[Q] where do i find the update.zip file on my phone?

Search This thread
Dec 14, 2010
????

and where can i download it from because that seems to be the problem im having with my phone, the file appears to not exist according to the error messages im getting

Dec 14, 2010
your not making sense... have you downloaded an update.zip file ?? if so did u put it at the root of your internal sd card ??

im a bit confused myself. i updated my phone to froyo via odin the other day and since then ive had force close loops and been unable to use any apps. when i boot into recovery mode and apply sdcard:update.zip as i was advised i get this message:

E:failed to open /mnt/internal_sd/update.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

i assumed this was a file that was already supposed to be on my phone. i also assumed this was the reason im having the force closes as i am unable to format my sd card or delete anything from it.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Normal method is download to PC Connect phone in USB mass storage mode and transfer file to Phone sd card as update . Might need to rename the file if not update .
Power phone on via Recovery mode and navigate clockwork recovery to update.zip .

jje

surya_mca

Jan 29, 2011
Mumbai
please can anyone help???????

please can anyone help???????

dud first download any ROM(like Darky i prefer or DOC) and keep the file in your internal sdcard say in /sdcard/download.

Then goto recovery mode and install from sdcard-> choosed zip from sdcard-> then card to the zip file location /sdcard/download, then select the file and instal.
you can move to folders using ur volume up and down key.

You can find ROM's in [URL="http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=665"/URL]

Enjoy..

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
First step would be to read the FAQs as you are trying to start at the middle instead of the beginning .

What exactly are you trying to achieve .

jje

Likewyse!

Signature error is caused by trying to install an unsigner update.zip on recovery 3e. if you want help you should:
FIRST: read FAQS and Walktrough. When you read and understand them, you may proceed to doing what you want.
SECOND: Take time to WRITE every informations needed, like your GOALS and what has been done as of yet.
Asking for "update.zip" is like going to the garage and asking for an oil filter without telling the make, brand and year of your car. You might end up with an oil filter for a compressor instead of what you need.
THIRD: Don't do anything until you trully understand what you are doing. Or you might end up bricking your device (and blaming samsung for it?!)