FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NES / XNA] Super smooth NES-Emulator

569 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

By fiinix, Retired Recognized Developer on 15th February 2011, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After surfing at XDA i saw this thread about NES emulator found (here) and tried it out, but soon discovered it fps'ed slow, so i created another clone of from another engine "SharpNES".

The SharpNES actualy runs faster without fps hack i did (2 CPU update, 1 CPU Draw) and gain enormous speed.
  • No sound (like the other one that i know of)
  • Only one game (Super Mario Bros 3)...
  • No save

XNA is hard to make a GUI as advanced as Silverlight so no game-change or save

Well i hope you like it

__ Zip in attatch -> rename as ".xap" and deploy

*edit - added source (forgot)
Attached Files
File Type: zip WP7 - NES Emulator.zip - [Click for QR Code] (307.4 KB, 4682 views)
File Type: zip WP7 - NES Emulator (SOURCE).zip - [Click for QR Code] (888.2 KB, 2533 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fiinix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fiinix Ad-Free

15th February 2011, 05:41 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Wow runs very nice!
15th February 2011, 05:52 PM |#3  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 0

More
good job mate
15th February 2011, 06:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good!
Great job! It's amazing!
16th February 2011, 02:22 AM |#5  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Oh man, you gotta keep working on this; this is fantastic.
16th February 2011, 06:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Have to say, great job. No slowdown at all. Are you going to continue to develop this or collaborate with some of the other devs working on NES emulators?

I can't wait till there's a final version. Zelda needs another visit!
16th February 2011, 07:15 PM |#7  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
I will continue for this project, but this was a small in between job because i could not stand the other emulator (just freaked me out, making my brain explode of all the lagg). My cause of small pause is that im developing a real marketplace app at the time so thats priority 1, although im 75% done with that, later i will update (if not anyone wants to provide an UI under the time).

Zelda, yes, for those that have VS2010 can just recompile it with ".nes" file of any game and change "LoadCart( ... ) in UpdateMenu()", although tested zelda and it runs fast ... slow ... fast ... slow ?!?!

"Are you going to continue to develop this or collaborate with some of the other devs working on NES emulators?"

> Just doing what i like most, dev in Wp7
16th February 2011, 07:35 PM |#8  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I wouldn't mind helping with the graphics. I used to use photoshop quite extensively until I stopped for awhile. I'm not sure how the developer tools for WP7 handles certain images (or calls for them I should say), but I can help if need be. I created some graphics for the Gameboy Color emulator on the Zune HD. I get ****loads of homework so I can't commit to doing a lot though.
16th February 2011, 07:55 PM |#9  
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
"I get ****loads of homework so I can't commit to doing a lot though."
Sure, me to :/ Just 17 so.. that makes me go to school + programming..

But as i said, got a priority 1 app that i will sell @ marketplace, so this will wait a while. sry.

Glad u asked.
17th February 2011, 03:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
what the frick... I cant for the life of me change the file format from .zip to .xap.... I'm using windows 7 and I have winrar installed.. no matter what I do it stays as a .zip file... any advice here guys? Can someone just upload the .xap file?

This is ridiculous... I feel like I'm retarded haha
17th February 2011, 09:33 AM |#11  
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron McCarthy

what the frick... I cant for the life of me change the file format from .zip to .xap.... I'm using windows 7 and I have winrar installed.. no matter what I do it stays as a .zip file... any advice here guys? Can someone just upload the .xap file?

This is ridiculous... I feel like I'm retarded haha

Un yeah. U need to make file extensions visible by pressing [Alt] in the directory and go [Tools] > [Folder Options] > [View] > [Hide extensions from known files], then ur good to go and rename it.
The Following User Says Thank You to fiinix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fiinix Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xna nes wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)