FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 b2 for vega (04/03/2011)

917 posts
Thanks Meter: 565

By Bumble-Bee, Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot on 27th January 2011, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know all you guys have been waiting for 2.3 on the vega well here it is its very raw and probably not good enough for every day use.The build is at the same stage as the gtab so it has all the same bugs and so on as the gtab plus a few more just for us lol :D(as we don't have kernel source yet :( ).

There will be little support if any for this build as i am currently working on a LOT of stuff. But when we get kernel source i can work some more on this :)

Please have the stock rom and nvflash ready in-case u have to recover from this :D

Nither me or the cyanogenmod team are responsible for any damage caused by this rom weather that is bricking your device, eating babies, global warming or your house burning down !

[B]ChangeLog[/B
B1
- Status Bar Buttons
- Newer CM src (due to issues with 2.3.3 not latest)

(WIPE DATA IF COMING FROM STOCK ROM)

B1
- Fixed Camera
- Fixed Rotation
- Latest CM source

[What Doesnt Work]
- Some GPS apps will FC (maps works but it needs to be version 5.0) the gtab has these same issues when they have a fix so will we

[What Does Work]
- Everything Else !

[Requirements]
- Advent Vega (ovb)
- ClockworkMod 2.x.x

[Install]
the normal way in clockworkmod :D

[Download]
B2 HERE !

To enable camera
in adb shell / terminal app / gscript

ON = "echo 'set28h' > /proc/gpio"
OFF = "echo 'set28l' > /proc/gpio"

I suggest having the camera off when not in use as i haven't tested the affects of having it on for long periods of time are

[Credits]
- Bekit + sceptrr for the original gtab vendor setup
- CyanogenMod team for there awesome src
- Anyone else i missed
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bumble-Bee For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th January 2011, 08:38 AM |#2  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 584

More
im so gona flash this. if its only camera, rotation and video decoding not working it seams usable to me. I just have to wait to friday maybe monday when my POV Mobii arrives. I got CM7 on my DHD. I also have an Archos70IT but no roms for that and a Toshiba Folio wich really is quiet nice. But it dosent have that strong community and rom devs around it. Then i saw that You had jumped on AdventVega and was going to make a CM7 build for it+ it has several other roms and rom builders working for it. So i orderd one. I really miss having an active community around the devices i got. Well the Desire HD is good, but the plates i got, when i check there forums almost never any activity. I hope people will tturn to Xda for the Vega not just Modaco.

I just your kernels for the DHD. Always good qquality work, thats promising for the CM7 for Vega.

PS. Download link for CM6 dont work, i only get error 404. Could you please upload a working link
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickwarn Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 09:36 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,760

Donate to Me
More
I really need rotation to work before I can stick on one of these CM roms

However good news, kernel sources should be out today or tomorrow and Paul at modaco may already have it.
27th January 2011, 09:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Nice one, I thought you'd abandoned this.
27th January 2011, 11:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
What is the point of releasing cm7 when you get cm6 to work properly for day to day use. I say waste of time.
27th January 2011, 11:25 AM |#6  
OP Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot

More
Whats the point on working on 2.2 when 2.3 runs with the same buggs?
27th January 2011, 11:29 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache14

Whats the point on working on 2.2 when 2.3 runs with the same buggs?

I concur, plus CM7 has better features for our tablets than CM6.1 i.e. how to move apps2sd
27th January 2011, 11:38 AM |#8  

More
It still doesn't make sense as both of them still buggy and not good for daily use.
27th January 2011, 11:46 AM |#9  
OP Senior Recognized Developer & Original Autobot

More
lol the issue is the fix for sensors on 2.2 would fix 2.3 soo really 2.3 is thing to work at ... that and getting a solid vendor base so when 3.0 hits aosp we will be able to make best use of it .....

the main issue is nither 2.2 or 2.3 aosp have any real support for tegra 2 chips (hw decoding and other features) .... 3.0 aosp will do as there main device will be tegra based :) im hoping it wont be too much trouble getting 3.0 on this device
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumble-Bee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2011, 11:47 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache14

lol the issue is the fix for sensors on 2.2 would fix 2.3 soo really 2.3 is thing to work at ... that and getting a solid vendor base so when 3.0 hits aosp we will be able to make best use of it .....

the main issue is nither 2.2 or 2.3 aosp have any real support for tegra 2 chips (hw decoding and other features) .... 3.0 aosp will do as there main device will be tegra based :) im hoping it wont be too much trouble getting 3.0 on this device

Shouldn't be, and of course I will do all I can to help you or whoever decides to build it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2011, 12:02 PM |#11  

More
Fair enough. @apache14 I pm u some days ago did you get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to alphaola For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alphaola Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
advent, cyanogen, gingerbread, vega

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)