#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire HD (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod 3 Recovery.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!
The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.
Latest version: 7.0.3-DesireHD - 06/05/2011
Also available for download via ROM Manager
The 7.0.3 update is *ONLY* for people using 7.0.2* stable builds. You'll hose your system if you install it on a nightly from the last week (2.3.4/GRJ22).
Battery drain issue
Desire HD only: Older Radio have know issue which drain faster on asleep
26.04.02.17 is the safest
newer version work too but prevent routing and can't be downgraded: make sure to have radio s-off before flashing newer version
RC3 fixes DSP drain issue, thank's to hrkfdn and mad-murdock
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!