626 posts
Thanks Meter: 482

By brianf21, Senior Member on 8th February 2011, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Instruction:

Download Image Here

Code:
MD5 6c1a472b37b41216067a365cc113c473
Copy image to sdcard using WinImage. The sdcard has to be at least 1 GB. Under the disk menu, choose your sdcard then under disk menu again choose restore. If the disk is in use, you will not be able to copy the image to the card. Eject the card then try again. Avoid opening or automounting the card because winimage will see the card as being in use again.

Shutdown the Nook Color

Put sdcard in the Nook Color and press the power button

Press the volume down button so you highlight the "- apply update from sdcard"

Press the "N" physical button to selected the highlighted option

Press the volume down button so you highlight the "- Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip"

At this point, it will apply the sideload_update to your device

Use the volume down button to highlight "- mounts and storage"

Use the volume down button to highlight "- format data"

Use the volume down button to highlight "- Yes - Format"

Use the volume down button to highlight "- format cache"

Use the volume down button to highlight "- Yes - Format"

Press the button button to return to main menu

Take out sdcard

Press the "N" physical button to select "- reboot system now"

After it has been reboot you will get an "Install Failed" message. Shutdown and reboot one more time and you are back to stock

---------- Older Image that uses dd ----------
Older Stock 1.1.0 (Use the link above) <--- This deploys dd images of /system and /boot.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to brianf21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brianf21 Ad-Free
8th February 2011, 04:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Curses just used the stock 1.0.1 img an sideloading 1.1 as we speak -_-

This will be sooo much nice-er then having to set nook drivers back from adb to drag the update over.
8th February 2011, 06:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Would it be plausible to cut /boot out of this (or something?) and flash it from the CWR on the eMMC?
9th February 2011, 03:28 AM |#4  
Flag MADtown, WI
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
This image is a life saver!!! Very nice. Kodos to all the parties that put this together.
9th February 2011, 03:31 AM |#5  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,191

More
Nice one, I'm grabbing this for when I start experimenting with stuff on eMMC
9th February 2011, 04:29 AM |#6  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Process went well. During the first boot, got the rectangle with message failed to install but was fine after another reboot. About the disk capacity, i'm not sure why I only have 3.7 gig left? prior to running this image, I used to have the dual boot (regular 2.1 and the nokiefroyo). Any thoughts? Again thanks for this image.
9th February 2011, 04:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Torrent for stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip
I created a torrent for stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip. With enough seeders this should be much faster than multiupload. Also, here's an MD5 checksum for the file brianf21 put on multiupload.com:

Code:
MD5 (stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip) = ea5ca2acc5067edfed49e694149d0e9e
If you have already downloaded the file and your MD5 checksum matches, please seed the torrent.
Attached Files
File Type: txt stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip.torrent.txt - [Click for QR Code] (39.9 KB, 623 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Vid. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vid. Ad-Free
9th February 2011, 06:46 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf21

Instruction:

Download image

Burn to sdcard

Boot Nook using sdcard

Flash internal memory using the zip on the sdcard

Format data and cache from "mounts and storage"

Remove sdcard

Reboot

This is NOT rooted. Post any problems!

http://www.multiupload.com/8ODDMTYPIY

Quick question on this...is this the full update? I.E. if I have CWR installed in my recovery partition, will this replace it with stock recovery and system? Just wondering if this restores fully stock so that eight boot failures will reset the system again.

I know there are other posts on how to do this, but this seems the most convenient.
10th February 2011, 12:08 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Davie, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschneid

Quick question on this...is this the full update? I.E. if I have CWR installed in my recovery partition, will this replace it with stock recovery and system? Just wondering if this restores fully stock so that eight boot failures will reset the system again.

I know there are other posts on how to do this, but this seems the most convenient.

The eight failed boots should start the recovery procedure. I am not sure if it will work with your setup though.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianf21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brianf21 Ad-Free
10th February 2011, 12:10 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Davie, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid.

I created a torrent for stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip. With enough seeders this should be much faster than multiupload. Also, here's an MD5 checksum for the file brianf21 put on multiupload.com:

Code:
MD5 (stock-1.1.0-CWR.zip) = ea5ca2acc5067edfed49e694149d0e9e
If you have already downloaded the file and your MD5 checksum matches, please seed the torrent.

I will start seeding as well. Thanks!
10th February 2011, 04:23 AM |#11  

More
Worked great! I had flashed my NC with Nookie Froyo. Everything was working well until one day when it just wouldn't turn on. The only way I could get it to boot was from an SD card. Threw this guy in and restored everyting back.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)