Surely at some point we have all gone to pick up our x10's and seen nothing on the screen and a blinking red led when you try to turn it on.
Immediatly thoughts of Phone Death and End of the World will undoubtably echo through our minds. Fear not!
Well, this happened to me on the weekend again (a few times now) so i thought i'd try a few different ways of getting it back up again and i think i nailed it first go
1. Yank battery out
2. connect charger and wait for green charging led
3. insert battery and wait for charging icon to appear in screen* (SE logo first, then Charging screen)
4. power phone on with cable still connected. Phone will boot as normal and continue charging.
5. celebrate avoidance of mobile technology isolation with a few cold ones
Hope that helps someone!
* For what its worth, i am running Zdzihu's 2.2 Beta4, but i think this should work on most. Only thing that might be different would be the charging icon does not appear on some ROMS. That i cannot answer but is probably worth a shot anyway