features:
  • Desire Z and Desire HD based
  • optimized for LEO512 (limited memory size),
  • CWM
  • DATA@NAND + DATA2EXT4 - get the speed of NAND and space of SDCard.
  • my own initrd.
  • my own kernel compilation, based on linux_on_wince_htc GIT. Currently using Rafpigna's kernel so I can focus on other stuffs.
  • smart CPU scaling - lower frequency during screen off.
  • Themed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device_4-in-1.jpg
Views:	4746
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	556806  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to maesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maesus Ad-Free

18th January 2011, 04:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved 1
Change Log:

31/3/2011 MaesusDroid HD2 Lite v0.4 (beta)
  • Bug fixed and improved on DATA@NAND + DATA2EXT4 performance.
  • Much better out-of-the-box experience... at least won't install half way hang or fall into boot-loop.
  • Starts to use Rafpigna kernel 1.9OC, so I can work on all other stuffs.
  • HTC Camcorder - fixed?? I replaced the apk using adb shell, it worked. But if flash out-of-the-box will it work? and why it doesn't work??

21/3/2011 MaesusDroid HD2 Lite v0.3 (beta)
  • DATA@NAND + DATA2EXT4 - improvised approach to increase performance by moving some more frequently accessed /data files to NAND.
  • CPU smart scaling - lower the frequency when screen turns off.
  • Customized kernel and initrd.gz for the above features.
  • nicely skinned.
19/1/2011 MaesusDroid V0.1 beta
  • first public release, it'sstill in beta testing stage as some features I expected are still missing out of the box.
  • Desire HD font size on Desire Z apk? YES!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maesus Ad-Free
18th January 2011, 04:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Downloads
31/3/2011 - MaesusDroid HD2 Lite v0.4
Multiupload
Detailed installation instructions included in the 7z file. Please follow the instructions carefully.

21/3/2011 - MaesusDroid HD2 Lite v0.3
Multiupload
Detailed installation instructions included in the 7z file. Please follow the instructions carefully.

19/1/2011 - MaesusDroid v0.1 beta
Multiupload

WARNING: This is BETA testing only. For experienced HD2 Android users. I have not provided any readme.txt or step-by-step guides to prepare your phone prior to this installation.

Prerequisites:
  • MAGLDR 1.11 or above
  • 2 partitions on SD Card - 1st FAT32 and 2nd EXT4. Both partitions must be Primary. /data will store in EXT4. Instruction here.
  • More settings required, follow this thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maesus Ad-Free
18th January 2011, 04:51 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved 3
bugs and fixes
The Following User Says Thank You to maesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maesus Ad-Free
18th January 2011, 04:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
reserved 4
... just reserve...
The Following User Says Thank You to maesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maesus Ad-Free
18th January 2011, 06:01 PM |#6  
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 32

More
is this going to be a Nand rom wich need to be installed with MAGLDR 1.11, or just sd card?
18th January 2011, 06:17 PM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,551

More
Quote:

is this going to be a Nand rom wich need to be installed with MAGLDR 1.11, or just sd card?

You are posting this question in a Nand Android thread. What do you think, as you posted a wrong question or the OP posted the thread in a wrong Section?

Anyway nice to see something new! How is it possible for a build from the base of two phones? Some from Desire HD and some from Z. Can u use the Desirez launcher with Desire HD font size in your build?
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA app
18th January 2011, 06:21 PM |#8  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 538

Donate to Me
More
Sounds very promising from your details. Looking forward to testing, when it's released!
18th January 2011, 06:22 PM |#9  
Flag North London
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shree.cse

You are posting this question in a Nand Android thread. What do you think, as you posted a wrong question or the OP posted the thread in a wrong Section?

Anyway nice to see something new! How is it possible for a build from the base of two phones? Some from Desire HD and some from Z. Can u use the Desirez launcher with Desire HD font size in your build?
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA app

dude can u read ,it doesent say anything in it and most chefs in these forum are posting in here their rom's and they doing wrong,there are 5 forums for Android Development
18th January 2011, 11:00 PM |#10  
Damascus
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Talking
sounds cool
18th January 2011, 11:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Your WinMO Roms were the best...
I will certainly try your ROM when it comes out.
Did you consider gingerbread?

Old sig:

HTC HD2 on T-Mobile Netherlands
WM ROM: Maesus 3.0 with builtin Android boot
Radio: 2.15.50.14
Android: MDJ FroYo HD v.4.2|kernel:MDJ S7.4HD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)