FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Disable Camera Sound CM7

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By mikeyfg, Senior Member on 15th February 2011, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there a way to disable the camera shutter sound on CM7 without the obvious ( turning the phone on silent)? I can't find a setting like in the sense camera app

15th February 2011, 07:45 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando, Florida
Thanks Meter: 771

More
You can use your favorite file management app (make sure to mount /system as R/W) or adb to delete or rename the following file:

/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfg

Is there a way to disable the camera shutter sound on CM7 without the obvious ( turning the phone on silent)? I can't find a setting like in the sense camera app

The Following User Says Thank You to nivron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nivron Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 05:41 PM |#3  
Flag Nong Prue
Thanks Meter: 87

More
using Root Explorer, in R/W mode, i can delete camera_click.ogg (or rename it), but it just comes right back. thoughts?
21st February 2011, 05:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Use Tasker and have it turn off system sounds when camera app is open. Works wonders for me.

Also Tasker is perfect for turning my ringer down during work hours, putting phone on Airplane mode in the middle of the night (i average 1-3% battery drop over 8 hours of sleep) and disabling the lockscreen while plugged into power. It's a great program and worth the few bucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to GatoEnFuego For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GatoEnFuego Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 02:35 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
use root explorer and copy camera_click.ogg and then use ringdroid or another audio adjustment app to shorten the track to almost nothing or make it a silent audio track and drop it back in the right system folder. worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to sedracer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sedracer Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 06:21 PM |#6  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
ringdroid doesn't support .oog filetypes as of yet. I like the idea though...

Any 1 know of an editor that does?
now that I seen this thread the camera sound gets on my nerves

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......
22nd February 2011, 07:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
With your phone or computer, make a one second or so silent audio file in either wav or mp3. Look at the properties of the camera_click.ogg to find out what bitrate and sample rate it is. Find a free audio converter program that can go to ogg. Set the encoding parameters to similar of the original ogg file. Rename the original ogg to something else and name the new file exactly the same as the original file. It works, I've done it many times before.

I've also had crashes in the program like camera or camcorder if the sound file is missing.
22nd February 2011, 11:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdog420

ringdroid doesn't support .oog filetypes as of yet. I like the idea though...

Any 1 know of an editor that does?
now that I seen this thread the camera sound gets on my nerves

Swyped from a galaxy far far away......

Use Tasker...
9th March 2011, 05:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
> /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
18th March 2011, 08:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I just used Root Explorer to rename the file:

/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

to

/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg.old

Works fine. Although that just silences the actual shutter sound, the phone still makes the beeps after done auto-focusing. Any ideas on that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)