Change log in second post.
- ZTKC1 Base Rom - ANDROID 2.2.1
- Overcome Kernel v2.1.6 Included (OC/UV-capable)
- No Modem is included - due to a variety of personal preference I decided to leave that a la carte
- Fully Deodexed
- Fully Zipaligned
- Rooted with busybox installed
- Reboot/Recovery/Download options added to the power menu
- Battery icon modified to a colorful circle with percentage
- Smoked notification background
- Gallery replaced with Gallery3D from I9000 Gingerbread release
- Blur removed across system (i.e. behind power option menu) - significantly improves performance
- Power Off confirmation disabled
- GPS tweaks inspired by PlumbBob GPS fix for the Captivate by Rrryan2
- Added AppWidgetPicker
- Browser modified to allow for UAString modification - set default option to "Desktop"
- CSC set to XEU
- Ads Blocked
- Updated Market to 2.3.6
- Updated Maps to 5.3.1
- Updated Flash Player to 10.2
- Updated GMail to 2.3.4
- Updated YouTube to 2.1.6
- Updated SamsungApps
- Updated Thinkfree Office Suite
- Fixed Swype keyboard to show full screen
- Removed Startup/Shutdown sounds
- Cool boot animation
- A2DP Bluetooth Connection Fix Integrated
- WPA_Supplicant replaced to allow ad-hoc wifi connections
- "Fugutweak" integrated (two system bin's from Gingerbread - helps with overall smoothness)
- Locales from Euro rom merged with Asian rom (with the exception of Phone.apk and Mms.apk)
- Support RFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4
- OC/UV with these steps: 1.4ghz, 1.2ghz, 1ghz, 800mhz, 600mhz, 400mhz, 200mhz, 100mhz
- Compiled using Codesourcery 2010.09: Faster and more battery efficient
- Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
- Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
- Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker.../ext4-patches/
- Properly working Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency
- Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU
- Optimized compiler flags
- Voodoo Sound v8 (courtesy of supercurio)
- Voodoo Lagfix (courtesy of supercurio)
- Overcome CwM Recovery v184.108.40.206 (Custom built Clockworkmod v220.127.116.11)
- Simple I/O Scheduler added and set as Default
- Kernel tweaks to VM and Scheduler for better performance
- Built in CIFS/TUN/SlowWork support
- Full support of internal/external SD cards in Recovery
- RAM and Touchscreen Undervolting (courtesy Koxudaxi)
- LED patched to work with LED Flashlight apps (courtesy Koxudaxi)
- Read-ahead speed tweak applied to all file systems
ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- There are now two guides for the Overcome ROM/Kernel – The installation Guide & The Tips & Tweaks guide. Please follow the installation EXACTLY as it’s written for a smooth installation. It has 13 pages, so make sure you complete it exactly as described.
- The Tips & Tweaks Guide contains important information regarding the ROM/Kernel, especially the fixes on page 2. Please go through them as well.
KERNEL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- If you already have Clockworkmod Recovery, grab the flashable zip from this post and Install through clockwork.
- If you do NOT have Clockworkmod Recovery, grab the tar from this post and flash with ODIN.
- NEITHER of these installation methods will affect your data, although it is always wise to have a backup in the unlikely event of disaster
- If you have the desire to UV your kernel, please use this version of Voltage Control: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ybg2v4oqdtknn (Credit Koxudaxi - Rename the .zip to .apk and install!)
- In-call volume is low - THIS IS FIXED BY JMF MODEM. Please flash the JMF modem if you are experiencing low in-call volume
TWO ROMS?!? AGAIN?!
I know I know...my intention was to finally get back to one rom with merged locales, however merging the locales has not gone as smoothly as I hoped. So for now, I'm leaving both 1.4.5 and 1.6.1 available. 1.6.1+ has fully integrated locales so it shouldn't give nearly as many issues as 1.6.0 did, but I want to be sure before I remove stable 1.4.5 rom.
Overcome v1.6.4 Full Install - This will wipe all applications and settings! (Not SD-Cards though)
Download links are located in the install guide, which you can download here. Check it out!
Overcome v1.6.4 Updater - No data wipe - This is ONLY for users on 1.6.1 and higher. If you have anything lower You MUST install the full download w/wipe.
JMF Modem - For all GSM tabs except T-Mobile US!
JK3 Modem - Recommended modem for AT&T (US), Telcel (Mexico) & Telstra (Oz)
T-Mobile US Stock Modem
Overcome Kernel Source and initramfs v2.1.6
Overcome Recovery v18.104.22.168 Source
Install AOSP Gallery3D (For those of you who experience high battery drain from Gallery3D)
The best is yet to come!
If you are having problems, feel free to post in the thread below. HOWEVER, please specify what version of the rom/kernel you are running and what locale you are using!
And finally, if you like my work, consider donating to my coffee fund