[ROM] Unofficial Thread For CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies Discussion (Final OP Update 7/21)

Search This thread

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Well guys, it's a sad thing to have to say, but I've finally made the decision to move on from the Hero. Currently, I now own an EVO 3D and loving it to pieces. The Hero has been a ridiculously resilient phone. What's been done with it is nothing short of incredible. It's gone through and will probably continue to go through every version of Android that we've thrown at it.

It's been a great deal of fun being at this section of XDA, but now I must take my leave. Thank you to everyone who made my phone experience what it was.

The links in this thread should remain accurate with no need to change them, but I will not be updating it when major versions come out or if RCs come out.

** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported. [/FONT]
** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
** cause of male impotence.

Links

ROM: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=heroc
Gapps: Universal GApps Package
Changelog: cm-nightlies by appspot

F.A.Q.

What is this?

CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones. It is community built, and open source, the heart of what Android stands for. The current version of Android that CyanogenMod is built on is 2.3 (Also known as Gingerbread)

DISCLAIMER: This is not my work. I did not help build CyanogenMod in any way, shape or form. Do NOT donate me or thank me with the assumption that I had any part in dev'ing this. I simply created this thread to help you keep track of the nightlies.

Any accidental donations given to me because of this thread will be promptly returned.

The real people you should be donating to is jaybob (if you can help us convince him to add a donate link for his hard work), Decad3nce, and of course, Darchstar himself.

Last edited:

danibri82

Sep 17, 2010
so I don't have to weed through a million pages, how functional are the current builds (even non CM) at the moment? i.e. will I be on my 6.1 for a while yet? I can't imagine we can push these phones much further. Much faster and better than stock for sure, but still laggy for what I do.

LiquidSolstice

Jan 17, 2008
so I don't have to weed through a million pages, how functional are the current builds (even non CM) at the moment? i.e. will I be on my 6.1 for a while yet? I can't imagine we can push these phones much further. Much faster and better than stock for sure, but still laggy for what I do.

Nightly builds of CM7 for the heroc have not been released yet, this page is more of an anticipation/preparation thread for when they do.

damiandarkwater

Jun 7, 2010

From my experience the 2.3.2 rom posted by aosp has everything working save the camera (this can be fixed by using a third party camera such as camera 360) and there is a small issue with streaming videos that only allows one to watch a few videos before a reboot is needed.

silberj

Oct 3, 2010
Vine Grove, KY
Reactions: dburg84

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
The camera works, refer to:http://romrepo.info/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page for the most recent releases to date among a wealth of other information.

Camera 360 improves the picture quality but the stock camera works fine too.

Glad to see CM7 coming, I'll have to watch for the official thread and see how it goes. I'm loving the aospCMod version right now though, smooth as butter and absolutely no issues at all so I'll stick with it for now.

Sent from my sexy aospgingermod Heroc

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
If you're having issues with the other Gingerbread build here, or are just interested in a pure CyanogenMOD ROM straight from the source, I'd figure I'd reassure everyone that the official CM7 builds are coming soon, and darchstar will maintain them. I've opened up this thread in anticipation of his first nightly.

For those who need proof that darchstar is indeed coming back, I quote this post from the CM Forums, by Moderator ciwrl:

Source for the above post is located here.

Here are the links listed. NO NIGHTLIES ARE UP AS OF 2/17/11. They are here for when the nightlies do go up, so you can check them.

** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.

Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=heroc
Gapps: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip
Changelog: http://twitter.com/cmsrc

I will be checking the CM7 forums every day for updates from Darchstar and will update this post as soon as I know more.

DISCLAIMER: This is not my work. I did not help build CyanogenMod in any way, shape or form. Do NOT donate me or thank me with the assumption that I had any part in dev'ing this. If you'd like to thank me for keeping you upadted, that's your choice, either way, it does not bother me.

Any accidental donations given to me because of this thread will be promptly returned.

Darch is coming back! This is huge news!

A

AspenTree

since i can't (and no one else) seems to be able to figure out how to get data2ext to work on a sense rom........i'm going to switch to gingerbread once the default camera has just as good as quality or better quality than the sense camera i'll be making my switch then. but until then i'm with the setup in my signature :)

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
So, what will be the difference between this and aospCMod? Will it take a while for darchstar to get to where aosp is now? I just want some distinction between the two.

LiquidSolstice

Jan 17, 2008
So, what will be the difference between this and aospCMod? Will it take a while for darchstar to get to where aosp is now? I just want some distinction between the two.

From what I know, the dev is totally independent, but darch had the kickstart of help from Deca and jaybob, both extremely talented devs themselves, so we'll see where it goes.

EDIT: Flashing the first build now, we'll see how it goes :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flamers, and Haters, and Trolls, Oh My!!

"Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King (popular misquote)

First of all, I have no complaints or issues regarding aosp and his work, and would ask people not to complain using my name or on my behalf.

This is not the appropriate forum for a debate on what aosp should or should not have done, and frankly (in my opinion) it is not our position to say. Please understand that he is under no obligation to provide his source, and that is his personal choice, and he is perfectly entitled to his perspective and his decision. As well as entitled to not being attacked or harangued about it. My viewpoint is as follows: If someone offers you a free cookie, and you ask for the recipe, and they decline, thank them for the cookie, and move on.

Keep in mind that aosp did contribute a very well constructed build based on CM7 sources and his own efforts that was of value to the community. I am sure there are many people out there who have personally developed modifications or enhancements for no one but themselves (as I did for a long time). No one is criticizing them, because they remain in the background, and if this is the standard for behavior, not many are likely to come forward.

I would ask everyone to put the energy being wasted on arguing back and forth to put that time and effort into contributing to the community. Or their family. Or volunteering. Or anything that adds value. All of the sniping and arguing on both sides is just a waste.

If you feel the need to continue to engage in an ongoing battle to support your personal position, please do it in another thread, and keep this clear for positive discussion and support.
    Well guys, it's a sad thing to have to say, but I've finally made the decision to move on from the Hero. Currently, I now own an EVO 3D and loving it to pieces. The Hero has been a ridiculously resilient phone. What's been done with it is nothing short of incredible. It's gone through and will probably continue to go through every version of Android that we've thrown at it.

It's been a great deal of fun being at this section of XDA, but now I must take my leave. Thank you to everyone who made my phone experience what it was.

The links in this thread should remain accurate with no need to change them, but I will not be updating it when major versions come out or if RCs come out.

** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported. [/FONT]

Links

ROM: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=heroc
    Gapps: Universal GApps Package
    Changelog: cm-nightlies by appspot

F.A.Q.

What is this?

CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones. It is community built, and open source, the heart of what Android stands for. The current version of Android that CyanogenMod is built on is 2.3 (Also known as Gingerbread)

DISCLAIMER: This is not my work. I did not help build CyanogenMod in any way, shape or form. Do NOT donate me or thank me with the assumption that I had any part in dev'ing this. I simply created this thread to help you keep track of the nightlies.

The real people you should be donating to is jaybob (if you can help us convince him to add a donate link for his hard work), Decad3nce, and of course, Darchstar himself.
    A heads-up to you cMTD users -- the next build (and thereafter) is going to be pre-optimized (ODEX), so please adjust your system partitions accordingly.

The unzipped ROM image is going to be about 104MB, so with gapps you'll probably want to go with 130 for system.

Also, the magic number for cache size is 18 -- no market fix needed.
    A fairly easy interim fix is to install "Gscript Lite", then "Add script" with the contents "killall mediaserver", finally do an add to Home screen (long press), then "Custom shortcut", "Pick your activity", "Gscript Lite", and select the script you just added. This will give you a one button restart from your home screen.

So I guess it's mediaserver (/system/bin/mediaserver) that's stalling after a while, looks like something with the cache? Anyway, a quick and very dirty temporary workaround without rebooting the phone is, as root:

killall mediaserver

Edit: not to worry, the service will start itself back up automatically.

yes

or you can do it adb style

adb shell
    killall mediaserver

edit: someone can even probably make a one click apk that will run that shell script (not me though ;) )
    Here is how its different

These are OFFICIAL nightly builds as part of OFFICAL cm7 also with nightly builds we will get newer commits every night hence the term nightly

aosp has done great work but he hasn't made his tree available so cyanogen wants no part of his work nor does aosp want to share

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Just as an FYI, there is a build like every few days from aosp, so the term official really means nothing. This will be leaps and bounds behind aosp's build until he stops working on it as, like u said, he has worked out alot of bugs that are still being worked on here. Plus he syncs with cyanogen so we also get all the new stuff from that side, along with aosp's fixes. Im not bashing whatsoever, and everyone on cyanogen side made a great rom(cm 6.1), i just think its unfair that you say that. And if i spent so much time and effort on something, something i did by myself, i would keep it guarded as well. just like we had a month or so ago someone coming in and stealing aosp's rom, taking out the CM stuff(just the apps) and re-distributing it as his own, i think aosp wants to guard from that. So im sure he has his reasons, hes not just like "hahahaha they will never have my tree cause im a huge a**hole". Im looking forward to seeing what comes out of darchs and all you guys corner of this. Will be interesting, i just hope aosp goes pure vanilla and gets rid of the CM stuff, and you guys over here keep up with the cm stuff so the community has a choice in what they want like with froyo. Everyone's work is appreciated, aosp just got to the punch first, cant knock him for that.