based on AdamG's OpenDesire latest version
1) System is fully loaded into RAM, you will need to modify CWR flash.cfg and reflash partitions (read below)
2) You can't modify system via Root explorer or etc.
Read below how it can be done.
3) Uhm... nothing more.
4)Replace stock launcher with other btw, it's laggy even with this configuration sometimes
(ADW EX - my choice)
- clean, stock, fast and stable (should be stable :P)
- FM Radio
- easy system modifying
- ~15seconds boot time
- deodexed and zipaligned
- free space after install - about 250M on EU device
No screenshots, sorry... haven't you seen stock froyo?
2) Modify flash.cfg like this:
misc ya 1M recovery rrecov|ro|nospr filesize recovery-raw.img boot ya|boot|ro 100M system ya 15M cache ya 10M userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
4) Boot into recovery
5) Select Mounts and Storage > Mount USB Storage
DONT COPY ZIP USING MAGLDR, USE ONLY THIS WAY! (or cardreader)
6) Copy zip to SD card
7) Select Install zip from sdcard > Select zip from sdcard
8) Select uploaded zip, select yes, wait
9) Reboot, wait
So, to modify system:
1) Make .ramfs folder in root of your sd card
Download .ramfs folder if you can't create it
2) Now .ramfs acts like your /system, so create any files/folders you need to modify under .ramfs
Example: I need to modify framework-res.apk in /framework, here what I should do:
1) Copy .ramfs folder to sdcard root
2) Create framework folder in .ramfs
3) Copy framework-res.apk to framework folder
Don't delete .ramfs after you made this!
If you delete this folder, system will be restored to default state. (your modified files will be replaced with default ones)
.ramfs folder - http://imilka.googlecode.com/files/ramfs.rar
Okay... I think that's all I wanted to say
Happy using... Hope everything is OK... at least it was OK for me