Thanks Meter: 4,306

By fisha21, Senior Member on 1st February 2011, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2011, 10:31 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Mail'd won't work
Hi
The Mail'd App won't work on my Archos 101 with Archangel root :( I always get an error massage saying "network unreachable". Can anybody help me?
Thanks

13th March 2011, 12:07 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan

Hi
The Mail'd App won't work on my Archos 101 with Archangel root :( I always get an error massage saying "network unreachable". Can anybody help me?
Thanks

Why do ou need root for the mail'd app? I'v insyalled that following the normal sideload. and it works perfectly.
13th March 2011, 04:56 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi wdl1908
I didn't NEED root for that. I just wanted to say that my device has root - maybe it might have been an important Information. I tried it that way: Downloaded .rar file into download folder, unziped, startet the apk with astro file manager. Thema i could start the email setup for my account (pop3), but when I try to update my inbox it says that there is no internet connection - although my browser workes fine. Any ideas?
13th March 2011, 05:36 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan

Hi wdl1908
I didn't NEED root for that. I just wanted to say that my device has root - maybe it might have been an important Information. I tried it that way: Downloaded .rar file into download folder, unziped, startet the apk with astro file manager. Thema i could start the email setup for my account (pop3), but when I try to update my inbox it says that there is no internet connection - although my browser workes fine. Any ideas?

Nope sorry mine worked perfectly with imap.no problems updating the inbox or any folder for that matter. Have you tried another pop server maybe it's server related?
7th April 2011, 05:31 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi fisha21, Thanks so much for your beautiful edited NI Keyboard. I already had the NI keyboard installed and for functionality they can pry it off my cold dead fingers, but I am not feeling the love for the original color scheme.

Your installation instructions work perfectly for me with my other keyboard apps as I troubleshoot, but every time I try to install your keyboard.apk, the install fails. If you or someone else is able to tell me what I may be doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it. I love and want it badly! Thanks again.
7th April 2011, 09:25 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonfan

Hi fisha21, Thanks so much for your beautiful edited NI Keyboard. I already had the NI keyboard installed and for functionality they can pry it off my cold dead fingers, but I am not feeling the love for the original color scheme.

Your installation instructions work perfectly for me with my other keyboard apps as I troubleshoot, but every time I try to install your keyboard.apk, the install fails. If you or someone else is able to tell me what I may be doing wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it. I love and want it badly! Thanks again.

Thanks. I just downloaded the files and tried it again. If I try to install like a normal apk, it doesn't work. But if you just copy the apk to the system/app folder, and set permissions correctly, it works fine. Just long press on text entry box, and choose input method, then NI keyboard.

I'm guessing the apk doesn't install properly because I just copied and pasted the edited pngs, rather than recompiling the apk properly, so signature probably messed up. Will try and get time to sort that out.
9th April 2011, 09:34 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi again, Thanks for the reply. Hmm, that's what I kept trying and the install kept failing. I'll keep trying, and thanks for checking into the signature whenever you have time.
16th April 2011, 07:34 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member

More
Can you just describe exactly how you are trying to get this on your Gen 8 please?
18th April 2011, 10:29 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
regarding Mail'd , i'm getting "force close" every time i want to save attachment

can any one help on this ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)