FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Perka´s And flip360´s Clean Install Guide And Package

641 posts
Thanks Meter: 163

By flip360, Senior Member on 24th January 2011, 01:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Perka´s And flip360´s Clean Install Guide And Package.

Warning!
If you do not follow the guide exactly you might brick your phone!
This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

If you do not know what 3 button combo or recovery is, read this please.
If you have Captivate Here you have a guide.

We are not responsible for bricking anybody’s phone!
If it happens we will try to help you, but remember we are doing this for free!

You do not have to do all Sections, please read what each Section is for.

IMPORTANT! – You need to read the guide before doing it, and use the files provided.

Section A
If you have 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1
Section B is for flashing stock 2.1, to get a fresh clean install.
Section C is for flashing our update.zip from 2:e recovery (It is a renamed Kitchen Rom) Log here.
Section D Another way to get to Kitchen Rom from stock 2.1 with 2e recovery, does not work with Stock Froyo 2.2 or 2.2.1.
Section E is a guide to Magical Rom Kitchen.
Section F is a How to CWM update.zip guide, (to get CWM, only works in 2e recovery 2.1 Eclair)

Before you begin with the flashing process, make sure that you:
Samsung drivers installed on your computer.
Have backups.(When you restore your backups, DO NOT restore system settings.)
Do not have any lag fix applied.(If you are going to flash stock with pit, no need to disable lag fix)
Phone battery is fully charged.
You don´t have Kies running.
We strongly urge you to read through the whole guide first before attempting any of this,
and sticking to our reference, here is the files that you will need before attempting to flash your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.

Download Section.

Odin v 1.3
Samsung USB Drivers.
Driver x64
Driver x86

For Section A
Speedmod Kernel K13b

For Section B
GT-I9000_I9000XWJM8_I9000XXJM4_CODE-MODEM_Odin_Csc_Pit.512.zip
or
GT-I9000_I9000XWJM9_I9000XXJM4_CODE-MODEM_Odin_Csc_Pit.512.zip

For Section C
The renamed Kitchen Rom (update.zip) Log file This is used if you get stuck on GT screen.

For Section D
Z4Root
Sgs Kernel Flasher
Speedmod Kernel choose the CWM.
Qr codes in Post 2

For Section E
Cook your favourite Kitchen Rom in Magical ROM Kitchen

For Section F
ClockWorkMode update.zip

Preparations
To begin with, download and extract all these files mentioned above to a convenient location, preferably on your desktop. Once you have all the files in place, launch Odin as administrator. On your device end, make sure that you have disabled any lag fix, if applied earlier.
Ensure that the drivers for your SGS are installed on your computer.
If you have Kies already installed on your machine, the drivers are already in place. If Kies is running shut it down.
Power off your phone.
Put your Galaxy S in download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time.
You will see a yellow symbol and the words ‘Downloading’ once the phone has gone into download mode. That’s it, we’re ready to begin the flashing sequence.

Section A
Before flashing the Speedmod Kernel, put your Kitchen Rom on your internal sd card.
Flashing a Speedmod Kernel Guide here.
When flashing on 2.1, you get stuck on GT-screen, dont worry its normal, just pull battery and enter recovery.
Now go to Section E

Section B

Flashing stock firmware

Make sure you don´t have Kies running, and your phone is off, do not connect it now.
1.Start Odin
2.In PIT, load the 512.PIT file.
3.For PDA, select the CODE file.
4.For PHONE, select the MODEM file.
5.For CSC select the CSC file.
6.Make sure that the Re-partition box is checked.
7.Put your phone in download mode. (Volume down + power button + home button )
8.Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable. It will install the drivers, or if they are already installed, you will see ‘Added’ in Odin’s message box . A COM port will also become visible.
9.Again make sure that all the selections in Odin’s interface are correct. Press the Start button when verified.
The flashing sequence will begin, and you will see several messages in Odin. Make sure that the phone does not disconnect during this time, as it may brick your device permanently. Once the flashing sequence has completed, Odin will give a ‘Completed’ message in the Message box, and a green PASS will appear on top.
Your device will automatically reboot at this point.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed stage one of the process, and now you’re running the XWJM8 or JM9 2.1 Éclair firmware.
Section A is useful if you just want to revert back to factory stock 2.1 (warranty, repairs, etc.)
Now you can do Section A ,D or F

Section C

Flashing the update.zip, this is used if you have problems installing your Kitchen Rom

Copy the update.zip (it is a renamed Kitchen Rom Log) to your Internal Sd card.
Shut off the phone and reboot to recovery (Volume UP + Home + Power) and do a FACTORY RESET.
Then choose Install update.zip from the recovery, let it install and reboot. When the phone has booted, shut the phone off and enter recovery (Volume UP + Home + Power) and then choose Install update.zip from the recovery, let it install and reboot.
It´s not a typo you need to do it twice.
All done! Now you have a basic Kitchen Rom containing CWM and all you need to flash a custom ROM.
If you want to stay with this Rom, you can enter the Magical ROM Kitchen and make a update.zip with the apps you want to add, and flash it in cwm. If you want to uninstall something you can do it with Titanium.
Now you can go to Section E

