FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GB Blackout KB - NEW Whiteout / Bionix-V 1.3 (Update Feb 26)

797 posts
Thanks Meter: 176

By creator2456, Senior Member on 27th January 2011, 01:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Big thanks to Camalot for his continued work on coding this amazing keyboard.
Find his thread here.

If there are any questions concerning functions of the keyboard, please visit Camalot's thread and ask there. He has handled the coding of this KB and will be able to provide an answer.

I've decided to break away from that thread with my Blackout versions so they are more visible.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
If you decide to use these in any ROM or theme, please link back to this thread and use my download links. Also post in this thread a link to the ROM or theme. Doing this I am able to keep track of which is being downloaded the most and can focus future updates to those versions first. Thank you.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Please do not post any mirrors. I use Mediafire because it allows me to track downloads easily (and its free). I have also attached the .zip files below.
disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong with your phone after flashing these keyboards. Should something happen, please post and I will try to help you solve to the best of my ability.
If you like these, please hit the Thanks button. I do also ask kindly for any donation, but do not feel obligated to do so. You may also sign up for Dropbox through my referral link and get both of us a little extra space.

2.2.127-U1
Gingerbread Blackout Blue

Gingerbread Blackout Green

Gingerbread Blackout Orange

Gingerbread Blackout Pink

Gingerbread Blackout Red

Gingerbread Blackout White

Gingerbread Blackout Yellow

NEW Gingerbread Whiteout NEW

Install
  • Download the version you would like to use
  • Move the .zip to your phone (/sdcard)
  • Reboot into CWM Recovery (red or green)
  • Select 'install zip from sdcard'
  • Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
  • Find and select the .zip file
  • Select Yes - Install ...zip
  • Reboot
*It will seems like a lot of files are being deleted when installing. All that is happening is the update script is looking for any keyboard .apk that may interfere with the installation of Blackout.

···If the keyboard appears to not have installed; first, please post and let me know; second, you can try and delete GingerbreadKeyboard.apk and any ime-mtm-name-gingerbread.apk from /system/app and then reflash the .zip···

Change Log
2.2.127-U1
  • script updated for Bionix-V 1.3 compatibility

• settings force close fixed
  • should replace all keyboards that could interfere
  • installs as GingerbreadKeyboard.apk in /system/app
  • various minor tweaks

• smiley button now located on symbol keyboard only
  • .com .net etc. restored to @ symbol when appropriate

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to creator2456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift creator2456 Ad-Free

27th January 2011, 02:10 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,671

Donate to Me
More
Great work creator2456....
GingerRED users can expect the red one to be integrated into GingerRED v2.4..coming soon...meanwhile i'm gonna d/l this...thanks again
27th January 2011, 05:55 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston, Tx
Thanks Meter: 2,671

Donate to Me
More
also....creator, when i flashed this....the only way i could get it to work was to delete my stock GingerbreadKeyboard.apk and rename yours to GingerbreadKeyboard.apk....
was that the way it was supposed to be?
27th January 2011, 07:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Apocalypse

also....creator, when i flashed this....the only way i could get it to work was to delete my stock GingerbreadKeyboard.apk and rename yours to GingerbreadKeyboard.apk....
was that the way it was supposed to be?

No...the update script should delete any keyboard named GingerbreadKeyboard.apk along with most of Camalot's and My previous releases just to make sure there is no issue. I'll take a look at the script to make sure everything is spelled correctly and in it's place.

*edit*
Appears everything is kosher. Guess just need to see if other people have issues.
27th January 2011, 08:15 PM |#5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Hickory Hills IL
Thanks Meter: 135

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2456

No...the update script should delete any keyboard named GingerbreadKeyboard.apk along with most of Camalot's and My previous releases just to make sure there is no issue. I'll take a look at the script to make sure everything is spelled correctly and in it's place.

*edit*
Appears everything is kosher. Guess just need to see if other people have issues.

Hey, fyi, in my other keyboards, from now on, I name them GingerbreadKeyboard.apk so it will replace the existing one.
27th January 2011, 08:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camalot

Hey, fyi, in my other keyboards, from now on, I name them GingerbreadKeyboard.apk so it will replace the existing one.

Pretty easy solution...guess I'll get mine changed over to the new code base.

And once again I work on this then you push an update out right after...
27th January 2011, 09:29 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator2456

Pretty easy solution...guess I'll get mine changed over to the new code base.

And once again I work on this then you push an update out right after...

I hate continuing to post, but I shall

All versions updated to the current 2.2.127 code base.
27th January 2011, 10:23 PM |#8  
Flag St. Augustine, Florida
Thanks Meter: 212

Donate to Me
More
This is awesome you made a white version it goes great with my Sex Panther theme great job on these. Thanks button hit
28th January 2011, 02:13 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
For anyone that downloaded the Gingerbread Blackout Green that I had posted this afternoon, please redownload. I made a huge mistake and it had the blue graphics instead of green.
28th January 2011, 02:39 AM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thank you! That's exactly what happened to me

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
28th January 2011, 04:17 AM |#11  
Flag Orem, UT
Thanks Meter: 12

More
How do I go to another keyboard? I want to try the green keyboard from the thread posted at the top. It is the green one the op did.

xda app sgh t959
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)