Remove All Ads from XDA

New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

299 posts
Thanks Meter: 108

By casacristo, Senior Member on 14th February 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
---------------------------------------------------------------
1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
Go launcher EX in DATA
minor updates
removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
minor bug fixes
minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/138027...stall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to casacristo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift casacristo Ad-Free

14th February 2011, 09:07 PM |#2  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx Good job
14th February 2011, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
glad you like it!
I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2SHYAlien

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx Good job

The Following User Says Thank You to casacristo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift casacristo Ad-Free
14th February 2011, 10:13 PM |#4  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language Did you make All Languge version?
The Following User Says Thank You to X46X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift X46X Ad-Free
14th February 2011, 10:24 PM |#5  
Flag KC,MO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Where is the kernel stored at? I'm still new to this whole idea. Can I just put this on my SD card and dual boot into this or not?
14th February 2011, 10:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i have 2 issues:
1. Artifacts on screen
2. home screen doesn't show.
kaiser
error msg:
The application Setup Wizard (proecess com.androidsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectly. Please try again.
15th February 2011, 07:01 AM |#7  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
On my Kaiser everything work fine. For now cant test sync with google maybe later will try.
15th February 2011, 07:35 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The kernel is meant for installing android on the NAND of your phone (so bye bye windows mobile if you do that.
You should follow a haret guide (that is for dual booting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymild

Where is the kernel stored at? I'm still new to this whole idea. Can I just put this on my SD card and dual boot into this or not?

15th February 2011, 07:36 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
did you erase your DATA partition and the dalvik cache?
The dalvik cache you need to delete when you alter your SYSTEM partition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by technixp

i have 2 issues:
1. Artifacts on screen
2. home screen doesn't show.
kaiser
error msg:
The application Setup Wizard (proecess com.androidsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectly. Please try again.

15th February 2011, 08:25 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language Did you make All Languge version?

The Following User Says Thank You to casacristo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift casacristo Ad-Free
15th February 2011, 08:38 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Out of curiosity, did you set the language in your kaiser to Bulgarian?
(I have only tried English and Spanish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2SHYAlien

On my Kaiser everything work fine. For now cant test sync with google maybe later will try.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, kaiser, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)