FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[JAN 27][TMOUS][LEO1024][ROM/ZIP]HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1[1024 optimized by CaptainHakan]

435 posts
Thanks Meter: 83

By captainhakan, Senior Member on 27th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I love the new NAND CoreDroid DesireHD theme but recent NAND realease of Sergio is simply not optimised for our TMOUS LEO1024 devices. So it runs slower not using full capasity of LEO1024. I requested a TMOUS version of HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1 from Sergio in his own thread but i got no feedback at all. Besides of that we all know how flawless CMXYGO's DesireHD builds run on our TMOUS LEO1024 devices. So i tried to apply Sergio's HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1 theme on CMXYGO's Stock DesireHD build using droid explorer by overwriting framework-res.apk and app apk files. After lots of trial - denials i was finally succesful to make it to a point but it was still not fully themed as Sergio's HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1. So i decided to work on making a build based on Sergio's HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1 but using similiar partition logic from CMXYGO DesireHD builds.Result was magnificient!
So briefly this is the same HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1 from Sergio but optimised for TMOUS LEO1024 devices with no EXT partition support. This build stores everything on NAND with high cache usage. So i present you the build i am using on my LEO1024 at the moment.( Note: LEO512 users please do not flash this rom as u may not even boot it and even if you can boot it you will have no extra space for your apps)

I will keep this build updated if u guys enjoy it and give me some positive feedback for encouragement.

P.S. I know this is not a proper way to push a new thread but i got no time to do more at the moment. I will arrange this thread later when i have more spare time.

Zip Rom Download links: (All necessary files included)
CWR update links:
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to captainhakan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift captainhakan Ad-Free

27th January 2011, 03:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

More
You will not need your HD2 device untill step 8
1 Download the SD Card Formatter 3.0 From HERE http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/eula Install it on your pc
2 Take of your sdcard from the device and plug it directly on pc without cables etc...
3 Use sdcard formatter to format your sdcard to fat32. Use default settings
4 Don't unplug your sdcard from pc yet as you are gonna copy some files from your pc to it
5 Extract downloaded zip to a folder of your choice
6 Copy contents of copy_to_sd_root (initrd.gz and zImage) to the root of your sd card
7 Copy CoreDroid_HD_HD2_v.zip to the root of your sd card
You will need your HD2 device from step8 on
8 Once you are done with formating and copying 3 files on your sdcard unplug it from pc and plug it in HD2 device.
9 Boot into magldr by long pressing call end button and select USB Flasher option. Then connect your HD2 to your PC via usb cable
10 Run DAF.exe included in the zip and follow onscreen instructions.
11 After complete device will reboot in magldr. Plug the usb cable off and chose Boot AD SD option
You will not need to plug your HD2 device to PC via usb cable from this point on
12 Device will boot into Clockwork Recovery
13 Select install zip from sdcard
14 Select choose zip from sdcard
15 Select CoreDroid_HD_HD2_v file and then confirm
16 Wait for it too finish
17 After flash options pop up again Press back Key
18 select reboot system now
19 Let it boot wait about +-10Min Enjoy

Thank you and dont forget to leave a comment on XDA ENJOY
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to captainhakan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift captainhakan Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 04:36 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks for your work, I love sergio rom and if that is optimized for my TMOUs not doubt prove

I will comment further on how it works ...
The Following User Says Thank You to hechoencolombia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hechoencolombia Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 05:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up wow!
just jumped over from the original nand coredroid, so far increase of speed is incredible. been waiting for a tmous version and finaly got it thanks man!
ill keep you updated if there are any bugs, but so far so good. keep up the great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to barreg13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barreg13 Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 05:19 PM |#5  
Maryland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
MMS
How is the MMS issue on this build? Combining both wonderful builds, will we still get blurry MMS? I've tried almost every build and still get low quality and blurry images.

Thanks in advance!!!
27th January 2011, 05:24 PM |#6  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great! Tnx
27th January 2011, 05:30 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
so far the fastest and smot rom that I installed in my TMOUS

Thanks
27th January 2011, 06:08 PM |#8  
Flag Kharkov

More
20 minutes on black screen with green HTC title
27th January 2011, 06:10 PM |#9  
Flag Brooklyn Ny

More
hi, can you make a nand version of this?
27th January 2011, 06:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1972

hi, can you make a nand version of this?

.....Done! Next request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhakan

So i decided to work on making a build based on Sergio's HD2 CoreDroid DHD V1 but using similiar partition logic from CMXYGO DesireHD builds.Result was magnificient!

Did you change the rest of the settings related to TMOUS including gps.conf, apns-conf.xml, and DNS settings in build.prop?

EDIT: Checked out the files. You have the proper APNs. In /System/gps.conf change the europe to us and in /build.prop replace the DNS section with
net.ppp0.dns1=10.177.0.34
net.ppp0.dns2=216.155.175.105
net.dns1=10.177.0.34
net.dns2=216.155.175.105
net.dns3=216.155.165.50
The Following User Says Thank You to MagikWorx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MagikWorx Ad-Free
27th January 2011, 06:46 PM |#11  
Flag Brooklyn Ny

More
where is the nand download?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desirehd, hd2, leo1024, rom, tmous

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)