FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] DEFY ClockworkMod Recovery - 2.5.1.8

271 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By kb7sqi, Senior Member on 7th February 2011, 05:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
Rumor has it I picked up a DEFY last week. Most people in the community know me for my work on the cliq/backflip/cliqxt. It's been quite some time since I posted any mods/work here on XDA so here we go. First I'd like to say thanks to Koush & Tenfar for the work they've done. They laid the ground work. I simply needed/wanted to improve on it more. I wanted to include the latest 2.5.1.x version since it has some bug fixes/new features also. So here you go. This recovery includes the latest 2.5.1.8 ClockworkMod Recovery, fixed fix_permssions script, and updated adb that allows root access when using adb shell. All your backups, downloads will reside in the clockworkmod directory on your sdcard just like a standard clockworkmod recovery. If you haven't noticed the fix_permissions script don't run properly via the recovery on the DroidX/Droid2/Defy. I simply fixed the script so it does work properly. Thanks again to both Koush & Tenfar. I'm looking into resolving the problem when you have USB debugging enabled you can't boot into recovery mode properly. This release still has that issue, just FYI. If you choose to use this version over Tenfar's, you'll need to un-install his version, install this one, & choose the option to install recovery once. After that, it's works the same way. Take care.

UPDATE: I've uploaded a new version to my 4shared as well as included it here. This new version simply adds a power off option to the menu & was a quick attempt to try to resolve the USB debugging option. I'll give it another try when I have time, until then, I hope you like having the option to power off your Defy from the recovery menu. I've also provided a link to the original version. Take care.

Steve, kb7sqi

Edit: Due to requests, I'm re-adding the link for this updated version. While I do have plans to come back to #android soon, until then, this will be unsupported by me till then. I'm glad it's been useful to others. Take care.

Latest Version:

Older version:

http://goo.gl/NtsTV

Steve
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to kb7sqi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kb7sqi Ad-Free

7th February 2011, 05:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
Great work! Will try it out asap.
7th February 2011, 05:28 AM |#3  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 12

More
installed seems to be working fine btw whats key test?
7th February 2011, 05:35 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1dew1nder

installed seems to be working fine btw whats key test?

It's does exactly what it sounds like. It simply returns the "key" value when you touch keys/buttons on your phone. It's handy if you're wanting to update a recovery to use certain keys if your phone has them. Perfect example, on the cliqxt the phone has a touch pad. So in the version I created for it, instead of needing to use the volume up/down, you could also use the touchpad for up/down/select as well. Take care.

Steve
7th February 2011, 05:44 AM |#5  
Flag Bristol

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7sqi

It's does exactly what it sounds like. It simply returns the "key" value when you touch keys/buttons on your phone. It's handy if you're wanting to update a recovery to use certain keys if your phone has them. Perfect example, on the cliqxt the phone has a touch pad. So in the version I created for it, instead of needing to use the volume up/down, you could also use the touchpad for up/down/select as well. Take care.

Steve

thanks for the answer dude, just did a back up with it all went well only diff was it made a new folder btw it will restore older back ups right?
7th February 2011, 05:49 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7sqi

Steve

How can I can quit key test?
Power+VolUp results in a black screen.
7th February 2011, 05:55 AM |#7  
Flag Bristol

More
pull the bat?
7th February 2011, 05:57 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

pull the bat?

that's what i did. but would've been nice to have long press (power button) to quit instead of battery-pull.

Ah, well, wouldn't need to use it twice anyway.

I'm gonna try restoring an older img, report back in a few.
7th February 2011, 07:07 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Carolina

More
Quote:

thanks for the answer dude, just did a back up with it all went well only diff was it made a new folder btw it will restore older back ups right?

Yeah, you should be able to restore other nandroid backups.
7th February 2011, 07:11 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by racca

How can I can quit key test?
Power+VolUp results in a black screen.

You guys do know you don't have to pull the battery out right? You can hold down volume down button & hit the power button to turn the phone off while in the recovery. When you power the phone on, it'll boot up like normal. Take care.

Steve
7th February 2011, 07:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Restore doesn't work. "can't find directory"

I will switch back to the old version

Andy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)