Section D

Another way to get to Kitchen Rom from stock 2.1 with 2e recovery, does not work with Stock Froyo 2.2 or 2.2.1.
When you have the apps and the Kernel needed for this Section,

1.Install the apps.
2.Cook your Kitchen Rom and put it on your internal sd card. (see section E how to do that)
3.If you did not download the kernel with your phone,(qr codes in post 2) put it on your internal sd card.
4.Root with Z4Root.
5.Flash the Speedmod Kernel with Sgs Kernel Flasher (only v1.5.9 or newer)(Atm you will get stuck on GT screen due to mismatch between kernel/firmware versions if you try normal booting)
6.Enter recovery
7.Factory reset
8.Install zip from sd card
9.Choose zip from sd card
10.Install the Kitchen Rom
11.Reboot

Section E

Flashing a Kitchen Rom if/when you have clockworkmode

Here you have a app guide made by marcedli Xda
And here you have a nice Kitchen walk-trough with screens: Link.
This is the steps you need to do.
1.Place Kitchen Rom on internal sd card
2.Enter recovery
3.Factory reset (if you install new base Rom OR the previous Rom had a voodoo kernel AND you want to wipe)
4.Install zip from sd card
5.Choose zip from sd card
6.Install the Kitchen Rom
7.Reboot

Section F
How to get CWM with CWM update.zip (only works in 2e recovery 2.1 Eclair)

1.Place your Kitchen Rom on your internal sd card, that you generated in the Kitchen
2.Place the CWM update.zip on your internal sd card that you downloaded from download Section
3.Power down your phone and enter recovery (Volume up + power button + home button )
4.Choose apply sdcard:update.zip, now you will end up in recovery again, so choose apply sdcard:update.zip and you will have CWM.
5. Now go to Section E step nr 3.

If you still have any questions please log in to Kitchen`s Irc support channel. (in irc type !help)
Webchat!

Please rate or comment.

This guide was made and tested by,
flip360 Xda
Perka Xda
Beerfund
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to flip360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flip360 Ad-Free

24th January 2011, 01:41 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,139

More
Angry Links and QR codes.
Do you need a file? Perka´s File Stash!

Black Android Theme by Pele78 (imo the best out there!)

If you need help with modem, csc, and other stuff, please go to Doc´s Irc channel and type !help and you will find what you are looking for, Click this text.

Guide in PDF

Perka´s File Stash

Adobe Reader

Z4Root

Sgs Kernel Flasher

Speedmod Kernel

Credit Goes To The Doc Team!

Do you want free dropbox cloud space? Use this link to sign up and you get 2gig + 250mb space for free (and I get 250mb) Thx.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Perka Ad-Free
24th January 2011, 01:56 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
gday.. just to clarify...does this suggest therefore to flash back to jm8 2.1 prior to flashing to a Doc Rom??

i have asked this in another post, but say for example you are already running another ROM that comes with all the bells & whistles (eg cwm, optional lagfix, root, sgs tools themes etc)..

would the user need to go back to jm8?

cheers
24th January 2011, 02:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3,139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzy

gday.. just to clarify...does this suggest therefore to flash back to jm8 2.1 prior to flashing to a Doc Rom??

i have asked this in another post, but say for example you are already running another ROM that comes with all the bells & whistles (eg cwm, optional lagfix, root, sgs tools themes etc)..

would the user need to go back to jm8?

cheers

If you have problems flashing, use this guide, if you already have cwm recovery and can flash custom roms you dont need to do this guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Perka Ad-Free
24th January 2011, 02:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks for confirming.!
24th January 2011, 05:36 AM |#6  
Flag Hubli
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Can this be used to flash all modded CWM ROMs? I think so. You can check & modify the topic accordingly.
24th January 2011, 11:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Skopje

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin

Can this be used to flash all modded CWM ROMs? I think so. You can check & modify the topic accordingly.

i think so. We will test this out and give feedback
24th January 2011, 12:32 PM |#8  
Flag Hubli
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip360

i think so. We will test this out and give feedback

You mention 502 pit. Did you mean 512 or 503?
24th January 2011, 01:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Skopje

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin

You mention 502 pit. Did you mean 512 or 503?

yes 512pit file. sorry typo :P
24th January 2011, 01:17 PM |#10  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Huh? Isn't Doc's rom a CWM Rom? You can't flash those as a update.zip can you?
24th January 2011, 03:46 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Skopje

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper.fishes

Huh? Isn't Doc's rom a CWM Rom? You can't flash those as a update.zip can you?

Yes Doc`s rom is coupled with CWM yes, but stock 2.1 also. try it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
doc, galaxy s, gt screen, stuck

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)