Changelog v1.3 (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download nandroid image here or mirror
Changelog v1.2b (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download patch here
- xavwanted's libOMX and MediaGallery.apk which seems to fix HD recording and playback
- Riley600's interactive governor fix
- callwaiting fix
- kousik's mount-o typo fix
- Mioze7Ae move /oc to /system/oc
- bootanim by helmi666
- Email.apk replacement
Changelog v1.2a (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download nandroid image here
- fixes problems with callwaiting functionality.
If you do see many FC's its a symptom of not having done factory reset, so this should indicate whether you need to do it or not.
- 720P recording fix
- re-added old MediaGallery as Camera app requires it.
- there can be possible hickups with mediascanning (so you know)
Changelog v1.2 (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download nandroid image here
- fixed mediascanner issuePatch update Changelog v1.1b (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download patch here
- removed old mediagallery (not supported) , now only Gallery3D available.
- removed VoiceCommands app, cpu intensive and taking much storage.
Note, due to the bug in mediascanner and decoding and on top ext2sd support, quadrant benchmarks drastically drops when ext2 is enabled, if the sdcard is not a class6 or higher.. but media decoding bug alone caused incorrect reportings, so dont be surprised when you test now.
Its a full nandroid for new and existing users. if you're using 1.1+ you do not need to WIPE settings, just restore nandroid and reboot, signatures will be recalculated and bootup takes maybe little more, but it works fine.
- HDMI added to settings menu, let me know how it works (not tested)
- different proximity sensor module (tested with z-devicetester seems better)
- facebook fix still included.
- Support for loading overclock module at startup.
- apps2ext partition support , will mount at startup if a 2nd partition is found.
its not advanced, so you need ext2/ext3 partition for now.
NOTE: Patches goes into /OpenRecovery/updates and is applied in openrecovery menu "apply update".
Changelog v1.1a (Android v2.2.1 edition) Download nandroid v1.1a link
- Based on 2.2.1 milestone framework leakChangelog v1.1 (Android v2.2 edition) Download v1.1 link
- Sync facebook is working
- Lockscreen is new (Blur like)
- see this link for framework theme's.
- fixed: OCR camera function currently FC (crash) (Mobireader.apk added)
- fixed: Contacts apk will be replaced in next update.
- fixed: HDMI through media player
- fixed: /mnt/sdcard mount issue
If you want stock korean 2.2 with just english language and working sensors, download this nandroid dump, if you will probably need the 1.1 including recovery.apk to install this the easy way.See this post, if you wish to restore a stock rom, or to enable apps2sd filesystem on sdcard
but else follow instructions in my other releases, and put nandroid backup into the /nandroid/openrecovery folder and restore using OpenRecovery.
Make sure sdcard is visible, when you get to step 6 of instructions, or it all fails, same with restore..
A: users with stock 2.1 can proceed to step 1 in instructions.
B: users with stock SBF korean 2.2 rom , need to flash stock 2.1 and goto step 1
C: Users with 1.1+ of rom with OpenRecovery , can skip WIPE and factory reset, and a restore of the new nandroid backup included in the download link, and goto step 8 (and skip step 9 for factory reset)
- root it (SuperOneClick ) - included with zip
- install OpenRecovery , use included apk.
- reboot phone once
- copy the folder "nandroid" to root directory of your sdcard.
- Make sure sdcard is not attached to pc using "mass storage share" to pc.
- Run OpenRecovery app and "install Recovery".
- Press Boot recovery
- restore the backup "stock22xxxx"
- wipe / factory reset in OpenRecovery
Issues reported by users in v1.2a:
- Radio FM volume cannot change.
- MediaGallery does not do videoplayback
Issues reported by users in v1.0:
- Radio FM volume cannot change.
- Sync account option for facebook / Twitter is not added in settings when account is configured.
- Camera language not going to change (its korean app, so not support for other langs)
- LEDS do work, its sensors that makes them go off/on (no need to report this anymore)
Please don't keep asking the following question directed to me, public or via PM;
- Can you include language XXXXXXXX .
- Can you teach me how to do custom roms
- will you include RTL for hebrew
- will you make other roms like cyanogen,htc etc..
for new users unable to write in public forums, i cannot answer all your PM's personally, as that gets to be a quite a few per day and many monthly...i am not a support central for xt720 community..i simply don't have that kind of time available.