FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] my bn library disappeared

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By destinybay, Junior Member on 17th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
All of a sudden, my BN library is gone. It was there earlier today. Right after I downloaded some more books, my entire library disappeared. My sd card read fine. All of those books are there. It's just the BN ones I have downloaded. My NC is rooted.

Please, please, please...can anyone help me?

17th February 2011, 10:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This is really odd...did you try logging into your account online to see if all your books and things are still there? If they are, it probably shouldn't be too hard to fix...go to your library on your nook and hit the sync button and see if it comes back.
17th February 2011, 11:26 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I know...it's so weird. All my shelves and mags are gone, too. I checked online. They are all there. I have tried sync, but it won't do anything. It does not reload them. I am so stumped and upset.

Please help!!!
18th February 2011, 01:04 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Something else I noticed with the missing library
I had a couple of books on the home screen. I can open those. That tells me that they are somewhere on the NC or it wouldn't open. At least, I would think so. Am I wrong? I know I didn't move anything.

When I got the new downloads this afternoon, I had to stop the download do to work, so they never completed. It won't sync. I think it's because it sees the files somewhere, but I have no idea where. I went into Astro library. I can only see the 2 guide books that come with it.

I hooked my NC to my PC. I can see the BN downloads there. Even weirder.

I am a teacher. I teach an AP English class. Of course, my copies were on this library and now I can't access them.

Can anyone help me with this?
18th February 2011, 01:53 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
please help?
Newest development. I went to download the new freebie of the week and it worked. It showed up in my library like it is i suppose to. Is there a way to move files? Where do I move them to? Can I temporarily move them and put them back and they show up? I can see the others when I plug the NC into my PC. If I take them out, reboot, put them back there, will that work?

*banging head on wall*
18th February 2011, 04:48 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
help?
I could really use the help please
18th February 2011, 05:58 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Unhappy tried something else - didn't work
I went and deleted all downloads from BN (after I backed them up on my computer) and rebooted. I thought that if they weren't there, I could re-sync and download again. Nope. That didn't work. I could only redownload the one from this morning.

That would lead me to believe that there is some command screwed up.

I am now out of my element. I can see the downloads when I go into Astro. I just can't read them in my library.

Help...I am desperate.
18th February 2011, 09:30 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Anyone?

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using XDA App
19th February 2011, 12:01 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This really doesn't make much sense to me...my only guess would be to try moving the files around from your internal memory to your sd card or something and see if you can get them to show up. Your files are there but your library app seems messed up...I'm not sure what to do about that man. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to rohit275 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rohit275 Ad-Free
19th February 2011, 01:45 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
I did a factory reset. I have my library back now, but I can't root it. I may just leave it. I was playing too much and not reading the material I needed to anyway. I just wish someone could have helped me, but it's ok. As much as I wanted it rooted again, apparently it won't let me now. I have been trying for 3 hours. *sigh*
13th June 2018, 06:17 PM |#11  

More
Same.
All of a sudden a bit earlier this morning, all my books disappeared. It has happened before and I found that the best way to fix it is to reboot it. .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)