FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

the BEST universal car mount out there

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By bdroc, Senior Member on 31st January 2011, 04:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i didn't see this posted anywhere, but it is hands down the best car mount out there...unless you use CDs for music

http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-MT5000...6490219&sr=1-1

im sure the first question would be whether it trips the autoload or not, which it does not, it isn't nearly long enough in probably 99.9% of car cd players

the thing is tight and doesn't wobble at all but can easily be removed if need be, oh and the bottom plate can be removed, so its just the two gripper thingies

its also at the perfect eye level (for me anyway: mitsubishi lancer), and doesnt obscure the view of the road at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdroc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdroc Ad-Free

31st January 2011, 04:54 PM |#2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Personally I use the Clingo vent mount and I think that its the BEST car mount ever! All you see is the phone not some bulky grips on the sides. These things work! Just my two cents! www.clingo.com
31st January 2011, 04:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

More
unfortunately due to the placement of my vents and the view obstruction (annoyance) of windshield ones, conventional mount locations are out of the question...ive seen that clingo before, and i agree it is a nice solution as well
1st February 2011, 04:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just bought a clingo right after I read this thread. And its awesome. Check out the youtube videos. The vibrant really sticks on harder than your crazy ex gf lol or a dog

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
1st February 2011, 06:11 AM |#5  

More
Mine is not a universal mount but one just for the vibrant. I have a huge extended battery on my vibrant. Since there was nothing available, I made a custom holster out of kydex that fits it like a glove, access to all buttons, speaker and camera lens (for times i want to film my bicyling). Impossible for it to pop out. You physically have to unclip it out of the holster to release it. I made it with a 1/4" thread on the back so I can use it anywhere you would mount a camera. I made a stand just for it in and my bluetooth keyboard in my van. It can adjust from vertical to horizontal very easily. When i go biking, the holster attaches to the handlebar mount I made. It will also fit any camera tripod.
3rd February 2011, 08:13 PM |#6  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 19

More
i bought this hoping to use it as a camera mount for track days with my car.

it was too shaky for my camera but if you just needed a mount for GPS or some other use, this worked very well with my phone in a TPU case. i found it for $12 on amazon
4th February 2011, 12:47 AM |#7  
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thanks Meter: 495

More
I purchased an Arkon megagrip for mine and was so pleased I ended up getting 2 more... 1 for my wife and 1 to use at work. It may have bulky pads on the side to hold it, but I know it will never let go unless I hit the release button. Perfect function and easy access to everything. Vent mounted in my car, dash mounted at work.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
11th February 2011, 02:15 PM |#8  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdroc

i didn't see this posted anywhere, but it is hands down the best car mount out there...unless you use CDs for music

Thank you for sharing this. I purchased one of these and you are correct...it's awesome!
11th February 2011, 03:06 PM |#9  
Flag Richardson, Tx
Thanks Meter: 568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad

Thank you for sharing this. I purchased one of these and you are correct...it's awesome!

Same sentiment here. The mount feels solid there is no wobble when im using it and it holds the Vibrant beautifully. Thank you for a solid find.
12th February 2011, 05:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
That looks interesting, but I'm thinking you'd be SOL with that bad boy and a headunit like mine.

I use one of these and it works perfect:
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IUH3-M...7489443&sr=8-1 It even opens wide enough to hold my 7" Tablet! Makes an AMAZING gps like that.
13th February 2011, 10:22 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdroc

http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-MT5000...6490219&sr=1-1

im sure the first question would be whether it trips the autoload or not, which it does not, it isn't nearly long enough in probably 99.9% of car cd players

the thing is tight and doesn't wobble at all but can easily be removed if need be, oh and the bottom plate can be removed, so its just the two gripper thingies

its also at the perfect eye level (for me anyway: mitsubishi lancer), and doesnt obscure the view of the road at all.

I'm in for one! but question. do i have to take out the cd in order to put this in?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)