FORUMS

Accidentally deleted APN settings and can't connect to Data

179 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By riceknight, Senior Member on 10th February 2011, 08:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Was toying with random toggle widgets and 3g data stopped working. I accidentally hit reset to default in the hidden APN settings and it just deleted everything?

Can anyone help me with APN settings or a simple solution? Thanks mucho.
10th February 2011, 07:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Did you try updating your profile by going to settings -> about phones ->system updates ->update profile ?

If that doesn't work do you know specifically what settings you need? For example, do you need dsa server, mmsc, etc? I might be able to tell you the settings I have.
The Following User Says Thank You to bgydwnbx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bgydwnbx Ad-Free
10th February 2011, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Updating profile doesn't work, it just gives an error. Funny enough, my 4g works fine.

Need a whole giant list of things though I was hoping their would be an easier way

Name
APN
Proxy
Port
user name
Password
Server
MMSC
MMS proxy
MMS port
MCC
MNC
Authentication type
APN type
10th February 2011, 10:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,668

More
Go back to DI18 via Odin, update Profile + PRL, then odin back to DK28, then reflash whatever ROM you were using.
11th February 2011, 02:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Overstew... I'm on syndicate, so I don't have those options above. I tried looking elsewhere but couldn't find anything either regarding those"default" settings.
12th February 2011, 08:13 AM |#6  
Flag El Paso
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
if you know your msl try doing a data restore, ##3282#, it should restore it back to defaults, but your device might not go through the ota programing
12th February 2011, 09:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Does anyone know if there is a way to back up those pesky hidden settings just in case something bad happen to your phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceknight

Updating profile doesn't work, it just gives an error. Funny enough, my 4g works fine.

Need a whole giant list of things though I was hoping their would be an easier way

Name
APN
Proxy
Port
user name
Password
Server
MMSC
MMS proxy
MMS port
MCC
MNC
Authentication type
APN type

10th February 2018, 10:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got a HTC u11 and I accidentally deleted the apn settings and it won't allow me to add anything except the apn but no other settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)