FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]Activate Via Chat(with proof)

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By pteradactyle, Senior Member on 20th January 2011, 04:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
THIS SHOULD WORK FOR USA, I ACTIVATED LIKE 4 HD2'S WITH THIS METHOD...IT ALSO WORKS FOR OTHER COUNTRIES, SURF THROUGH THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT WHICH ONES

JUST ACTIVATED MY SECOND FOURTH HD2....

http://support.microsoft.com/contact...at?ws=support#

CLICK ON Product Sales, General Inquiries and Genuine Advantage Questions

TELL EM YOU GOT A HD7(IMPORTANT)

PROTIP
YES GIVE THEM YOUR REAL INFO
NOT LIKE THEIR GONNA SEND GOONS TO YOUR HOUSE TO CHECK IT
THEY ARE JUST REGISTERING YOU
ALSO FIRST TIME I ACTIVATED BY CALLING EM...THIS IS THE SECOND TIME VIA CHAT(HURR DURR)

PS: You need to edit the registry of your phone to make it an HD7.... their are a lot of other threads about that(Xap Touch Explorer etc...)

LE PROOF

The reason he is like "I'd be happy to assist you with your WP7 phones is cause I filled out the little before chat questionnaire about my problem".

Nooooo my hd2 died =[, time to RMA(3/11/2011)
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to pteradactyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pteradactyle Ad-Free

20th January 2011, 06:13 AM |#2  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 746

More
lol, I already got my code but something is bothering me, What is the word you scrambled at the 9th line from bottom ?

"Did the product key work on your end, ***** ?"

Nope, Just curious

Edit ::

Got it, your name
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marvlesz Ad-Free
20th January 2011, 06:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazaki

lol, I already got my code but something is bothering me, What is the word you scrambled at the 9th line from bottom ?

"Did the product key work on your end, ***** ?"

Nope, Just curious

Edit ::

Got it, your name

bingo -> name
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pteradactyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pteradactyle Ad-Free
20th January 2011, 07:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
hmm did you chat with them while their call support was open?
Because ever time i try to get my key they just tell me to call their support. As the person i talked to didnt have the tools to generate a key.

Also what reason did you choose for contacting microsoft?
20th January 2011, 07:48 AM |#5  
Flag Ironcity
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Can confirm that this method works for other countries too. Got my key through US chat and was not asked where I'm from. You also don't need to say the model name of your device, "htc" will be quite ok.
20th January 2011, 07:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
What reason did you choose for contacting microsoft as they keep telling me to call their phone support
20th January 2011, 08:24 AM |#7  
Flag Ironcity

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by --__--

What reason did you choose for contacting microsoft as they keep telling me to call their phone support

I only wrote that my phone asks for an activation key when I'm trying to connect to the market. The agent was quite happy about helping me activating my phone and asked for my name, phone number an device brand. After a short time i got my code and the agent disconnected.

worked for me on my first try, keep trying
The Following User Says Thank You to nos2k5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nos2k5 Ad-Free
20th January 2011, 11:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pteradactyle

JUST ACTIVATED MY SECOND HD2....
I also mistakenly posted this in the HD2 general forum, anyways thats already like page 3 so w/e

IDK about other countries so for right now this is for USA only....

http://support.microsoft.com/contact...at?ws=support#

CLICK ON Product Sales, General Inquiries and Genuine Advantage Questions

TELL EM YOU GOT A HD7(IMPORTANT)

PROTIP
YES GIVE THEM YOUR REAL INFO
NOT LIKE THEIR GONNA SEND GOONS TO YOUR HOUSE TO CHECK IT
THEY ARE JUST REGISTERING YOU
ALSO FIRST TIME I ACTIVATED BY CALLING EM...THIS IS THE SECOND TIME VIA CHAT(HURR DURR)

PS: You need to edit the registry of your phone to make it an HD7.... their are a lot of other threads about that(Xap Touch Explorer etc...)

LE PROOF

The reason he is like "I'd be happy to assist you with your WP7 phones is cause I filled out the little before chat questionnaire about my problem".

Not only for the USA. Also for Portugal
Told them that portuguese microsoft support could not generate the key and BAMMMM, got one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dasf77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dasf77 Ad-Free
20th January 2011, 01:26 PM |#9  

More
I've used the dutch chat support, literally took me 1 minute to get my activation code.
20th January 2011, 02:46 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This process worked perfectly for me. It did take three attemps before I got an agent that would provide a key but now I have an activated WP7 phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dredman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dredman Ad-Free
20th January 2011, 03:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks 4 this guide! works for me just fine <--- germany
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)