41 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By InfiniteImmortal, Member on 15th February 2011, 11:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2011, 01:23 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great Topic..but..
What if its stolen and the phone is off? Is there commands to turn it on. The reason why Im thinking this could be done, is because I have a spare phone i use (nokia c3) , when the phone is off the alarm will still ring. It scared me the other morning lol.
Now I do not know much about this stuff but I wonder if it could be done, maybe it cant, but since this cheap 50$ phone can do something similar it gave me hope!
If it cant, what about a sms to put the phone into a deep sleep so whomever stole the phone actuallly thinks its off. Thats if they dont pull the battery. because even with a screen lock you can still turn it off..I dont like that.

22nd March 2011, 02:03 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizz0wn3d

You should probably have taker already anyways. It's a beast.

Herp derp Captivate XDA App

I completely agree! I admit that at first Tasker can seem very daunting, but if you take the time to learn how to use or just experiment with it, you'll learn that it is incredibly powerful.
4th March 2013, 01:52 PM |#33  

More
Hey, I dunno if you still use this thing but i lost my andriod a couple days ago and i've been trying to track it through google lattitude but... im having no such luck of finding the bastard. I'm usuing my google account to track him. I think hes taken out my sim card and even still he cant use it cause i turned it off. so do you think theres anyway i could hack his new sim or something or trace it and then use that thing your talking about to raid it X_X would be super helpful! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizz0wn3d

Let me know and I can send you the profile I use. It makes the phone talk (alerting them that gps is being remotely enabled to track the phone down) and sends a confirmation text to the number that activates the gps. Then you can use "wheres my droid" or whatever else to track that S.O.B. down.
:P

Edit: Speellieng

Herp Derp Captivate XDA

4th March 2013, 09:04 PM |#34  
Flag Oakland, CA
Thanks Meter: 462

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Remote GPS Activation / SMS GPS Enabler
Maybe call your carrier and see if they can poll for the phone's imei number, if you or they have it. It will be on the phone's packaging box if you got it new.

And when you get it back, or next phone, I recommend that you give avast anti-theft or similar app a try. When the sim card is changed, it will send an sms alert to friends you specify in setup, then lock the phone until you send an unlock command or the correct 6 digit pin is entered on the phone.

It's also got a command to completely wipe the phone, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to laughingT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laughingT Ad-Free
17th December 2013, 03:24 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Anyone know of a way to enable GPS via SMS on a Samsung Galaxy S3? Is this possible with root access?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
19th October 2017, 06:39 AM |#36  

More
Hello! So, I got 2 phones(no pun intended or whatsoever related to song). They are T-Mobile cells. One is locked due to non payment of bill, the other was bought out right. Just upgraded to a new phone. To make a long and complicated story short. The travel trailer that I was temporarily living in was "broken" into and my 2 phones we're taken along with colored pens. The reason I say "broken" into the way I do is because it was CLEARLY a "staged" break in. I had wayyyyy more valuables out in plain sight(I. e. $4500 24 kt. Diamond wedding ring set and other jewelry) for the "robbers" to steal. But instead they take colored pens and two cell phones. I have tried to locate both phones through google's find phone app., but it can't locate. I ALWAYS keep my GPS on, even on ones that no longer have service b/c I can still use them through wi-fi connect. Being that I can't locate my phones, I can only assume that they are turned off and the location /GPS is also off. My question is this? Does Google have a remote service that can turn the GPS on from my new phone so that I can catch and prosecute the idiots who did this? Quick, prompt, patient, and accurate responses. I very desperate! Thanks [email protected]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
activation, enabler, gps, remote, sms

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)