Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[ROM][Updated 10/02/11] Higgsy_Modded_3.4.2_GB_Froyo_RC2

1,556 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By Higgsy, Senior Member on 1st February 2011, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Update 10/02/11:

For existing users of the ROM, flash the 2.2GB_NoCG_31_39.sbf (Link below). This will flash the rest of the ROM apart from the part that stops the ROM from being downgradable and system - Don't worry your ROM will be as it was before after flashing - you won't loose any data.

##CAN PEOPLE POST WHETHER THEY ARE HAVING GTALK/MARKET ISSUES PLEASE## Please also post if it is working ok for you

Back up after needing to sort out a few niggles and an issue with the rom including my Titanium backup license key. Now RC2.

Higgsy Modded 3.4.2 GB Froyo for Motorola Defy.

Fully working, no niggles ROM. Everything works. Its a blank canvas, All social networking blur stuff removed, some widgets, some other stuff.

Included:

Launcher Pro
Milestone Overclock
Titanium Backup
Widgetsoid2
Clockworkmod Recovery
Es File Explorer

Also:

Deodexed
Rooted/Busbox (Busybox installed in /system)
Over clock Script included with following freq/vsel 1000/52, 600/36, 300/26. (milestone overclock is not loaded as default - just go in and load module and set to apply on boot then forget about it)

Install process - this must be followed to the last letter - there is no variation so please don't ask.

If you have already followed the process to get onto a downgradable base, (i.e. you already flashed RC1, or, you followed the other thread Here then all you need to do is boot into clockworkmod, wipe data/cache and restore this. It will wipe everything again, sorry about that.

I never flashed a non downgradable .sbf before, such as 2.51 Eclair, or the GB/US Froyo, so can't vouch for whether it will work correctly on peoples devices that have done that, you should however just be able to flash the system/image if you've already got a 3.4.2 froyo base. If you have never either recieved the phone/flashed one of the undowngradable .sbfs, this process will ensure you keep you downgradibility.

Files Needed to complete This:

2.2 Chinese .sbf(Unzip the .sbf from the archive)
Higgsy_Modded_3.4.2_GB_Froyo_RC2 (Unzip and put folder in the sdcard/goapkrev/backup folder)
Superoneclick Root
Clockworkmod Recovery
2.2GB_NoGG_31_39.sbf(Unzip the .sbf from the archive)

1)Make a backup of all your apps with Titanium backup on your current ROM.
2)Boot into Stock recovery (Power On/Vol Down, then press bottom right hand corner of the screen when you see the warning sign) Then perform a data wipe.
3)Using RSD Lite flash the 2.2 Chinese ROM (Guide Here if you need it!)
4)Once the phone has rebooted, skip set up, root via superoneclick and then install clockworkmod recovery/apply.
5)Boot into Clockworkmod Recovery and wipe data/cache
6)Now got to backup/restore and restore the Higgsy_Modded_3.4.2_GB_Froyo.
6)Important! Once the restore is complete pull the battery, as you are reconnecting the battery hold volume up, so that it goes straight into bootloader.
7)Once in bootloader flash the 2.2GB_NoCG_31_39.sbf by RSD Lite
8)Once the above is completed it should reboot and you are done

PLEASE READ:

I don't recommend restoring settings via titanium backup, only apps/app data, in the past I have done this and found it problematic. I suggest to redo your settings manually.

If you want to use setvsel (as it now works fine with froyo) you need to remove the setscaling scripts I put in for overclock and also milestone overclock. Setscaling scripts are located: /system/xbin/setscaling.sh + /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

If you report a bug I need to know what roms /things you have flashed before, there are too many variables, most notably if you been on non downgradable roms

Enjoy!!!

Thanks go to:

Sorensiim - Hosting all my files
mcm_xyz - for the haptics fix
Bizzaboy - for info on updating media profiles, so improving video recording
Authors of all the apps included in here, donate or buy the full versions they are worth it!

Further updates I intend to release as update.zip's, looking at themes, bugfixes (even though there aren't any that I can find) etc etc...... Please don't pester me for these, I do it as a hobby and sometimes don't have time for days to do things.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Higgsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Higgsy Ad-Free

1st February 2011, 04:29 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Smethvegas

More
Change log:

03/02/11

RC2 release
Removed my TI Backup license that I had inadvertently included
Removed various info from the data.img, that I believe could have been cuasing some of the niggly issues people were having.

01/02/11

RC1 Initial Release
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Higgsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Higgsy Ad-Free
NU_User
1st February 2011, 05:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
fantastic work !!!! will try after i'm gone from work
1st February 2011, 05:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
+1 looking forward to trying after work today
1st February 2011, 05:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
how to edit the overclock script ?
my phone could run on 1000@45 , 800@38, 600@31 , 300@25 very stable
1st February 2011, 05:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Smethvegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 008325

how to edit the overclock script ?
my phone could run on 1000@45 , 800@38, 600@31 , 300@25 very stable

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=880851
1st February 2011, 07:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 572

Donate to Me
More
Hey higgsy, i didn't flash your ROM yet but i have a question
At the moment I have a Defy which is on 2.34, and I didn't upgrade yet because i NEED a downgradable ROM (for warranty reasons, the DE version is still at 2.21)

now thanks to your tutorial, i can upgrade to froyo while being able to downgrade to the official 2.21 if needed, but here's my question:
what happens if i nand restore a different ROM based on the 3.42 UK rom (like HandlerExploit's upcoming Vanilla version), will I still be able to downgrade?
(e.g. does restoring a backup WITHOUT flashing a new sbf make your device undowngradable?)
1st February 2011, 07:46 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Smethvegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozgatg

Hey higgsy, i didn't flash your ROM yet but i have a question
At the moment I have a Defy which is on 2.34, and I didn't upgrade yet because i NEED a downgradable ROM (for warranty reasons, the DE version is still at 2.21)

now thanks to your tutorial, i can upgrade to froyo while being able to downgrade to the official 2.21 if needed, but here's my question:
what happens if i nand restore a different ROM based on the 3.42 UK rom (like HandlerExploit's upcoming Vanilla version), will I still be able to downgrade?
(e.g. does restoring a backup WITHOUT flashing a new sbf make your device undowngradable?)

Its flashing the sbf what locks you out of being undowngradable. simply restoring a system and/or data partition should not cause an issue. Ask the authors of the other ROMs, I can't comment on what effect there releases will have on your phone.
1st February 2011, 08:25 PM |#9  
Flag Uberlândia
Thanks Meter: 71

More
could we have some screens?
1st February 2011, 08:39 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Smethvegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianowerner

could we have some screens?

Screens are pointless mate, its a blank canvas there is no theming etc. the screens in my 2.2 CN thread are pretty much the same
1st February 2011, 10:21 PM |#11  
Flag Lincoln UK
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Looks nice,
so far running very smooth every thing ive tested and works well as far as i can tell!!
although I cannot got into recovery just get a black screen
Overall very nice cheers!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)